First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply School food
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 1/8/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

^^^^ ewww wtf is that??? rofl.

it looks like brains xDDDDDD omg. I would rather starve to death that eat something that looks like a brain


It was suppose to be meat, but they probably don't have much meat in it so they probably mix in a bunch of other stuff for it in order to look like that. Let me assure you, it doesn't taste good!
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Long Island, NY
Offline
Posted 1/8/15
USA - schools serve food for money, but there are free lunch programs depending on your income level.

As for your school's situation, first, let's not walk past the root of the problem. Your fellow students should blame themselves because they're so lazy that they can't even clean up after lunch. I don't blame the cooks for doing what they did. As for the advertisement, they just need to be off school grounds. Companies can advertise however they want in their territory.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 1/8/15 , edited 1/8/15
No complaints in my part.

I hardly seen a food fight (literally throwing food at each other) in the school cafeteria.

I just got bullied out of the experience. Some dudes they would sneakily [spit/lick] mark your stuff with the usual phrase "will you eat that?"

8 hour fasting. No problem
I only got a dollar and some change in my pocket to get home everyday.
Posted 1/8/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

^^^^ ewww wtf is that??? rofl.

it looks like brains xDDDDDD omg. I would rather starve to death that eat something that looks like a brain


It was suppose to be meat, but they probably don't have much meat in it so they probably mix in a bunch of other stuff for it in order to look like that. Let me assure you, it doesn't taste good!


you touched it...???
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/8/15
School food in public schools in the US has always been terrible because schools have to take quantity over quality due to budget constraints.
38302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Western Australia
Offline
Posted 1/8/15 , edited 1/8/15
My school you can bring your lunch, or buy some from the canteen. It used to be good, but then after they changed companies 4 times, these days it's small serves (Like snack sizes) that tend to be not very good for expensive prices. Want a small salad? Go pay $7.
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Long Island, NY
Offline
Posted 1/8/15

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

School food in public schools in the US has always been terrible because schools have to take quantity over quality due to budget constraints.


Well, we all know where the budget goes.
US hasn't completely pulled out of Afghanistan yet.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 1/8/15 , edited 1/8/15

GodGreatestEver wrote:

USA - schools serve food for money, but there are free lunch programs depending on your income level.

As for your school's situation, first, let's not walk past the root of the problem. Your fellow students should blame themselves because they're so lazy that they can't even clean up after lunch. I don't blame the cooks for doing what they did. As for the advertisement, they just need to be off school grounds. Companies can advertise however they want in their territory.


That's not fully correct, like I said. There was a small amount of people who didn't take the food away from the tables. If I'm gonna guess then maybe 30-40 people left it there out of the entire school of 1.5k people. Thus meaning, they're not justified to punish the entire school for what the few did. That's like the stuff that the media is currently doing with games, one gamer is a psychopath since he shot some people... Let's blame it on the entire gamer parts of out population even thouge scientific research is available and have proven that games decrease violence since people can take their anger out in game.
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Long Island, NY
Offline
Posted 1/8/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


GodGreatestEver wrote:

USA - schools serve food for money, but there are free lunch programs depending on your income level.

As for your school's situation, first, let's not walk past the root of the problem. Your fellow students should blame themselves because they're so lazy that they can't even clean up after lunch. I don't blame the cooks for doing what they did. As for the advertisement, they just need to be off school grounds. Companies can advertise however they want in their territory.


That's not fully correct, like I said. There was a small amount of people who didn't take the food away from the tables. If I'm gonna guess then maybe 30-40 people left it there out of the entire school of 1.5k people. Thus meaning, they're not justified to punish the entire school for what the few did. That's like the stuff that the media is currently doing with games, one gamer is a psychopath since he shot some people... Let's blame it on the entire gamer parts of out population even thouge scientific research is available and have proven that games decrease violence since people can take their anger out in game.


Agreed. At school, the actions of a few have consequences for all. Fair or not, that's how it is. Your student council should work with the cooks to establish an understanding, and hopefully persecute those litterers or/and task responsible peers with patrol to call out sloths like those 30-40 people.
Back in my high school, we socially outcast any one or few person that ruin something for everyone, so there's pressure for people to act accordingly.
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 1/8/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


OshareCuPCakEe wrote:

Well, I'm from Sweden too and when I still was in school I got my lunch for free also. Though I wouldn't mind to pay a bit to get good quality food. It was damn disgusting most of the time. It didn't look appealing at all. The only dishes that were somewhat acceptable was hamburgers, hot dogs and tacos. I suppose I got what I paid for.


The problem with Sweden is that the Swedish government looks at everyone as equals and thinks that people don't have the money to pay for food and other things. And this is why they have laws in place that forbids schools from taking money from students in any way shape or form. I too wouldn't have had any problems what so ever with them taking a bit of money for the food. And then we've also got the fact that they only are willing to give out 9:- for the food they serve, it's totally uneatable... This doesn't even look remotely eatable.




It looks like a dish filled with diarrhea.
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/8/15
When I was in school we had to pay for our food, it was really good too! Now with Michelle's new healthy school lunches, that apparently taste terrible/don't provide enough nutrients for students, I'm really thankful I was in school when I was.
6979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 1/8/15
I used to receive free lunch from my Kindergarten year up until my freshman year in high school, after that my high school used to cater food from other restaurant, I don't know if they still do it. Now in college they're variety of in-campus and off-campus restaurants to go to.
Posted 1/8/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

^^^^ ewww wtf is that??? rofl.

it looks like brains xDDDDDD omg. I would rather starve to death that eat something that looks like a brain


It was suppose to be meat, but they probably don't have much meat in it so they probably mix in a bunch of other stuff for it in order to look like that. Let me assure you, it doesn't taste good!


you touched it...???


I got nauseous just looking at it. I wouldn't even go near it or look at it during lunch. I would lose my appetite.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 1/8/15
I had to pay for lunch, did not like the food at all so I ended up eating one of those big soft pretzels everyday until I became a Junior and was able to leave the school for lunch.
7523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 1/8/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


OshareCuPCakEe wrote:

Well, I'm from Sweden too and when I still was in school I got my lunch for free also. Though I wouldn't mind to pay a bit to get good quality food. It was damn disgusting most of the time. It didn't look appealing at all. The only dishes that were somewhat acceptable was hamburgers, hot dogs and tacos. I suppose I got what I paid for.


The problem with Sweden is that the Swedish government looks at everyone as equals and thinks that people don't have the money to pay for food and other things. And this is why they have laws in place that forbids schools from taking money from students in any way shape or form. I too wouldn't have had any problems what so ever with them taking a bit of money for the food. And then we've also got the fact that they only are willing to give out 9:- for the food they serve, it's totally uneatable... This doesn't even look remotely eatable.




At least you're not paying $5 for four undercooked pieces of frozen chicken(?) nuggets and a carton of expired milk...

(as a side note, just sprinkle Mexican cheese on top of that and it's pretty much what I get here in America as well...)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.