First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Stereotypes that get on your nerves.
Posted 1/18/15
Okay... Coming from the South, I hear lots of stereotypes about us. "Hey... I heard you're from Louisiana... Are you a redneck? Do you like crawfish? You know Cajuns are nothing but white-trash, right? Are you finished eating your alligator? Do you eat road-kill? Do you eat possum? What about armadillo? Did you live on a farm? Well, what about in a swamp? What's your IQ? Do you hate gays? What about black people? Asians? Mexicans? Show me your teeth. Do you take a bath everyday? Do you have a farmers tan? Do you hunt? What about fishing? WOW! You have shoes! I'm amazed! Do you own a gun? Did you live in a trailer park? " And many MANY more. Jeez. I don't know what your problem is, but god, we're not all like that.

Other stereotypes:

Being white translates into being racist.

Being straight translates into being homophobic.

Loving anime translates into either being a pervert or a weeaboo.

(According to the internet) Being a girl translates into being dumb and knowing how to cook very well.

Anime translates into one of the three: Cartoons, Kid's cartoons, or porn.

Being a homestuck fan translates into being annoying.

Liking Tumblr also translates into being annoying.

No instagram? Well, then you're not cool.

Having ADD translates into being stupid and zoning out often.

Want to learn Japanese because of anime? Well, then you must be a weeaboo!

Cats are evil... For some reason.

Disney movies are for little kids.

So is Pokemon.

Add Nintendo games to that list too.

All people who like rock music are goth/emo/punk.

Hetalia fans only like it for the yaoi shippings.

All gays like girl things, or vice versa.

That's about all the stereotypes I could think of.

So what are some stereotypes that get on your nerves?
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15
The tumblr stereotype is true. Everyone is an annoying SJW who are all still in school and below the age of 18.

Anyways, one stereotype I hate is that if you're Hispanic/Latina you all have dark hair, brown eyes, are super tan and have a spanish accent and have an attitude.

Or when you say you're Hispanic everyone assumes you're Mexican.

As someone who is Hispanic, I've been told multiple times (on the internet but mostly tumblr) that I can't be Hispanic because I look white and act white. Like you want me to be like my crazy aunt and be loud/obnoxious and curse at you in Spanish??? I hate that stereotype.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
All of those are true.
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15
'All men are the same'
'men all think with their smaller head'
'you're from texas? you like football and live on a ranch?'
'all guys like sports'



On the flip side:
I love saying that all girls are bad drivers. (b/c its true..)
'all asians are short'
'if you own a big vehicle and are single, you're compensating'
48449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15
I hate it when people think that all Mexicans are ignorant uneducated people.
Not all of us wear boots and have 5+ kids.
Posted 1/18/15
Nooo, stop contaminating my mind OP.
11660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
I hate how people think that I'm a white girl because I get Starbucks and use Instagram. #SoAnnoying #ImHelluhAsian

But one stereotype that's true for the West side of America is that we say "hecka" or "hella."
Posted 1/18/15

Dropplet wrote:

The tumblr stereotype is true. Everyone is an annoying SJW who are all still in school and below the age of 18.

Anyways, one stereotype I hate is that if you're Hispanic/Latina you all have dark hair, brown eyes, are super tan and have a spanish accent and have an attitude.

Or when you say you're Hispanic everyone assumes you're Mexican.

As someone who is Hispanic, I've been told multiple times (on the internet but mostly tumblr) that I can't be Hispanic because I look white and act white. Like you want me to be like my crazy aunt and be loud/obnoxious and curse at you in Spanish??? I hate that stereotype.


I won't say the Social Justice Warriors thing isn't true... Because it is. But there are parts of Tumblr that are still good. I just like it because it's fun to reblog things I like (not the SJW stuff though. I usually just ignore it.). Like my blog right now consists of funny pictures and random fandom-related stuff. None of the SJW stuff.
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

MissMagicNoodles wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

The tumblr stereotype is true. Everyone is an annoying SJW who are all still in school and below the age of 18.

Anyways, one stereotype I hate is that if you're Hispanic/Latina you all have dark hair, brown eyes, are super tan and have a spanish accent and have an attitude.

Or when you say you're Hispanic everyone assumes you're Mexican.

As someone who is Hispanic, I've been told multiple times (on the internet but mostly tumblr) that I can't be Hispanic because I look white and act white. Like you want me to be like my crazy aunt and be loud/obnoxious and curse at you in Spanish??? I hate that stereotype.


I won't say the Social Justice Warriors thing isn't true... Because it is. But there are parts of Tumblr that are still good. I just like it because it's fun to reblog things I like (not the SJW stuff though. I usually just ignore it.). Like my blog right now consists of funny pictures and random fandom-related stuff. None of the SJW stuff.


