First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it me or is there A LOT of ecchi animes involving devils
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/15
I think part of it is that devils/demons can be less constrained by social conventions. Examples:

High School DxD - Very few women would be willing to put up with a harem, but devil girls don't have a problem with it.
The Devil is a Part-Timer - A person working at a low level job like McDonald's would not be expected to have much ambition. Mao wants to work hard and using it to catapult him to ruling the world.

Other times it is to give us a misunderstood or discriminated against character:
I Couldn't Become a Hero - The demon princess is actually sweet, naive, innocent, and cheerful.
Maoyu - The demon king is actually a pretty woman who wants to bring peace and prosperity to everyone (along with the love of the hero).
7600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/9/15

Aeso wrote:

Maybe they just do it because they want to. Did you ever think about that



7600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/9/15

dracphelan wrote:

I think part of it is that devils/demons can be less constrained by social conventions. Examples:

High School DxD - Very few women would be willing to put up with a harem, but devil girls don't have a problem with it.
The Devil is a Part-Timer - A person working at a low level job like McDonald's would not be expected to have much ambition. Mao wants to work hard and using it to catapult him to ruling the world.

Other times it is to give us a misunderstood or discriminated against character:
I Couldn't Become a Hero - The demon princess is actually sweet, naive, innocent, and cheerful.
Maoyu - The demon king is actually a pretty woman who wants to bring peace and prosperity to everyone (along with the love of the hero).


But for your highschool dxd case your point is overruled by anime logic. Your point is only valid in real life lol
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15
Its a pretty big fetish for a lot of people
Fadaar 
9509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/10/15
7106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere in rura...
Offline
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15
There's a lot of ecchi in general. It's what the otaku culture likes, or rather, it's what seems to sell.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/10/15

supes12 wrote:


Aeso wrote:

Maybe they just do it because they want to. Did you ever think about that








But yeah, this is hella popular. It crosses the middle ground of appealing to your Normal vanilla perverts and the wacky Monster girl perverts while providing a neat little bonus if being a mythological creature of sexy fun.

Even Shounen has a fair amount of these. Such as Blue Exorcist and HELL! DRAGON BALL Z HAS DEMONS IN IT!



It's a cultural thing. They think it's cool shit, YOU HEAR ME? DEMONS ARE COOL SHIT!

Hell, look at Devil May Cry! They have demons everywhere in Japan. It's that cool foreign thing. Over in japan they only get Ghosts and Oni, those are so boring.
7600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/10/15

OMG that episode f-ed me up lol



Felstalker wrote:


supes12 wrote:


Aeso wrote:

Maybe they just do it because they want to. Did you ever think about that








But yeah, this is hella popular. It crosses the middle ground of appealing to your Normal vanilla perverts and the wacky Monster girl perverts while providing a neat little bonus if being a mythological creature of sexy fun.

Even Shounen has a fair amount of these. Such as Blue Exorcist and HELL! DRAGON BALL Z HAS DEMONS IN IT!



It's a cultural thing. They think it's cool shit, YOU HEAR ME? DEMONS ARE COOL SHIT!

Hell, look at Devil May Cry! They have demons everywhere in Japan. It's that cool foreign thing. Over in japan they only get Ghosts and Oni, those are so boring.

Again more valid points
LokiLB 
41572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15

Felstalker wrote:

It's a cultural thing. They think it's cool shit, YOU HEAR ME? DEMONS ARE COOL SHIT!

Hell, look at Devil May Cry! They have demons everywhere in Japan. It's that cool foreign thing. Over in japan they only get Ghosts and Oni, those are so boring.


Hey, they've got yokai, which are sort of ghosts, demons, and fairies rolled together under one title.
One of these days I'll find an anime that makes the yokai = fairies connection. I was waiting for Durarara to make it (Izaya would make an awesome yokai), but so far they haven't.
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15
would you rather ecchi mermaids?

because there's one right here on CR

You either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player.

Get the latest Flash Player
LokiLB 
41572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

would you rather ecchi mermaids?

because there's one right here on CR

You either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player.

Get the latest Flash Player


There's a problem with that unless they're shark mermaids.
Futurama nicely conveyed that in their Atlanta episode.
3659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/10/15
I don't know y but personally I like the hole devil ecchi thing that's going on now
7600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/10/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

would you rather ecchi mermaids?

because there's one right here on CR

You either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player.

Get the latest Flash Player


Is that a merman or mermaid? can't tell
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/10/15

LokiLB wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

It's a cultural thing. They think it's cool shit, YOU HEAR ME? DEMONS ARE COOL SHIT!

Hell, look at Devil May Cry! They have demons everywhere in Japan. It's that cool foreign thing. Over in japan they only get Ghosts and Oni, those are so boring.


Hey, they've got yokai, which are sort of ghosts, demons, and fairies rolled together under one title.
One of these days I'll find an anime that makes the yokai = fairies connection. I was waiting for Durarara to make it (Izaya would make an awesome yokai), but so far they haven't.


Look. Japanese fairy tails are lame. They involve people in tree's and demonic spirits and shit. Those are sooooo level 1.


Christianity labeled demons according to sins, gave them a huge ass backstory of being fallen angels or sinful humans or something along those lines. Then they told everybody "You'll become this if you do this OR hang out with someone who does do this!"

It has a lot more though put into it. Them Europeans be crazy and shit. Always making up cool new shit and such.
7600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/10/15

Felstalker wrote:


LokiLB wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

It's a cultural thing. They think it's cool shit, YOU HEAR ME? DEMONS ARE COOL SHIT!

Hell, look at Devil May Cry! They have demons everywhere in Japan. It's that cool foreign thing. Over in japan they only get Ghosts and Oni, those are so boring.


Hey, they've got yokai, which are sort of ghosts, demons, and fairies rolled together under one title.
One of these days I'll find an anime that makes the yokai = fairies connection. I was waiting for Durarara to make it (Izaya would make an awesome yokai), but so far they haven't.


Look. Japanese fairy tails are lame. They involve people in tree's and demonic spirits and shit. Those are sooooo level 1.


Christianity labeled demons according to sins, gave them a huge ass backstory of being fallen angels or sinful humans or something along those lines. Then they told everybody "You'll become this if you do this OR hang out with someone who does do this!"

It has a lot more though put into it. Them Europeans be crazy and shit. Always making up cool new shit and such.


There are actually a lot of cool Japanese fairy tails
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.