First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime: Favorite Genre?
22281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
Either i'm blind or there wasn't a topic like this (hard to believe, but if this gets deleted then we will find out.)

So my question is, what is your favorite anime genre?

Mine favorites are psychological thrillers with some romance in them. I personally like them more because the story is most times more serious and darker than others and there is a lot more character development in them and the romance part is because, who doesn't like a nice love story in an anime!
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
Well it used to be Shounen. But more recently it's become Slice of Life/Drama.
6045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
I'm a sucker for a good mahou shoujo.
Vempy 
19078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
I like mature, well developed plots and a lot of focus on character development and/or interactions. So I guess I prefer seinen. if I had to wrap it up in one genre. However, if you throw in some romance and/or supernatural elements on the side I won't complain.
5167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/6/15 , edited 1/6/15
SoF with comedy/drama/romance. If it is SoF with some cute girls I'm probably sold. I kinda like magical girls/supernatural and ecchi time to time too. The genres I never touch are horror and sports anime.
xxJing 
37185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 1/6/15

Zachary765 wrote:

Either i'm blind or there wasn't a topic like this (hard to believe, but if this gets deleted then we will find out.)

So my question is, what is your favorite anime genre?

Mine favorites are psychological thrillers with some romance in them. I personally like them more because the story is most times more serious and darker than others and there is a lot more character development in them and the romance part is because, who doesn't like a nice love story in an anime!


I will agree I enjoy psychological thrillers, whether or not they have romance. Monster, Death Note, etc. All great.

I am curious to see how you will react to Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School) when that comes out. The plot is a psychological thriller with mind games and what not going on. On the other hand it is very heavy in kinky S&M stuff and has loads of gratuitous fan service...


Other than Psychological Thrillers I also love Space Operas. Of course all of Leiji Matsumoto's stuff like Galaxy Express 999 and Captain Harlock. Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Heroic Age, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Kenran Butousai The Mars Daybreak, Coyote Rag Time, Mouretsu Pirates... The list goes on.
16009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
The ALL category is a nice choice
LOLIX 
17059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/6/15 , edited 1/6/15
I actually like a little bit of everything, but it all depends of the series itself.
859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Neptunia
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
Nice and relaxing Slice of life, nothing happens but in a good way
20291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 1/6/15
mech, romance, psychological, gore, drama, slice of life, comedy
Posted 1/6/15
Mine is a weird combo. Romance and horror. Idk. Just like these two genres.
22281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 1/6/15

xxJing wrote:


Zachary765 wrote:

Either i'm blind or there wasn't a topic like this (hard to believe, but if this gets deleted then we will find out.)

So my question is, what is your favorite anime genre?

Mine favorites are psychological thrillers with some romance in them. I personally like them more because the story is most times more serious and darker than others and there is a lot more character development in them and the romance part is because, who doesn't like a nice love story in an anime!


I will agree I enjoy psychological thrillers, whether or not they have romance. Monster, Death Note, etc. All great.

I am curious to see how you will react to Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School) when that comes out. The plot is a psychological thriller with mind games and what not going on. On the other hand it is very heavy in kinky S&M stuff and has loads of gratuitous fan service...


Other than Psychological Thrillers I also love Space Operas. Of course all of Leiji Matsumoto's stuff like Galaxy Express 999 and Captain Harlock. Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Heroic Age, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Kenran Butousai The Mars Daybreak, Coyote Rag Time, Mouretsu Pirates... The list goes on.


Hmm i'll have to check it out for sure, although I don't like fan service at all really, but i'll still give it a go.



Vempy wrote:

I like mature, well developed plots and a lot of focus on character development and/or interactions. So I guess I prefer seinen. if I had to wrap it up in one genre. However, if you throw in some romance and/or supernatural elements on the side I won't complain.


Agreed! Character development and their interactions are the best! Love to see how different situations and interactions change the characters.



22281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 1/6/15

Krowzin wrote:

Nice and relaxing Slice of life, nothing happens but in a good way :)


Slice of life is always good. Good way to relax and a lot of them relate to actual everyday life as well.




AyanoSan wrote:

Mine is a weird combo. Romance and horror. Idk. Just like these two genres.


Romance and horror mesh very well together and i agree it is a very good mesh of genres. The horror seems to make the romance more intense if that makes sense.
859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Neptunia
Offline
Posted 1/6/15 , edited 1/6/15

Romance blooms in dangerous situations, that's what I've always thought
22281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 1/6/15


I agree. Being in dangerous situations makes you say and do things that are deep down that you normally wouldnt have done, but knowing your life is in danger you do.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.