I'm a big tumblrer(?) too. I reblog cute things and anime. Like yes I know there are people who aren't like that but almost every corner I turn on tumblr is about SJ.
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/15

Kingzoro02 wrote:

'All men are the same'
'men all think with their smaller head'
'you're from texas? you like football and live on a ranch?'
'all guys like sports'



On the flip side:
I love saying that all girls are bad drivers. (b/c its true..)
'all asians are short'
'if you own a big vehicle and are single, you're compensating'


"All girls are bad drivers'
'All asians are short"
"if you own a big vehicle and single, you're compensating'


On the flip side:
I love saying that all men think with their smaller head (b/c its true...)
'all men are the same'
'you're from texas? you like football and live on a ranch?'
'all guys like sports'


hmmmm....
Posted 1/18/15

MissMagicNoodles wrote:

Okay... Coming from the South, I hear lots of stereotypes about us. "Hey... I heard you're from Louisiana... Are you a redneck? Do you like crawfish? You know Cajuns are nothing but white-trash, right? Are you finished eating your alligator? Do you eat road-kill? Do you eat possum? What about armadillo? Did you live on a farm? Well, what about in a swamp? What's your IQ? Do you hate gays? What about black people? Asians? Mexicans? Show me your teeth. Do you take a bath everyday? Do you have a farmers tan? Do you hunt? What about fishing? WOW! You have shoes! I'm amazed! Do you own a gun? Did you live in a trailer park? " And many MANY more. Jeez. I don't know what your problem is, but god, we're not all like that.

Other stereotypes:

Being white translates into being racist.

Being straight translates into being homophobic.

Loving anime translates into either being a pervert or a weeaboo.

(According to the internet) Being a girl translates into being dumb and knowing how to cook very well.

Anime translates into one of the three: Cartoons, Kid's cartoons, or porn.

Being a homestuck fan translates into being annoying.

Liking Tumblr also translates into being annoying.

No instagram? Well, then you're not cool.

Having ADD translates into being stupid and zoning out often.

Want to learn Japanese because of anime? Well, then you must be a weeaboo!

Cats are evil... For some reason.

Disney movies are for little kids.

So is Pokemon.

Add Nintendo games to that list too.

All people who like rock music are goth/emo/punk.

Hetalia fans only like it for the yaoi shippings.

All gays like girl things, or vice versa.

That's about all the stereotypes I could think of.

So what are some stereotypes that get on your nerves?


Nice list, did you get that off the internet? It's nobody's fault people are the way that they are; you just have to move on with your life.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
White people only go to Publix and Whole Foods Market.

Gah. >_<
257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
I have some weird stereotypes that people say about me throughout my life:

1. Since I am African American, many people would say I play basketball or football all the time. (No. I play soccer all the time)
2. Speaking of soccer, some people believed that I am from a different country (Africa, Brazil, Jamaica, and Germany) since I talk differently than an average Southerner and I play soccer all the time.
3. Since I talk "proper" than an average African-American my age in the South, some people said "Man, you talk like a white person." (What the heck does that mean)
4. I am learning Japanese to study abroad in Japan when I go to college, and I am a part of a Korean club and Chinese Club in my high school. Many of my schoolmates believe that I do that stuff just to be with the Asian girls. (That is flat-out NO) (Well, 10% of it is kinda true).
5. Finally, Almost everyone said I am not interacting with my schoolmates outside of school. (I live in the suburbs and they live in the city. Of course I cannot talk to them.)

Even though those stereotypes are not weird to other people, but to me...my goodness.
4502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 1/18/15 , edited 1/18/15
I find all stereo typing annoying.
Posted 1/18/15

symphonicecho wrote:


MissMagicNoodles wrote:

Okay... Coming from the South, I hear lots of stereotypes about us. "Hey... I heard you're from Louisiana... Are you a redneck? Do you like crawfish? You know Cajuns are nothing but white-trash, right? Are you finished eating your alligator? Do you eat road-kill? Do you eat possum? What about armadillo? Did you live on a farm? Well, what about in a swamp? What's your IQ? Do you hate gays? What about black people? Asians? Mexicans? Show me your teeth. Do you take a bath everyday? Do you have a farmers tan? Do you hunt? What about fishing? WOW! You have shoes! I'm amazed! Do you own a gun? Did you live in a trailer park? " And many MANY more. Jeez. I don't know what your problem is, but god, we're not all like that.

Other stereotypes:

Being white translates into being racist.

Being straight translates into being homophobic.

Loving anime translates into either being a pervert or a weeaboo.

(According to the internet) Being a girl translates into being dumb and knowing how to cook very well.

Anime translates into one of the three: Cartoons, Kid's cartoons, or porn.

Being a homestuck fan translates into being annoying.

Liking Tumblr also translates into being annoying.

No instagram? Well, then you're not cool.

Having ADD translates into being stupid and zoning out often.

Want to learn Japanese because of anime? Well, then you must be a weeaboo!

Cats are evil... For some reason.

Disney movies are for little kids.

So is Pokemon.

Add Nintendo games to that list too.

All people who like rock music are goth/emo/punk.

Hetalia fans only like it for the yaoi shippings.

All gays like girl things, or vice versa.

That's about all the stereotypes I could think of.

So what are some stereotypes that get on your nerves?


Nice list, did you get that off the internet? It's nobody's fault people are the way that they are; you just have to move on with your life.


That was kind of rude. I did not get it off the internet. I'm sorry if my posts came off as ranting or complaining, because that's not what I meant for them to be. I'm just very sensitive and very easily offended, so some things can't really get off without a response.So again, I'm very sorry if I bothered you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.