First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Muslims and free speech
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/10/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

Just a few insane people who happen to be Christian. Still nothing compared to what you here every week. Every single problem in the middle east is to do with Islam. And no, these events ain't also 'Just a few insane people who happen to be Muslim' The whole ideology of Islam is intolerance, Nonbelivers are to be killed. This is all written in their book, they shout out Allah while they kill, there is also a picture of Moses, Jesus, Buddha all in some satire picture and no one has been murdered because of that. Everytime something depicts their pedo prophet in such a way suddenly their is threats and an outrage.




Your minds already made up,no sense in continuing this useless debate.

Posted 1/7/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

Just a few insane people who happen to be Christian. Still nothing compared to what you here every week. Every single problem in the middle east is to do with Islam. And no, these events ain't also 'Just a few insane people who happen to be Muslim' The whole ideology of Islam is intolerance, Nonbelivers are to be killed. This is all written in their book, they shout out Allah while they kill, there is also a picture of Moses, Jesus, Buddha all in some satire picture and no one has been murdered because of that. Everytime something depicts their pedo prophet in such a way suddenly their is threats and an outrage.


You might want to look at my edited post but from what you are saying you go by the whole ignorance is bliss thing. If you ever want to actually see the truth of things, assuming you are not just trolling, feel free to actually look for information on the subject. I promise you it isn't hard to find the stories and incidents where terrorism has occured by other religions.
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


Just a few insane people who happen to be Christian. Still nothing compared to what you here every week. Every single problem in the middle east is to do with Islam. And no, these events ain't also 'Just a few insane people who happen to be Muslim' The whole ideology of Islam is intolerance, Nonbelivers are to be killed. This is all written in their book, they shout out Allah while they kill, there is also a picture of Moses, Jesus, Buddha all in some satire picture and no one has been murdered because of that. Everytime something depicts their pedo prophet in such a way suddenly their is threats and an outrage.


Aren't you just proving the point you're arguing against? You asked for examples of people committing violence in the name of a god of religions besides Islam. Someone was able to provide examples, and now you're claiming they were all just crazy and that their atrocities had nothing to do with their religion.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/15
As a muslim it's pretty sad to hear this. I know I will not be able to change what people think of us but I hope that we don't get looked down on in a few years.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/7/15

FreeToTake wrote:

As a muslim it's pretty sad to hear this. I know I will not be able to change what people think of us but I hope that we don't get looked down on in a few years.


It gets to me sometimes to, but just be yourself and let your actions speak for what kind of person you are.
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/8/15

FreeToTake wrote:

As a muslim it's pretty sad to hear this. I know I will not be able to change what people think of us but I hope that we don't get looked down on in a few years.



kamahl01 wrote:


FreeToTake wrote:

As a muslim it's pretty sad to hear this. I know I will not be able to change what people think of us but I hope that we don't get looked down on in a few years.


It gets to me sometimes to, but just be yourself and let your actions speak for what kind of person you are.


Don't worry. There are still plenty of us rational people out there who know the truth. The ignorant ones just tend to be the loudest unfortunately.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/15
You know I once read a reddit post comparing Islam with Nazi ideology, saying it should be abolished just like it. Was upvoted and gilded. It's pretty sad what a few thousand people could do to hurt 1 billion others.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/9/15
You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'.

How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that we should stop letting in just about anyone especially those that already have this extremist Islam crap in their mind already. And those that support this should be deported or if they were born in that country sent to prison.

Maybe this way normal Muslims who don't follow their book word for word (which extremists would call them not real Muslims lmao) can live life while extremists will be gone overnight. But instead, there is a constant shitstorm and nothing changes.
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/10/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'. How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that people who even show an ounce of support for this cult, because oh yeah I know 'Islam ain't really like that' but it's written in broad daylight, we should start deporting all who oppose the civilized world in any way.


You state that there are more extremist Muslims than there are extremists who practice other religions, but your claim lacks the data to back it up. You're simply inventing facts based upon your perception of reality. I'm not even in a position to deny your claim because I also lack the data to prove or disprove it. The difference is that I don't pretend that I know something that I clearly can't prove. I hate to say it, but yours is exactly the behavior that breeds extremists.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/7/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'.

How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that we should stop letting in just about anyone especially those that already have this extremist Islam crap in their mind already. And those that support this should be deported or if they were born in that country sent to prison.

Maybe this way normal Muslims who don't follow their book word for word (which extremists would call them not real Muslims lmao) can live life while extremists will be gone overnight. But instead, there is a constant shitstorm and nothing changes.


