First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why is Incest Wrong?
25127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 2/21/15
Incest is wrong because of a couple of reasons.

One, because society tells us it is wrong. It's cop out but it is what it is. We're all taught that you shouldn't be with people of the same blood no matter what so it's ingrained in us to feel disgust even thinking about it.

Two, because of the increase in likelihood of birth defects. One of our prime directives as a species is to repopulate the earth and in order to do that you have to have healthy babies that can continue the cycle. If you keep staying within the bloodline in order to have babies, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll ruin that bloodline and nobody wants that.

Three, because family is family. Family is the people that you're supposed to love no matter what(not like, because not everyone likes their family >.>). If you start adding sex and those feelings into the mix, you run the chance of ruining those relationships down the line and only being able to think on them with hurt feelings and possibly hate. It's not worth it.

That's my two cents anyways.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 1/19/15
It's wrong because society deems it wrong. That's it. If you don't think it's wrong, then it simply isn't. Though, that doesn't mean you should go out in public and shout "I love incest and bonk my dad/mom/brother/sister/cousin/whatever on a daily basis". Well, I mean you could, but I would advise against it.

As for why people shouldn't do it... higher risk of birth defects, as already mentioned.

Oh, and I forgot to mention any potential psychological problems/scars it could cause to any/all parties involved.
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 5/14/15

devouringdragons wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


devouringdragons wrote:

It's morally wrong.


Subjective. The best we can do is determine the harm which is causes society. Legalizing murder is wrong because of the effect it would have on society. But what about incest? What problems could it cause. 25 years ago someone would've said being gay was a mental disorder. Now incest is wrong just because it doesn't fit with your taste?


Then do go on and tell me what is right about insect. They share the same father and mother, as siblings they are supposed to love each other in a 'brotherly' or 'sisterly' way and nothing more in my opinion. If it does get accepted into society then let's say that in 25 years time insect was the 'norm' and people had relationships with their siblings; firstly there is the birth deficiency argument, but my greatest concern is that if incest is right then people may as well have relationships with their parents or even pets because it's 'love' and "love has no boundaries" but boundaries have to be put in place to stop anarchy. Social boundaries are needed and I think incest is socially unacceptable.


Ummm you are wrong. In 25 years there will be better genetic medicine. Two Just because is allow does't mean people suddenly are going to want sex with one of their family member.
30331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 5/14/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Why is incest wrong?




It just is.

1042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 9/14/15
Genetics aside, you have the risk of parents grooming their children for an incestual relationship when the child reaches legal age.
Posted 1/19/15

devouringdragons wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


devouringdragons wrote:

It's morally wrong.


Subjective. The best we can do is determine the harm which is causes society. Legalizing murder is wrong because of the effect it would have on society. But what about incest? What problems could it cause. 25 years ago someone would've said being gay was a mental disorder. Now incest is wrong just because it doesn't fit with your taste?


Then do go on and tell me what is right about insect. They share the same father and mother, as siblings they are supposed to love each other in a 'brotherly' or 'sisterly' way and nothing more in my opinion. If it does get accepted into society then let's say that in 25 years time insect was the 'norm' and people had relationships with their siblings; firstly there is the birth deficiency argument, but my greatest concern is that if incest is right then people may as well have relationships with their parents or even pets because it's 'love' and "love has no boundaries" but boundaries have to be put in place to stop anarchy. Social boundaries are needed and I think incest is socially unacceptable.


I don't need to justify it, you on the other hand need to justify why it is wrong. And slippery slope argument? Don't make me laugh. Why would we even descend into anarchy for allowing people to commit incest? Bestiality is wrong because it tortures the poor animal, but incest? Between two consenting adults? What's wrong with it?
13639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NekoLand
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 5/14/15

Colasice wrote:

Incest is wrong because of a couple of reasons.

One, because society tells us it is wrong. It's cop out but it is what it is. We're all taught that you shouldn't be with people of the same blood no matter what so it's ingrained in us to feel disgust even thinking about it.

Two, because of the increase in likelihood of birth defects. One of our prime directives as a species is to repopulate the earth and in order to do that you have to have healthy babies that can continue the cycle. If you keep staying within the bloodline in order to have babies, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll ruin that bloodline and nobody wants that.

Three, because family is family. Family is the people that you're supposed to love no matter what(not like, because not everyone likes their family >.>). If you start adding sex and those feelings into the mix, you run the chance of ruining those relationships down the line and only being able to think on them with hurt feelings and possibly hate. It's not worth it.

That's my two cents anyways.


...

1. That isn't a reason.

2. So should we stop people with heart defects, high likelihoods of cancer, blindness or loss of other senses, etc. from having children?

3. Again, not a reason. People ruin relationships all the time, it's their fault if they want to take the risk for something bigger than what they have.
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 5/14/15

4Corvus wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Why is incest wrong?




It just is.



Circular reasoning.
4056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 2/5/15

Colasice wrote:

Incest is wrong because of a couple of reasons.

One, because society tells us it is wrong. It's cop out but it is what it is. We're all taught that you shouldn't be with people of the same blood no matter what so it's ingrained in us to feel disgust even thinking about it.

