First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is it that people think gun ownership means you're either stupid or a redneck?
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


What about those who own them for protection or those who fear for their lives? (High robbery areas, people who have stalkers or dangerous ex's, etc..)
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15

Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


Is it that hard to imagine a scenario where a gun might be useful?
47427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

flipmane wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


What about those who own them for protection or those who fear for their lives? (High robbery areas, people who have stalkers or dangerous ex's, etc..)


Who would need a gun if they live a normal life? i am sure that its a very small percentage of people who would need it for that reason.
It would be even smaller if the people that would threaten you would not have such an easy time getting weapons themselves.
The weapons available will determine the weapons used for crime.
For example you could shoot your stalker with a stun gun but a stun gun would of course be a poor choice if there is a high probability that your stalker owns a real gun since its easy to obtain one.
47427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


Is it that hard to imagine a scenario where a gun might be useful?


No not at all a gun proved useful to me in several situations they all occurred during my Military time tho.
In a normal everyday situation a gun is not useful at all it could even complicate things.
Lets say i do get robbed the robber only wanted my stuff but now he sees my gun panics and it escalates.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
For me all the gun control advocates want to ban guns but that will only work on law abiding citizens. Now if there was a way to disarm the thugs, gang bangers, and the real people who shouldn't own guns in the first place then you will have a supporter out of me but we all know that not possible. Instead of banning guns do away with criminals ex increase the death penalty for violent crimes but I see liberals auguring more about the feelings of criminals than the victims.
I hate hearing excuses such as these
"well he had a bad childhood ,no guidance, was hop up on drugs so that shouldn't count against him, he needs help

My way to limit crime
If you commit murder with or without a weapon ex "barehands"- death penalty no plea deals
If you commit a crime cant buy a gun although I believe that already a law

What I want to hear are solutions that will impact crime if you ban guns only those who follow the law will obey
Remember crime increase when they banned alcohol- look up prohibition era in America

Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/19/15

Doomedfox wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


Is it that hard to imagine a scenario where a gun might be useful?


No not at all a gun proved useful to me in several situations they all occurred during my Military time tho.
In a normal everyday situation a gun is not useful at all it could even complicate things.
Lets say i do get robbed the robber only wanted my stuff but now he sees my gun panics and it escalates.

It would probably have escalated anyway if he saw only you. What's he going to do, ignore you while he ransacks the place? Let say he was armed. He'll just pull out his gun and shoot you. Let say he wasn't. He runs away. Now lets say you were armed. The results would be similar, shoots you if he had a gun, flees if he came unarmed.

The problem comes in "Do you really want to bet your life on the fact that he might have came unarmed?"


11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

Doomedfox wrote:


flipmane wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


What about those who own them for protection or those who fear for their lives? (High robbery areas, people who have stalkers or dangerous ex's, etc..)


Who would need a gun if they live a normal life? i am sure that its a very small percentage of people who would need it for that reason.
It would be even smaller if the people that would threaten you would not have such an easy time getting weapons themselves.
The weapons available will determine the weapons used for crime.
For example you could shoot your stalker with a stun gun but a stun gun would of course be a poor choice if there is a high probability that your stalker owns a real gun since its easy to obtain one.


There are plenty of people who live normal lives, but every scenario is different. In my experience, having one and not needing it is better than not having one and needing it.
If your stalker (in this situation) has a high probability to bring one with him, wouldn't it be smart to be prepared and do the same?

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I appreciate your opinion.
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

J-POP187 wrote:

For me all the gun control advocates want to ban guns but that will only work on law abiding citizens. Now if there was a way to disarm the thugs, gang bangers, and the real people who shouldn't own guns in the first place then you will have a supporter out of me but we all know that not possible. Instead of banning guns do away with criminals ex increase the death penalty for violent crimes but I see liberals auguring more about the feelings of criminals than the victims.
I hate hearing excuses such as these
"well he had a bad childhood ,no guidance, was hop up on drugs so that shouldn't count against him, he needs help

My way to limit crime
If you commit murder with or without a weapon ex "barehands"- death penalty no plea deals
If you commit a crime cant buy a gun although I believe that already a law

What I want to hear are solutions that will impact crime if you ban guns only those who follow the law will obey
Remember crime increase when they banned alcohol- look up prohibition era in America



" I see liberals auguring more about the feelings of criminals than the victims."
"well he had a bad childhood ,no guidance, was hop up on drugs so that shouldn't count against him, he needs help"

Isn't it shitty though?
11008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
Everyone always looks at the statistics for guns for their argument against guns. It seems like that would make sense right? However; when you take a gun away from someone, they are just going to grab a knife, club or use their bare hands. Look at the violent crime rates in countries with strict gun laws and compare those as well.
47427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


Is it that hard to imagine a scenario where a gun might be useful?


No not at all a gun proved useful to me in several situations they all occurred during my Military time tho.
In a normal everyday situation a gun is not useful at all it could even complicate things.
Lets say i do get robbed the robber only wanted my stuff but now he sees my gun panics and it escalates.

