First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply If you could choose between World Peace or more money than Bill Gates...
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
World peace every life form would have to vanish for that to happen. So money is my pick one big jet that has lift-gate so I can use's what ever car that good to use in they place I want to see. My personnel pick would be a dual cab 4x4 pickup that been customized for off road adventures.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/16/15

DesuMaiden wrote:

What good does more money than Bill Gates do? Nothing. I would definitely choose for world peace.


Liaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!

by the way my would be gold.
8077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Playing Joust
Online
Posted 1/16/15
Does world peace mean no conflict whatsoever, because if it did then what if you didn't agree on something and wanted to argue a point?
41557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/16/15 , edited 1/16/15

GodGreatestEver wrote

Are you aware that animals can and have build relationships between vastly differing species (ex. elephant and dog, cat and squirrel)?
Meanwhile, humans still can't get over racial issues within their own species. Perhaps your book failed to mention that humanity has long since been hopeless?
You and others like you are naive: "you smile, completely blind." Talk to someone who's been bullied, abused, and/or discriminated by other humans. Reality actually hits them, physically and emotionally.


Are you aware that animals can and have build relationships between vastly differing species (ex. elephant and dog, cat and squirrel)?

Yes. Growing up on a farm as a child I seen this nearly ever day.
However what you failed to mention is that animals will also kill off there offspring for little to no reason what so ever and also go out of there way to attack other animals for no gain what so ever.

Meanwhile, humans still can't get over racial issues within their own species. Perhaps your book failed to mention that humanity has long since been hopeless?

There is always conflict in nature. However rant states the humen population is doomed because all 7 billion of us do not see eye to eye 100% of the time. That's simply not true, many people care for others and ask nothing in return. We as a whole achieve more and more each day. Not everyone cares and its unfortunate but the whole purpose of this thread was to see if you would accept personal gain over a better quality of life for everyone. All I stated was I would rather see everyone as a whole live in peace. The book was about us as a whole and what we have done to overcome. Your argument is counterintuitive.

You and others like you are naive: "you smile, completely blind." Talk to someone who's been bullied, abused, and/or discriminated by other humans. Reality actually hits them, physically and emotionally.

Only a fool would believe this world is perfect its far from and will never be. However "If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem" Eldridge Cleaver

It appears you are not interested in a solution. You only seem to look down at others condescendingly. You look at everyone you disagree with and judge them as less. You have no right to call me niave.

"If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit." William J. Clinton

What have you done in your life that gives you the right to place yourself ahead of others and look down on everyone? You have done nothing to fix the problem, only address it and look down on others.

You complain and say we are all doomed since we are not perfect. Yet you talk down on others since you don't agree with them.

You are part of the problem and you have done nothing to fix the problem. You complain how its not perfect yet do nothing to help solve the problem.

You are a hypocrite.
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/16/15 , edited 1/16/15

GodGreatestEver wrote:


Scooty-Bby wrote:

Who wants a lambo? I'd go with a flying gunship.
Therefore I can have the money and get world peace.
Two birds with one stone, who says dictatorships are bad ;)


You can't take over the world with a flying gunship. In fact, even if you had the most powerful armed forces in the world, no country is just going to surrender to a young and recent "nobody". Expect anti-air missiles and fighter jets. Just take the money and sit down.
Nice try, though. :lol:


Yeah but I never told you the specifications of my gunship

It could be the size of country, made of Kryptonite and staffed by an army of invincible, mentally unstable Kangaroos
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
Money, then I can donate to charities and stuff and make the civilized world a better place. Then bring scientists and engineers from the UK, US, Germany, all together to build a nuke and drop it in the middle-east. There we go, we now have world peace and I still have a shit load of money left.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
My reward for choosing world peace? If I had to accept it then I'd choose cyan.
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Long Island, NY
Offline
Posted 1/16/15

LosingHope wrote:


GodGreatestEver wrote

Are you aware that animals can and have build relationships between vastly differing species (ex. elephant and dog, cat and squirrel)?
Meanwhile, humans still can't get over racial issues within their own species. Perhaps your book failed to mention that humanity has long since been hopeless?
You and others like you are naive: "you smile, completely blind." Talk to someone who's been bullied, abused, and/or discriminated by other humans. Reality actually hits them, physically and emotionally.


