First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Police say fourth graders plotted to kill NY teacher.
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15

aeb0717 wrote:

Hmmmm... Basically, they didn't 'plot' in the sense of having actually tried to do it, but spoke rhetorically... So they didn't get in trouble for committing a murder, but for thinking and speaking of one. Huh. Kids commonly BS about things they may or may not fully understand, so these kinds of things really ought to be handled with care; however, people need to remain aware that children are fully capable of heinous crimes, and always have been. All too often, children are underestimated.


Must have gone through anyone's mind. A lot of people probably killed her in their mind. And now even more people know about it She's a dead woman walking.
This is just a case of like minds finding each other and coming up with a common "plot"
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Funny but in all seriousness that is fuck up. I have teachers I hate it when I was in the same grade but I will never kill them.


I honestly think you're overreacting...

I thought their murder plot was kind of cute; placing hand sanitiser all over the classroom because they know the teacher is allergic to it... lol.

they're 9 years old, they're not able to tell right from wrong completely, yet. omg even adults can't tell right from wrong sometimes... hence why we need laws etc.

it's like judging a toddler for killing its parent with a pistol... it didn't know any better. humans aren't born with morals. you have to teach them what is right and what is wrong.

9781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15

severticas wrote:



Must have gone through anyone's mind. A lot of people probably killed her in their mind. And now even more people know about it She's a dead woman walking.
This is just a case of like minds finding each other and coming up with a common "plot"


I just imagined a supernova taking out our planet. That's 7+ billion people dead, including the teacher. Whoops. This is why it's generally preferable to not charge people for a possible crime. Makes me think of shows/movies/books, specifically Psycho-Pass and the background story of Shuusei Kagari. Well, at least the police knew to drop it.
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15

aeb0717 wrote:


severticas wrote:



Must have gone through anyone's mind. A lot of people probably killed her in their mind. And now even more people know about it She's a dead woman walking.
This is just a case of like minds finding each other and coming up with a common "plot"


I just imagined a supernova taking out our planet. That's 7+ billion people dead, including the teacher. Whoops. This is why it's generally preferable to not charge people for a possible crime. Makes me think of shows/movies/books, specifically Psycho-Pass and the background story of Shuusei Kagari. Well, at least the police knew to drop it.

I dont think the supernova counts as much thou xD
I like the way you think
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 1/10/15
They always watch shows on TV with people killing each other, they're just imitating
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15
Where the hell are these kids parents?

Problem is parents today would rather hand their kids an iPad and let Steve Jobs raise them than do it them self. Then we wonder...
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 1/10/15
great after I read that I saw a link for this.....

http://rt.com/news/206563-soap-chemical-cancer-triclosan/

well I'm gonna get cancer now
4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/15

AiYumega wrote:

Where the hell are these kids parents?

Problem is parents today would rather hand their kids an iPad and let Steve Jobs raise them than do it them self. Then we wonder...


Exactly. IMO there is nothing wrong with TV, Video Games, or Internet. But that doesn't mean you just hand that to a 5 to 10 year old kid and call it a day. Children and that age are VERY impressionable and you have to have a hand in their lives until they are old enough to not be so easily influenced.

I've played videogames and watched anime most of my life but I also watched plenty of kid shows and played with my parents a lot and I turned out fine. Now I'm not saying EVERY kid who played videogames and watched TV alone as a kid ends up messed up. But it's a coin toss as to whether they will seriously take in the stuff they watch at that age and it's the responsibility of parents to make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course then we have equally lazy but over protective parents who try to get it all banned. But that isn't what they should be focusing on. Instead of making sure the government doesn't let their kids be influenced they need to do it themselves. All it takes is watching your kid and talking to them. Teach then right from wrong yourself and just make sure to interact with them on a daily basis.
Posted 1/10/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Funny but in all seriousness that is fuck up. I have teachers I hate it when I was in the same grade but I will never kill them.


I honestly think you're overreacting...

I thought their murder plot was kind of cute; placing hand sanitiser all over the classroom because they know the teacher is allergic to it... lol.

they're 9 years old, they're not able to tell right from wrong completely, yet. omg even adults can't tell right from wrong sometimes... hence why we need laws etc.

it's like judging a toddler for killing its parent with a pistol... it didn't know any better. humans aren't born with morals. you have to teach them what is right and what is wrong.



You will say that until one them kill somebody. I'm not overreacting. All I am saying is get the kids heads check and make sure they are no crazy in the head. Better be safe than sorry. Also don't make excuses for the kids because that when shit get real, and that were people star dying.
Posted 1/10/15 , edited 1/10/15
I play god of war when I was outmost the same age and I did't think of doing the same as them. Something else is going on here.
Posted 1/10/15

KarenAraragi wrote:
You will say that until one them kill somebody. I'm not overreacting. All I am saying is get the kids heads check and make sure they are no crazy in the head. Better be safe than sorry. Also don't make excuses for the kids because that when shit get real, and that were people star dying.


I would be worried if the kids were saying something like, "Let's capture a snake and put it in her handbag" Or "let's suffocate her with a plastic bag".
Their murder plot doesn't even seem that... serious. But ya'll are making a mountain out of a molehill.




Let me know when hand sanitisers killed that teacher...
6981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 1/10/15
I found actual footage of what happened


Just kidding, the kids from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu have their reason, but those kids have no reason of planning to kill their teacher, too many kids playing CoD and GTA these days is causing the self-destruction of their childhood..Remember when back in the days kids used to play Pokemon with friends and exchange trading cards, I miss those day, where did those days go.
Posted 1/10/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Funny but in all seriousness that is fuck up. I have teachers I hate it when I was in the same grade but I will never kill them.


I honestly think you're overreacting...

I thought their murder plot was kind of cute; placing hand sanitiser all over the classroom because they know the teacher is allergic to it... lol.

they're 9 years old, they're not able to tell right from wrong completely, yet. omg even adults can't tell right from wrong sometimes... hence why we need laws etc.

it's like judging a toddler for killing its parent with a pistol... it didn't know any better. humans aren't born with morals. you have to teach them what is right and what is wrong.



You don't know the maturity level of them, nor their capabilities. Kids are different now. They're becoming less and less innocent.
Posted 1/10/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
You will say that until one them kill somebody. I'm not overreacting. All I am saying is get the kids heads check and make sure they are no crazy in the head. Better be safe than sorry. Also don't make excuses for the kids because that when shit get real, and that were people star dying.


I would be worried if the kids were saying something like, "Let's capture a snake and put it in her handbag" Or "let's suffocate her with a plastic bag".
Their murder plot doesn't even seem that... serious. But ya'll are making a mountain out of a molehill.




Let me know when hand sanitisers killed that teacher...


So you think wanting to use something somebody is a allergic to kill them is no serious ?
20894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 1/10/15
At the age of 9 their mind is easy manipulated by media and they are not aware of the consequences yet.
For me they are lacking of Imputability, Hence they could not be charged with any criminal charge.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.