Do you know how many civilians died in Iraq?
Palestine
Afghanistan
etc....
Say what you want, but its a shame that people like you are oblivious to what happens in war torn countries. The problem is, many don't care what happens as long as its not in there country. Also, you are sounding a lot like an extremist..lock them up, deport them....Internment camps were a horrible past for many countries,but I can see why they were allowed to exist. I can guarantee if you did any research, you would read many things that most would frown upon in the Bible and the Torah. Again, I stand by my original statement.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/7/15

staphen wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'. How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that people who even show an ounce of support for this cult, because oh yeah I know 'Islam ain't really like that' but it's written in broad daylight, we should start deporting all who oppose the civilized world in any way.


You state that there are more extremist Muslims than there are extremists who practice other religions, but your claim lacks the data to back it up. You're simply inventing facts based upon your perception of reality. I'm not even in a position to deny your claim because I also lack the data to prove or disprove it. The difference is that I don't pretend that I know something that I clearly can't prove. I hate to say it, but yours is exactly the behavior that breeds extremists.


lol data ok.

Other news sites blurring the cartoon because, oh god wouldn't wanna offend those terrorists would we?



Also, this is the cartoon that depicts other religeons together, it's been 2 years and no outrage yet? Unlike this cartoon, almost instantly 12 people are dead. http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Also this isn't just about the cartoons or is not just an attack on a magazine, but an attack on our fundamental universal values, our values of freedom of expression.

20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers. In other words, 1 in 4 Muslims says it was justified. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Or better yet just watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing the religion. And anyone who wants to be offended by it then go ahead and be offended, it's like me being offended because some guy says anime is crap. I'm not a moron.
Posted 1/7/15 , edited 1/9/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'.

How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that we should stop letting in just about anyone especially those that already have this extremist Islam crap in their mind already. And those that support this should be deported or if they were born in that country sent to prison.

Maybe this way normal Muslims who don't follow their book word for word (which extremists would call them not real Muslims lmao) can live life while extremists will be gone overnight. But instead, there is a constant shitstorm and nothing changes.


Here, it isn't even all that much reading. Perhaps it will show you that you need to do more research into things.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/09/0925_TVkoran.html

Also, the reasonable peaceful Muslims who don't twist the religion simply to attack people like the extremists do, don't need you or anyone to "tread carefully". They are fully capable of accepting your own beliefs and not being offended by them. As for the comment about there being more extremists in Islam than any other religion I already pointed out that the others just simply don't get the same amount of attention so of course it will be seen as such.

Either way this will most likely be the last thing I bother saying to you on the matter as I can't force you to be open-minded or stop you from being a troll, whichever the case may be.
9022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/7/15
Its been so long since I've been on a real forum, I forgot how quickly threads like this devolve. Lets get some things straight:

As a whole, Islam is tolerant of Free Speech. It is far-right wing extremist organizations such as Hamas, the Taliban, Boko Haram, the Haqqani Network, the IDD, etc. The assailants who made the attack in France today are an obvious example of a supporter of one of these groups, who are infamous for using violent and often indiscriminate attacks on civilian and military targets alike. (Or similar organization. Thousands of these groups exist.)

Most Muslims are very kind and tolerant. They are human beings, just like you and me, and do in fact carry the inherent morals that come with being a human. Extremist organizations are born out of hardship, and the reason we see so many of them cropping up in the Middle East is due to their unstable political and economic environment. Conflicts between the different sects of Islam (Not just Sunni and Shiite), lead to political division, which leads to economic strain, which then becomes a vicious downward spiral. Prior to last 10 or so years, dictatorships offered political and economic stability in the Middle East, under individuals like Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein and the Ayatollah of Iran. Most of these individuals used fear and the idea of a "greater evil" to keep people in line, and control the national economy. Now, as an example outside of the middle east, I will present to you Germany in the Interwar period. The Wiemar republic was the most unstable mess of a government ever to exist. The economy was in shambles, having been essentially pillaged by the Treaty of Versailles, and people were starving in the streets. As an example of the hardship people faced, here is an image taken in 1926 of people lining up to have their family dogs killed, as they can no longer afford to keep them. Imagine the feelings people had when they went from being one of the most powerful nations on Earth, to one of the poorest, with people starving in the streets. Here, two main ideas prevailed: Far-Left Socialist/Communists and Far-Right Facists/Monarchists. These two groups turned quite violent, attacking the Wiemar republic itself, as well as eachother, resulting in thousands of deaths on each side. Out of the ashes rose one organization, the National Socialist German Workers' Party, commonly known today as the Nazis.

There are other factors to include, such as the radicalization of Islamic teens in Europe by extremist Imams, but that is sort of a different line of questions and answers.