Are you aware that animals can and have build relationships between vastly differing species (ex. elephant and dog, cat and squirrel)?

Yes. Growing up on a farm as a child I seen this nearly ever day.
However what you failed to mention is that animals will also kill off there offspring for little to no reason what so ever and also go out of there way to attack other animals for no gain what so ever.

Meanwhile, humans still can't get over racial issues within their own species. Perhaps your book failed to mention that humanity has long since been hopeless?

There is always conflict in nature. However rant states the humen population is doomed because all 7 billion of us do not see eye to eye 100% of the time. That's simply not true, many people care for others and ask nothing in return. We as a whole achieve more and more each day. Not everyone cares and its unfortunate but the whole purpose of this thread was to see if you would accept personal gain over a better quality of life for everyone. All I stated was I would rather see everyone as a whole live in peace. The book was about us as a whole and what we have done to overcome. Your argument is counterintuitive.

You and others like you are naive: "you smile, completely blind." Talk to someone who's been bullied, abused, and/or discriminated by other humans. Reality actually hits them, physically and emotionally.

Only a fool would believe this world is perfect its far from and will never be. However "If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem" Eldridge Cleaver

It appears you are not interested in a solution. You only seem to look down at others condescendingly. You look at everyone you disagree with and judge them as less. You have no right to call me niave.

"If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit." William J. Clinton

What have you done in your life that gives you the right to place yourself ahead of others and look down on everyone? You have done nothing to fix the problem, only address it and look down on others.

You complain and say we are all doomed since we are not perfect. Yet you talk down on others since you don't agree with them.

You are part of the problem and you have done nothing to fix the problem. You complain how its not perfect yet do nothing to help solve the problem.

You are a hypocrite.


Animals do everything for a reason. Instead of taking the time to pull up quotes that someone-I-could-care-less-about said, you could re-take a biology class. Eliminating weak genes and competition are the top reasons why animals target others and even their own. Don't pull crap with science, like you're trying to do with philosophy.

I have no idea what you're trying to prove in your second paragraph, but ok...? I knew what you were stating already, and I didn't degrade or insult you for your opinion. I was making a observational comment. Here's another one: altruism is an abnormality in nature.

There's a lot of presumptions and guesswork going on in your last part, and I'm not going to waste my time and effort addressing each one. So, here's a few:
>As for enduring adversity, been there and done that. It obviously affects anyone, consciously or subconsciously.
>I don't want to know how hard you had to twist your mind to get the idea that I was being condescending. It's a far-fetched accusation to say I judge people I disagree with as less when I have not once insulted your intelligence or social status. However, I still think, more so now than before, that you are naive--that's a constructive criticism.
>What have I done to fix the problem? I get involved when I see bullying and discrimination, that's what. I've also given two bullies a taste of their own medicine. Really? So you pulled all those quotes just to justify that I'm a hypocrite when I never claimed to be some savior of or embodiment of humanity?

Stop wasting my time--unless you want to call that being condescending too.
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Long Island, NY
Offline
Posted 1/16/15

Scooty-Bby wrote:


GodGreatestEver wrote:


Scooty-Bby wrote:

Who wants a lambo? I'd go with a flying gunship.
Therefore I can have the money and get world peace.
Two birds with one stone, who says dictatorships are bad ;)


You can't take over the world with a flying gunship. In fact, even if you had the most powerful armed forces in the world, no country is just going to surrender to a young and recent "nobody". Expect anti-air missiles and fighter jets. Just take the money and sit down.
Nice try, though. :lol:


