First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Muse VS Radiohead
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
good picks. I am certainly fond of thier expierimental tracks.
Posted 11/22/06
Thanks waff do any radiohead fans have yorkes solo cd?


Trevor (OP)
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
I didnt like it at first but I was watching some of the videos youtube and it sounds pretty good so I might get it. I hear it was all done on a laptop. If thats so Im impressed.
246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no where special
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
I like both but Radiohead is better IMO. I have also heard Thorn Yorke my brother in law has the solo CD.
2169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
Been listening to muse on my mp3 this evening at work. Going to hunt out my Radiohead cds when I get home in the morning and stick them on too.

I like the way a non uk site is having a discussion on two uk bands. I never know what british bands do well outside of this crappy little island
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
Radiohead is clearly superior. Muse needs to go in a new direction, they are even more mellow than Radiohead. If you have heard Phish you know mellow sucks. Compared to all other music that is.

But Linkin Park is better. And then Nirvana is the winner.

And British bands are called American classics. Just saw them all on VH1.
1873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / u.k
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
radiohead rule muse no no way never stop
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
Mellow usually means quiet, with some acid trip noises with the music. Progressive i assume.

Progressive bands better than Muse:
Radiohead
Rolling Stones
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Tears For Fears
The Beatles

They beat Phish and Beck(when he rambles), but that doesn't say much for them. I listened to the songs, Supermassive Black Hole and Feeling Good(deleted after 2nd time), and Take A Bow is pretty much their only great song, but I am downloading the others to see if they are good.

Nirvana is so underrated, it's not funny. If he said those lyrics without music, he would be an award-winning poet. Most of the lyrics are pretty ironic, too.
At least, I know why he killed himself, in fact I wasn't surprised, All Apologises was pretty much a farewell/suicide song. His music was rarely loud, but spoke volumes for more people. That is an artist.
Posted 11/22/06

lusulpher wrote:

Mellow usually means quiet, with some acid trip noises with the music. Progressive i assume.

Progressive bands better than Muse:
Radiohead
Rolling Stones
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Tears For Fears
The Beatles

They beat Phish and Beck(when he rambles), but that doesn't say much for them. I listened to the songs, Supermassive Black Hole and Feeling Good(deleted after 2nd time), and Take A Bow is pretty much their only great song, but I am downloading the others to see if they are good.

Nirvana is so underrated, it's not funny. If he said those lyrics without music, he would be an award-winning poet. Most of the lyrics are pretty ironic, too.
At least, I know why he killed himself, in fact I wasn't surprised, All Apologises was pretty much a farewell/suicide song. His music was rarely loud, but spoke volumes for more people. That is an artist.




every band you mentioned on that list outside of soundgarden and radiohead is either horrible or horribly overated...and yes i say the beatles are overrated


the list should have included imo...

Radiohead
Interpol
tool
alice in chains
depeche mode
rush
the sounds of animals fighting


all those bands obliterate your list


Trevor (OP)
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
I listen to classic rock radio and I NEVER hear Nirvana. I'm not talking early experimental crap Nirvana, or after-Kurt Nirvana. I'm talking Kurt singing directly to every depressed person on the planet. Which radio station is that?

Duh, it's underrated! I saw the performance of All Apologies on SNL and at the end of that heartwrenching confession, the audience cheered! They clearly just thought that was pretty music. They failed to realize he was calling the public mass SO ignorant, he would kill himself instead of be liked by them. I was just as disgusted by their reaction, and as his suicide note points out, he found his music shallow simply because he wasn't getting through to them. That f***ing sucks.

Yeah, I figure Courtney Love made him so depressed he had no choice.
You guys realize he hated fame. Which is ironic enough to cause his suicide.

Alice in Chains is mellow? I stuck to mellow bands, and of course The Beatles were overrated, but it's kinda unfair to just say John Lennon. He didn't play all the instruments.

And their is no way on Earth, Hell, or Heaven you can say Tears for Fears and Rolling Stones is overrated! For something to be overrated it has to be bad, and the majority of the songs from these bands are f***ing immortal! Popularity doesn't always mean overrated.