If you have any questions about these things, please let me know. I have studied the History and Politics of the Middle East quite extensively. My major is in Military History, and I am currently work at a National Repository, for some sense of who I am. Take note, this explanation is HYPER SIMPLIFIED.

As an end note, Hatred only breeds more hatred. As someone who studies the history of conflict and death for a living, I can tell you that uneducated opinions of xenophobia and intolerance only leads to more conflict and misunderstandings. I encourage you to read the Quran, and get an idea of what they believe before you make your own judgement. I implore you not to let others (especially news organizations) make your decisions.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 1/7/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Here, it isn't even all that much reading. Perhaps it will show you that you need to do more research into things.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/09/0925_TVkoran.html

Also, the reasonable peaceful Muslims who don't twist the religion simply to attack people like the extremists do, don't need you or anyone to "tread carefully". They are fully capable of accepting your own beliefs and not being offended by them. As for the comment about there being more extremists in Islam than any other religion I already pointed out that the others just simply don't get the same amount of attention so of course it will be seen as such.

Either way this will most likely be the last thing I bother saying to you on the matter as I can't force you to be open-minded or stop you from being a troll, whichever the case may be.


I am Open-Minded and I'm not a troll. So you're trying to tell me the Koran is a book of peace? Lets look at all these quotes, in this 'book of peace'

Quotes from the Koran/Quran.

"About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad's biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers."

Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy



He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.

Quran 3:85, "The Imrans," Dawood, p. 60



This Book is not to be doubted.... As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them.
Quran 2:1/2:6-2:10; "The Cow," Dawood, pp. 1-2



Lord...Give us victory over the unbelievers.

Quran 2:286, "The Cow," Dawood, p. 46

"Lord...give us victory over the unbelievers."

Quran 3:148, "The Imrans," Dawood, p. 67



I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.

Quran 8:12, "The Spoils," Dawood, p. 177



When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

Quran 9:5; "Repentance," Dawood, p. 186



Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate.

Quran 9:73, "Repentance," Dawood, p. 198



Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them. Know that God is with the righteous.

Quran 9:123, "Repentance," Dawood, p. 206



When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Quran 47:4, "Muhammad," Dawood, p. 506


This isn't even half of it, this is all through out the book. Or do Muslims pretend those pages don't exist? Keep telling yourself none of this is true, it's in broad daylight.

Other quotes go on to say how women are useless and to be used as cattle and you will be rewarded for being a terrorist. Also, if you wanna see this book of peace for yourself, it's all here - http://www.truthbeknown.com/islamquotes.htm

Anything else?
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


staphen wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You guys don't get it, their might be extremist morons in other places but none more so that Islam, trying to disagree with this statement you're just in denial. Their very religion has written in many quotes to kill non-believers among other things that basically all amount to not Islam = enemy. It's not exactly 'hidden away'. How many killings will it take along with supports of those killings in these very countries that welcomed these idiots will it take before people realize instead of trying to 'tread carefully' with what they say because oh boohoo wouldn't wanna offend anyone, that people who even show an ounce of support for this cult, because oh yeah I know 'Islam ain't really like that' but it's written in broad daylight, we should start deporting all who oppose the civilized world in any way.


You state that there are more extremist Muslims than there are extremists who practice other religions, but your claim lacks the data to back it up. You're simply inventing facts based upon your perception of reality. I'm not even in a position to deny your claim because I also lack the data to prove or disprove it. The difference is that I don't pretend that I know something that I clearly can't prove. I hate to say it, but yours is exactly the behavior that breeds extremists.


lol data ok.

Other news sites blurring the cartoon because, oh god wouldn't wanna offend those terrorists would we?



Also, this is the cartoon that depicts other religeons together, it's been 2 years and no outrage yet? Unlike this cartoon, almost instantly 12 people are dead. http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Also this isn't just about the cartoons or is not just an attack on a magazine, but an attack on our fundamental universal values, our values of freedom of expression.

20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers. In other words, 1 in 4 Muslims says it was justified. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Or better yet just watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing the religion. And anyone who wants to be offended by it then go ahead and be offended, it's like me being offended because some guy says anime is crap. I'm not a moron.


I see that you're not a moron, but you don't seem to know how to back up your arguments. If your argument is that there are more Muslim extremists than there are extremists in any other religion, then you need data that indicates how many Muslims are extremists AND how many extremists there are in other religions. The closest you got to having that data was your second link, but the article clearly stated that although 20% sympathized with the feelings and motives of the bombers, 99% thought the bombers were wrong to commit the atrocity.

Data is important, but it also needs to back up your claim.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.