First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Do you want a season 3 of Free!? (and other random Free! polls)
Posted 1/19/15
Free! polls made for Free! fans by a Free! fan sponsored by Crunchyroll. Because I'm worth it.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~Let the polls begin*~*~*~*~*~*~

___________________

Poll #2: Which Free! Season did you like better?


Poll #3: Best Free! couple?


Poll #4: Free! guy with the best body?


Poll #5: HaruMako or HaruRin?


Poll #6: What's your favourite HaruxMako moment? (Choices explained under poll)


HaruxMako moments:

First Lovers' Quarrel (Makoto insists upon Haruka to try and find his goal, Haruka becomes stubborn and replied, "You can't find a dream just by looking for one", Makoto confesses he's going to go to a university in Tokyo, Haruka feels betrayed by this decision... and runs off)

It was my first lovers' quarrel (Haruka feels depressed about fighting with Makoto as it was his first fight with his BFF).

Haru, can you bring me a towel? (Makoto nonchalantly asking for a towel............ *nosebleeds*)

Makoto assisting Haru out of a bath tub (The closeness of their friendship can be signified by Makoto going into Haru's bathroom nonchalantly)...


Poll #7: What's your favourite HaruxRin moment? (Choices explained under poll)


Fight in the locker room (This is the scene where Rin was mad at Haru for stopping in the middle of his swim, and Haru became mad at Rin for not understanding how he feels and that he doesn't swim for records)



Ended up on the same bed... (due to these boys having girly names, the hotel receptionist thought they were a couple... and booked a single bed bedroom for them)



The beach scene (When Haru and Makoto fought for the first time, it left Haruka in a depressed state. Rin tried to cheer Haru up by bringing him to a beach front... there they had passionate romantic bromance conversations)



Rival Racing (Throughout the series, the Rin and Haruka constantly raced one another that only made the bromance bond between them even stronger, even Makoto was envious of their rivalry at one point and asked Haruka to race him seriously in the Regional Swimming Tournament)





Any questions or comments? Thanks for voting :D
11641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15
I love Free! so much The OVA comes out in Japan this month
5240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/18/15
If it does come out, then that's fine too.
323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/18/15 , edited 3/20/15
Its just fit guys swimming so I don't really care. If anyone wants to convince me that its not just that than feel. Just let it be known that I'm not really a fan of half naked, wet guys.
Posted 3/18/15
Still waiting on that lacrosse anime
Posted 3/19/15

User256 wrote:

Its just fit guys swimming so I don't really care. If anyone wants to convince me that its not just that than feel. Just let it be known that I'm not really a fan of half naked, wet guys.


that's like saying you won't go to the beach because of half naked wet guys :-/ or that you can't like the beach because of that...

the story is more than just the naked guys and obvious homoerotic undertones.

the first season focused on this rivalry between two former friends, and how they needed a third party to heal that broken bond. the second season was focused on the toughness of high school life, and how to juggle family problems with club activities, and the breakdown in friendship for the swim club...


Other than the serious storylines, there are a lot of humorous situations and dialogues...



KyotoTofu wrote:

Still waiting on that lacrosse anime


if it's as funny as Free!, I would definitely watch it... even though I find lacrosse to be an incredibly boring sport to play
Posted 3/19/15
Yea it can get a bit dull if your playing at pro or good college league level, due to the skill involved they just don't get much action.

I used to play for a club league indoors which was really lax on the rules, smaller field and a hell a lot more fun than outdoor was.

I've seen like 3 anime that have a passing scene with girls holding lacrosse sticks but never see any of the guys or whatever. I guess its just not popular enough to get its own anime. Maybe someday lol.
Posted 3/19/15


11641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 3/19/15


Omg MakoHaru OTP.
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15

KyotoTofu wrote:

Yea it can get a bit dull if your playing at pro or good college league level, due to the skill involved they just don't get much action.

I used to play for a club league indoors which was really lax on the rules, smaller field and a hell a lot more fun than outdoor was.