You name a modern band they usually have some of these as their influences. But these are the mellow influences, I prefer the thrash, deathmetal and ballad rockers.
Damn you emo/goth rocker!
2682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / vWhere we perciee...
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
Wth....how'd beatles get in there? Comparing modern with oldies? d-_-b
As for Nirvana and Soundgarden. I like some of their songs. not a lot though. ^^
I dont remember what songs I heard that were Muse..but radiohead seems to be just as popular as I dont remember their songs too well either. >_<
Posted 11/22/06

lusulpher wrote:

I listen to classic rock radio and I NEVER hear Nirvana. I'm not talking early experimental crap Nirvana, or after-Kurt Nirvana. I'm talking Kurt singing directly to every depressed person on the planet. Which radio station is that? And if they get

Yeah, I figure Courtney Love made him so depressed he had no choice.
You guys realize he hated fame. Which is ironic enough to cause his suicide.

Alice in Chains is mellow? I stuck to mellow bands, and of course The Beatles were overrated, but it's kinda unfair to just say John Lennon. He didn't play all the instruments.

And their is no way on Earth, Hell, or Heaven you can say Tears for Fears and Rolling Stones is overrated! For something to be overrated it has to be bad, and the majority of the songs from these bands are f***ing immortal! Popularity doesn't always mean overrated.

You name a modern band they usually have some of these as their influences. but these are the mellow influences, I prefer the thrash, deathmetal and ballad rockers.
Damn you emo/goth rocker!




ok heres whats wrong with your post....

1) no one said popularity means overrated i tell people who listen to shitty bands that no one has ever heard of that the band is overrated because they think so highly of their bad music.
2) AIC has quite a few mellow songs maybe you just havent heard enough of them?...
3) if you like deathmetal i will assume that means your a cradle of filth fan....and IF thats the case reffering to me as an emo goth rocker just made you look like jjdynamite......now maybe you werent menaing that to me @ all and if thats the case then i just became lost in your post lol sorry.
4)Thrash and hardcore music is fantastic deathmetal sucks majorly..ballad rockers....depends on what band


Trevor (OP)
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/22/06

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

Here's why you've never heard Nirvana on a classic rock station. It's the simple fact they aren't categorized as Classic Rock, they are categorized in the music genre known as grunge and alternative rock. That must be a very good reason for not hearing them on your classic rock station. If you would simply turn to a modern rock station then I'm sure you would hear them.
I cannot believe you didn't know that, you must be a noob.
Now even though they are overrated there is only one song that I like from them. That song would be a cover from a David Bowie song know as "The Man Who Sold the World."


Last time I went there I heard Dashboard Confessional and some other whiny emo bands.*shudder* The Used isn't worth their boring crap. I download all my alternative now, carefully.
I thought they would play Grunge on classic rock because the have the other mellow ballads there.

How exactly are they overrated, if they have excellent lyrics and a wide experimental style that lead to a new genre? I might be a sappy philosopher but I like poetry in my music.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Beatles are mellow. It's a list of mellow bands.
Posted 11/22/06

lusulpher wrote:


Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

Here's why you've never heard Nirvana on a classic rock station. It's the simple fact they aren't categorized as Classic Rock, they are categorized in the music genre known as grunge and alternative rock. That must be a very good reason for not hearing them on your classic rock station. If you would simply turn to a modern rock station then I'm sure you would hear them.
I cannot believe you didn't know that, you must be a noob.
Now even though they are overrated there is only one song that I like from them. That song would be a cover from a David Bowie song know as "The Man Who Sold the World."


Last time I went there I heard Dashboard Confessional and some other whiny emo bands.*shudder* The Used isn't worth there boring crap. I download all y alternative now, carefully.
I thought they would play Grunge on classic rock because the have the other mellow ballads there.

How exactly are they overrated, if they have excellent lyrics and a wide experimental style that lead to a new genre? I might be a sappy philosopher but I like poetry in my music.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Beatles are mellow. It's a list of mellow bands.



Nitvana didnt make a new genre of music grunge has been around since the early 80's its a ridiculous offshoot of punk music.
and their lyrics arent even mediocre subpar @ best.


Trevor (OP)

9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/06
I leav for 30 minutes and this becomes a nirvana thread.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.