Yeah but I never told you the specifications of my gunship

It could be the size of country, made of Kryptonite and staffed by an army of invincible, mentally unstable Kangaroos :D


O_O so OP
Can I be your ?
Qualifications: mad asian skillz, master of camouflage, pro assassin creed gamer, art of pretend-ninjutsu
9760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/15 , edited 1/16/15
Money. I consider "world peace" rather abhorrent, because, as far as I can tell, it goes against nature. I'm not a fan of Lamborghinis, but I'd choose black. I'd much rather a 1010 Bugatti 16 C Galibier, with a black and chrome exterior and brown interior.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/16/15

Phersu wrote:

What color would your Lamborghini be?

I'd pick black.


matte black

batmobile that shit
20792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
id have it covered in anime girls :3
28244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
If anyone's seen Fate/zero then we all know what it would take to achieve world peace. At least it's physically possible to have more money than Bill Gates. If world peace were possible, I'd choose it. At this point, though, I'm not really holding out hope for it.
41557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/16/15 , edited 1/16/15


Animals do everything for a reason. Instead of taking the time to pull up quotes that someone-I-could-care-less-about said, you could re-take a biology class. Eliminating weak genes and competition are the top reasons why animals target others and even their own. Don't pull crap with science, like you're trying to do with philosophy.

I have no idea what you're trying to prove in your second paragraph, but ok...? I knew what you were stating already, and I didn't degrade or insult you for your opinion. I was making a observational comment. Here's another one: altruism is an abnormality in nature.

There's a lot of presumptions and guesswork going on in your last part, and I'm not going to waste my time and effort addressing each one. So, here's a few:
>As for enduring adversity, been there and done that. It obviously affects anyone, consciously or subconsciously.
>I don't want to know how hard you had to twist your mind to get the idea that I was being condescending. It's a far-fetched accusation to say I judge people I disagree with as less when I have not once insulted your intelligence or social status. However, I still think, more so now than before, that you are naive--that's a constructive criticism.
>What have I done to fix the problem? I get involved when I see bullying and discrimination, that's what. I've also given two bullies a taste of their own medicine. Really? So you pulled all those quotes just to justify that I'm a hypocrite when I never claimed to be some savior of or embodiment of humanity?

Stop wasting my time--unless you want to call that being condescending too.


Animals do everything for a reason. Instead of taking the time to pull up quotes that someone-I-could-care-less-about said, you could re-take a biology class. Eliminating weak genes and competition are the top reasons why animals target others and even their own. Don't pull crap with science, like you're trying to do with philosophy

Animals do not have reason. You can not reason with animals. Animals live by instincts, the idea that animals kill off their own young for survival of the fittest is not true. A larger pack of animals should provide far more protection against predictors. Not only that but it goes against all natural instincts to carry on their genes.

Also animals have no reason to target others who are not predators. They have nothing to gain and could ultimately injure themselves.

I have no idea what you're trying to prove in your second paragraph, but ok...? I knew what you were stating already, and I didn't degrade or insult you for your opinion. I was making a observational comment. Here's another one: altruism is an abnormality in nature.

You assume that the animals act in a altruism nature. That doesn't make it true, animals are not capable or reason. Any and all actions are done for a reason that benefits the animal. Every action taken by animals is bent on somehow benefiting that animal in some way. Any hypothetical situation can prove that altruism does not exist in this world, based on the fact that nothing in this world is done without a motive.

It is very clear you are condescending, I could care less tho. Simply pointed it out since you took the time to quote me and call me naive. I don't care about being considered naive but if your going to insult someone at least make sure you hide your narcissist adittude. How you approach and speak to people is blatantly obvious you have no intrest validating your argument but to simply insult and discredit someones since you simply do not agree.
8390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
Where's the "fun" and "adventure" in world peace? I'd choose the money. There needs to be conflict in this world or it will become tedious. Also, I'd like to know how this "world peace" would be achieved. Would it silence free thought and free speech? Or would it just stop wars?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.