I've seen like 3 anime that have a passing scene with girls holding lacrosse sticks but never see any of the guys or whatever. I guess its just not popular enough to get its own anime. Maybe someday lol.


would never have guessed someone here actually played lacrosse...

oops...
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/20/15
Its just fit guys swimming so I don't really care
Posted 3/19/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KyotoTofu wrote:

Yea it can get a bit dull if your playing at pro or good college league level, due to the skill involved they just don't get much action.

I used to play for a club league indoors which was really lax on the rules, smaller field and a hell a lot more fun than outdoor was.

I've seen like 3 anime that have a passing scene with girls holding lacrosse sticks but never see any of the guys or whatever. I guess its just not popular enough to get its own anime. Maybe someday lol.


would never have guessed someone here actually played lacrosse...

oops...


No worries, it really doesn't bother me.
323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/22/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


User256 wrote:

Its just fit guys swimming so I don't really care. If anyone wants to convince me that its not just that than feel. Just let it be known that I'm not really a fan of half naked, wet guys.


that's like saying you won't go to the beach because of half naked wet guys :-/ or that you can't like the beach because of that...

the story is more than just the naked guys and obvious homoerotic undertones.

the first season focused on this rivalry between two former friends, and how they needed a third party to heal that broken bond. the second season was focused on the toughness of high school life, and how to juggle family problems with club activities, and the breakdown in friendship for the swim club...


Other than the serious storylines, there are a lot of humorous situations and dialogues...


Well I did watch it a couple episodes with my sister and it was actually really funny. My only problem was that the show seemed to focus too much on fan service so I didn't like to much and it honestly felt a bit embarrassing to watch it. Still I've changed in the last two years so it shouldn't bother me at this point and if you say that the show has more substance than that then it shouldn't be a problem anyway. I guess I'll just take your word and give Free! another chance. Besides if its as dramatic as you say then it could be my "tissue" anime for the time being.

Now the only problem is people coming into my room. I already have one anime I can't let people know I watch (SAO II) so having to hide another one will be a bit of a challenge.

39137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 3/22/15
I'm somewhere between "yes" and "I don't care" camp. I watched the first two seasons with my significant other, and I enjoyed them. First season was mostly an awkward "fun garbage" ordeal--we enjoyed it, but whether or not I'd actually call it good is another story. Second season was solid, mostly because it improved on the first season in almost every way then one. But in the end, it's a I can "take it or leave it" deal--if it happens, yeah, I'll watch it; if it doesn't happen, oh well, can't say I would mine.

As for the other polls.

- Preferred season 2; just seemed better written all around.
- Regisa is probably my favorite shipping, but Haruka x Makoto is up there.
- Makoto has best body.
- HaruMako>HaruRin. Rin was mostly a jerk in season 1, and it wasn't until season 2 were there many feels.
- Best HaruMako moment was towel. It was so random and funny and just seemed like blantant teasing but I loved it
- HaruRin's best moment was sharing a bed, mostly for the same reason.

Posted 3/23/15

User256 wrote:
Well I did watch it a couple episodes with my sister and it was actually really funny. My only problem was that the show seemed to focus too much on fan service so I didn't like to much and it honestly felt a bit embarrassing to watch it. Still I've changed in the last two years so it shouldn't bother me at this point and if you say that the show has more substance than that then it shouldn't be a problem anyway. I guess I'll just take your word and give Free! another chance. Besides if its as dramatic as you say then it could be my "tissue" anime for the time being.

Now the only problem is people coming into my room. I already have one anime I can't let people know I watch (SAO II) so having to hide another one will be a bit of a challenge.



i liked it because i can sort of relate to it. it really depends on your life experiences... not everyone is going to be able to relate to it.
it's dramatic, but not in a sad way. it's more like... "i didn't expect this character to act like this" kind of thing. and mostly if you get into the storyline, you feel inspired by some things they do or something....... like that.




First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.