Two, because of the increase in likelihood of birth defects. One of our prime directives as a species is to repopulate the earth and in order to do that you have to have healthy babies that can continue the cycle. If you keep staying within the bloodline in order to have babies, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll ruin that bloodline and nobody wants that.

Three, because family is family. Family is the people that you're supposed to love no matter what(not like, because not everyone likes their family >.>). If you start adding sex and those feelings into the mix, you run the chance of ruining those relationships down the line and only being able to think on them with hurt feelings and possibly hate. It's not worth it.

That's my two cents anyways.


1. Exactly. Saying "society brainwashes us" is just an excuse to rebel against what you've been taught. The rules of Soceity sometimes change but others remain the same and should be so. You don't just change the rules of society because you feel like it. They change when they have to not when you feel like breaking a rule for the fun of it. Some rules are there for good reason.

2.Exactly saying "It only increases it by 25%" is incredibly thoughtless and irresponsible. Do you have any idea what it's like to live with deformities? With any normal couple there is no way to tell what will happen so we just accept what happens as part of life since we can't control it. But With incest that is guarantee that your child will have a higher chance than most of having some kind of problem.

and even if the kid turns out okay their Genes still have a higher chance of producing defects. So even if one generation turns out okay (which is already gambling) eventually someones luck will run out.

You can always find someone else so just accept that there are some lines that should not be crossed. You don't die if you don't bone your sibling but bad things could happen if you do.

Posted 1/19/15

AdamYZ wrote:

Genetics aside, you have the risk of parents grooming their children for an incestual relationship when the child reaches legal age.


That funny because the same could be say if no allow.
Posted 1/19/15
Funny how all these arguments mirror the anti gay arguments of the conservatives.
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 2/6/15

4Corvus wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Why is incest wrong?




It just is.



4056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 1/19/15

Vulpyne wrote:


Colasice wrote:

Incest is wrong because of a couple of reasons.

One, because society tells us it is wrong. It's cop out but it is what it is. We're all taught that you shouldn't be with people of the same blood no matter what so it's ingrained in us to feel disgust even thinking about it.

Two, because of the increase in likelihood of birth defects. One of our prime directives as a species is to repopulate the earth and in order to do that you have to have healthy babies that can continue the cycle. If you keep staying within the bloodline in order to have babies, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll ruin that bloodline and nobody wants that.

Three, because family is family. Family is the people that you're supposed to love no matter what(not like, because not everyone likes their family >.>). If you start adding sex and those feelings into the mix, you run the chance of ruining those relationships down the line and only being able to think on them with hurt feelings and possibly hate. It's not worth it.

That's my two cents anyways.


...

1. That isn't a reason.

2. So should we stop people with heart defects, high likelihoods of cancer, blindness or loss of other senses, etc. from having children?

3. Again, not a reason. People ruin relationships all the time, it's their fault if they want to take the risk for something bigger than what they have.


1.yes it is. Society developed these rules for a reason and you aren't supossed to go against them without good reason. Saying "why not?" is not a good enough reason.

2. No because two people with a chance of a defect or two having kids doesn't actually increase the chances. Genetics are funny that way. But two people with a certain chance of some defect having a kid doesn't meant that kid will definitely have an increased chance. With incest the chances are much higher. So in the end we have no way of knowing what will happen if two random people have a kid. We do know what happens with incest and it's not good so thus we prevent it.

25127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/15

Vulpyne wrote:


Colasice wrote:

Incest is wrong because of a couple of reasons.

One, because society tells us it is wrong. It's cop out but it is what it is. We're all taught that you shouldn't be with people of the same blood no matter what so it's ingrained in us to feel disgust even thinking about it.

Two, because of the increase in likelihood of birth defects. One of our prime directives as a species is to repopulate the earth and in order to do that you have to have healthy babies that can continue the cycle. If you keep staying within the bloodline in order to have babies, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll ruin that bloodline and nobody wants that.

Three, because family is family. Family is the people that you're supposed to love no matter what(not like, because not everyone likes their family >.>). If you start adding sex and those feelings into the mix, you run the chance of ruining those relationships down the line and only being able to think on them with hurt feelings and possibly hate. It's not worth it.

That's my two cents anyways.


...

1. That isn't a reason.

2. So should we stop people with heart defects, high likelihoods of cancer, blindness or loss of other senses, etc. from having children?

3. Again, not a reason. People ruin relationships all the time, it's their fault if they want to take the risk for something bigger than what they have.


1. It is a reason. It's a terrible one(which is why I called it a copout myself) but it's still a reason. There are people who are capable of ignoring what we're told by society but not everyone can. There's a reason that most boys' favorite color is blue.

2. No, because there's a chance that cancer, the heart problems whatever, won't happen. But if you DO stay within the bloodline, you absolutely will come to a point where everyone from that bloodline will be born with defects ruining that bloodline.

3. So you advocate ruining relationships because other people do?

While individually, these things aren't enough but together they're enough for most people to take a look at incest and say nope.
Posted 1/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Funny how all these arguments mirror the anti gay arguments of the conservatives.


When I'm become 45 I will laugh at them and their comments.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.