First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Bragging.
27498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 1/24/15
I dislike braggers.
Sogno- 
45726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/15
i never brag because i'm so humble
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15


I have earned my bragging. Just cuz others haven't doesnt mean i will not brag because of their lack of accomplishment. But i don't brag unless provoked.
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Online
Posted 1/24/15
Hey, if it is relevant I'm going to do it. I have and I will keep doing it. With that out of the way I will also say that I never do it in a one-up sort of fashion. I'm not going to put another down just for the sake of demonstrating superiority. When the focus is on me (or an open opportunity to speak my mind common to this forum) I'm not going to sell myself short.

There is a time and place for everything. (expect inhumane atrocities, stop that)
Posted 1/24/15
I don't like bragging, especially on social media. It's considered very rude and immature to me. I don't need to know about your new $1,000 IPhone and kissing your boyfriend again for the 100th time!
Posted 1/24/15 , edited 1/24/15

Shishiku wrote:



I have earned my bragging. Just cuz others haven't doesnt mean i will not brag because of their lack of accomplishment. But i don't brag unless provoked.


It doesn't have to do with accomplishments so much as it has to do with vanity. A person who hasn't accomplished anything can brag about their cup size. If someone wants to know your Alma Mater they'll ask. Humility is more graceful than showing off.


haileychi wrote:

I don't like bragging, especially on social media. It's considered very rude and immature to me. I don't need to know about your new $1,000 IPhone and kissing your boyfriend again for the 100th time!


This. I recall how somebody bragged about their broadband; c'mon it sounds very childish to me. Guys are the worst with tech gadgets.They never shut up.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15 , edited 1/24/15

I don't care about vanity. If you are concerned about vanity it is because you haven't made it. When you spend your years trying to be better than the majority of those around you it isn't much to proclaim what you have accomplished; especially when the people under you think they are on your level. only 8% of the nation has a master's degree yet i have one. I find that something to brag about. & 1000 dollars is chump change to me. I make 5x that in a week, and yes, i dont care to brag about it or flaunt it. I worked hard to get here & most people will never reach my level, and im only 24. I agree if someone thinks thats all that is relevant to life, but I dont think that way. I realize there is more than a singular definition for success...but im still proud of what i have accomplished
Posted 1/24/15

Shishiku wrote:


I don't care about vanity. If you are concerned about vanity it is because you haven't made it. When you spend your years trying to be better than the majority of those around you it isn't much to proclaim what you have accomplished; especially when the people under you think they are on your level. only 8% of the nation has a master's degree yet i have one. I find that something to brag about. & 1000 dollars is chump change to me. I make 5x that in a week, and yes, i dont care to brag about it or flaunt it. I worked hard to get here & most people will never reach my level, and im only 24.


And when you get in a car wreck they'll forget you. You're nothing special; for all you know I have a masters. It bothers everybody to hear some douchebag talk about his conquests. Don't assume you know anything about me cuz you don't.
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 1/24/15

symphonicecho wrote:


Shishiku wrote:


I don't care about vanity. If you are concerned about vanity it is because you haven't made it. When you spend your years trying to be better than the majority of those around you it isn't much to proclaim what you have accomplished; especially when the people under you think they are on your level. only 8% of the nation has a master's degree yet i have one. I find that something to brag about. & 1000 dollars is chump change to me. I make 5x that in a week, and yes, i dont care to brag about it or flaunt it. I worked hard to get here & most people will never reach my level, and im only 24.


And when you get in a car wreck they'll forget you. You're nothing special; for all you know I have a masters. It bothers everybody to hear some douchebag talk about his conquests. Don't assume you know anything about me cuz you don't.


Well you can BE special (in your own eyes), you just shouldn't EXPRESS that your special to people around you.

That's the difference between optimistic and egoistic!
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15


11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15
at the end of the day. I can tell who has the education and who doesn't. It isnt hard to figure out. If you have been in a graduate program you will know who is legit and who isnt. most of these people on this forum are nerds who are social outcasts who will never make it to the platform Im speaking of. And i refuse to apologize or act like it matters to me.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15


Conquests? really, what have you conquered in your lifetime of education? I don't care if youve done more or less than me, because we arent the same. Anything you have done is on you, and i applaud that accomplishment because we arent the same. I dont judge based off my own opportunities
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/24/15


Egotism is irrelevant if it holds firm.

6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 1/24/15 , edited 1/24/15

Shishiku wrote:



Egotism is irrelevant if it holds firm.



Even if it holds firm, if you make a big deal about it, your being selfish because your commending yourself to a degree that is "not okay"

If we already know that you did something extraordinary, we don't need to be reminded about it constantly. Just saying
Dragon
58357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 1/26/15
Closed by OP request
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.