It would probably have escalated anyway if he saw only you. What's he going to do, ignore you while he ransacks the place? Let say he was armed. He'll just pull out his gun and shoot you. Let say he wasn't. He runs away. Now lets say you were armed. The results would be similar, shoots you if he had a gun, flees if he came unarmed.

The problem comes in "Do you really want to bet your life on the fact that he might have came unarmed?"




Exactly my point in a country where its hard to get weapons the common robber will not have a gun and flee.
So your point is valid but only in a country that makes it easy to get guns.
I also think that some of you might watch to much TV just because you are a Robber does not make you a killer however if threatened by a gun he certainly will be willing to kill to save his own life.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

flipmane wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

For me all the gun control advocates want to ban guns but that will only work on law abiding citizens. Now if there was a way to disarm the thugs, gang bangers, and the real people who shouldn't own guns in the first place then you will have a supporter out of me but we all know that not possible. Instead of banning guns do away with criminals ex increase the death penalty for violent crimes but I see liberals auguring more about the feelings of criminals than the victims.
I hate hearing excuses such as these
"well he had a bad childhood ,no guidance, was hop up on drugs so that shouldn't count against him, he needs help

My way to limit crime
If you commit murder with or without a weapon ex "barehands"- death penalty no plea deals
If you commit a crime cant buy a gun although I believe that already a law

What I want to hear are solutions that will impact crime if you ban guns only those who follow the law will obey
Remember crime increase when they banned alcohol- look up prohibition era in America



" I see liberals auguring more about the feelings of criminals than the victims."
"well he had a bad childhood ,no guidance, was hop up on drugs so that shouldn't count against him, he needs help"

Isn't it shitty though?


Yup when I live in Dallas I was dirt poor not once did I consider robbing someone. I ending up working two jobs to make ends meet lived on dollar menus and still went to collage was it easy no but it made me appreciate what I have.

I need to look this up but a few years back I remember reading a story about a homeless man that killed a women he got off on a technicality because the cop went into his box that was consider his home without a search warrant. So even through they found a knife it was not allowed to be used in court and they ended up with letting him go. Anyone else remembers this the only thing I could remember was it happened in New York
47427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

flipmane wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:


flipmane wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


What about those who own them for protection or those who fear for their lives? (High robbery areas, people who have stalkers or dangerous ex's, etc..)


Who would need a gun if they live a normal life? i am sure that its a very small percentage of people who would need it for that reason.
It would be even smaller if the people that would threaten you would not have such an easy time getting weapons themselves.
The weapons available will determine the weapons used for crime.
For example you could shoot your stalker with a stun gun but a stun gun would of course be a poor choice if there is a high probability that your stalker owns a real gun since its easy to obtain one.


There are plenty of people who live normal lives, but every scenario is different. In my experience, having one and not needing it is better than not having one and needing it.
If your stalker (in this situation) has a high probability to bring one with him, wouldn't it be smart to be prepared and do the same?

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I appreciate your opinion.


Yes of course it would be smart but there would only be the high probability in a country that makes it easy to get guns so the right to get guns is the problem.
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15

Doomedfox wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I never thought that all pro gun people would be stupid Rednecks but i do admit that i believe that they all are at the very least short sighted.
People believing that owning and using a deadly weapon is for the best of safety and preventing crime just can not be thinking all too much.


Is it that hard to imagine a scenario where a gun might be useful?


No not at all a gun proved useful to me in several situations they all occurred during my Military time tho.
In a normal everyday situation a gun is not useful at all it could even complicate things.
Lets say i do get robbed the robber only wanted my stuff but now he sees my gun panics and it escalates.

It would probably have escalated anyway if he saw only you. What's he going to do, ignore you while he ransacks the place? Let say he was armed. He'll just pull out his gun and shoot you. Let say he wasn't. He runs away. Now lets say you were armed. The results would be similar, shoots you if he had a gun, flees if he came unarmed.

The problem comes in "Do you really want to bet your life on the fact that he might have came unarmed?"




Exactly my point in a country where its hard to get weapons the common robber will not have a gun and flee.
So your point is valid but only in a country that makes it easy to get guns.
I also think that some of you might watch to much TV just because you are a Robber does not make you a killer however if threatened by a gun he certainly will be willing to kill to save his own life.


Valid point, but I don't want to stake my life on the chance that he isn't the killing type, but in the end it's a personal preference.


82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/19/15
Criminals and Islamic terrorists fully support strict gun laws (even the police in France have been disarmed - worked out well, didn't it?) ...makes their job of butchering people much easier! In Israel off duty soldiers are required to carry their firearms at all times; Jerusalem is actually one of the safest cities in the world.
Posted 1/18/15

flipmane wrote:

That isn't a redneck. That's a person with a fabulous fashion sense.


Ahaha xD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.