First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Romantic love.
12089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15
When I was younger I used to believe in that any guy I liked, it was love. But in reality it was infatuation and not love. I dont believe that i'll ever be with someone who i'll be compatible with. Right now I don't care much about love anymore, I dont think i'd ever would experience love until i'm older with someone who i've been with for a long time.
2904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15
I don't believe in romantic love. At least, not for me.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/25/15

symphonicecho wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


symphonicecho wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

monogamy is an illusion and man made, we're not programmed to be with one person for the rest of our lives.


Okay, it wasn't really about that, so, do you believe in true love with multiple partners, then?


I believe in loving everyone and wishing them well, but romantic love ? negative, it has kinda been proven that it's a chemical in your brain that makes you love someone, but i wouldn't want to narrow something so complex down to such a simple explanation, so i don't think it's that black and white of an issue to say i believe in it or not, but i will say that the word romance is a weird concept since having sex is a biological need that was made for us to survive and procreate, so would i love someone more than i love someone else because i'm having sex with them ? nope, also i don't know what you mean by " true love " since truth changes depending on what lenses you're viewing the world through.


I don't need to procreate; I'm don't let myself be defined solely by my biology. Sex and romance are not the same thing. Romance is a meaningful connection you have with someone apart from sexual intercourse. Of course having sex doesn't mean you love them. I feel sorry for you; if you don't believe in true love , that's fine, others do and for those who have experienced it they know what it is, so don't call it psychotic if the deficit lies with you.


I'm thinking english isn't your first language or you don't read a lot of books, i never said sex and romance are the same thing, i never called believing in something psychotic, and i never said you need to procreate, so maybe you forgot to take your medication because you're seeing words that weren't typed out, did you even read what i said ? cause it looks like you already have a copy & pasted answer to anyone that doesn't agree with your bullshit, i said i believe in loving people as in caring about them and wishing them well, and guess what ?! romance is not a meaningful connection you have with someone, look up the definition of romance, it will take you 15 seconds and save you from embarrassing yourself, and like i said, saying you or anyone knows the truth is the most pretentious thing you can say, especially when it comes to something as the word love, reality is completely subjective and it can have infinite definitions which noone are more valid than the other, it's just different.
Posted 1/25/15
Never Experienced, it Don't think I will, could be wrong though. I believe it falls within the realm of possibility for people who actively seek it however I believe that most don't express it in their relationships by becoming jealous and taking ownership of "their" partner.We're Individuals before were anything else.I don't want someone to make me feel complete me. I want to complete myself. If you were to really love someone wouldn't it make sense to allow them to do what makes them happy and not say, act, or feel that someone belongs to you, but that you belong to them? All in all I think that the idea of finding the "only one" is restricting/limiting, not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing it is what you make it to be. But what do I know I've never even been in a relationship before.
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Underwater
Offline
Posted 1/25/15
I've had guys that I've really really liked for a while and even a boyfriend once but I don't know if I've ever ACTUALLY fallen in love with someone before. I guess I'm the type of person that wants to find the perfect someone but just hasn't found him yet, or at least that's what I think I mean, yeah, you describe that special someone with the emotion "love" but that just may be what you THINK that feeling is. Who knows, maybe you're one of those people who want to be in love so much that just imagines being in love with someone.
Posted 1/25/15
I think I've experienced it. Short story. My first kiss, five years later I lost my virginity to him, and then two years later, we realized we weren't compatible xD
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/15

narfington wrote:

Thought I was once. It was just a fart though...


i know that feel
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 1/25/15
Of course I do! I just hate it because of its risks
Posted 1/25/15

outerheaven139 wrote:


symphonicecho wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


symphonicecho wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

monogamy is an illusion and man made, we're not programmed to be with one person for the rest of our lives.


Okay, it wasn't really about that, so, do you believe in true love with multiple partners, then?


I believe in loving everyone and wishing them well, but romantic love ? negative, it has kinda been proven that it's a chemical in your brain that makes you love someone, but i wouldn't want to narrow something so complex down to such a simple explanation, so i don't think it's that black and white of an issue to say i believe in it or not, but i will say that the word romance is a weird concept since having sex is a biological need that was made for us to survive and procreate, so would i love someone more than i love someone else because i'm having sex with them ? nope, also i don't know what you mean by " true love " since truth changes depending on what lenses you're viewing the world through.


I don't need to procreate; I'm don't let myself be defined solely by my biology. Sex and romance are not the same thing. Romance is a meaningful connection you have with someone apart from sexual intercourse. Of course having sex doesn't mean you love them. I feel sorry for you; if you don't believe in true love , that's fine, others do and for those who have experienced it they know what it is, so don't call it psychotic if the deficit lies with you.


I'm thinking english isn't your first language or you don't read a lot of books, i never said sex and romance are the same thing, i never called believing in something psychotic, and i never said you need to procreate, so maybe you forgot to take your medication because you're seeing words that weren't typed out, did you even read what i said ? cause it looks like you already have a copy & pasted answer to anyone that doesn't agree with your bullshit, i said i believe in loving people as in caring about them and wishing them well, and guess what ?! romance is not a meaningful connection you have with someone, look up the definition of romance, it will take you 15 seconds and save you from embarrassing yourself, and like i said, saying you or anyone knows the truth is the most pretentious thing you can say, especially when it comes to something as the word love, reality is completely subjective and it can have infinite definitions which noone are more valid than the other, it's just different.


look at me . I know what love is, and its not hard for me to find it
Im not the one who looks bad here, talking trash to beautiful women cause youre a geeky has-been who cant score a date. So you can piss off Einstein. Im not concerned how lowly you think of me. A man like you can never know a womans love~
3079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/15
I believe in love, though sometimes I wish it didn't find me. It is a wonderful thing, but painful. I just ended a relationship today after six months. My ex girlfriend dropped the bombshell on me Friday that she was asexual and never would have sex with me or anyone. And as much as I loved her personality, and spending time with her, I needed the physical component at least sometimes. But there was no middle ground and I couldn't continue the relationship knowing it would hurt us both more down the road. I hate how shitty I felt today, and I hate how I hurt her so.
Posted 1/25/15
[

ViperzSonic wrote:

I've had guys that I've really really liked for a while and even a boyfriend once but I don't know if I've ever ACTUALLY fallen in love with someone before. I guess I'm the type of person that wants to find the perfect someone but just hasn't found him yet, or at least that's what I think I mean, yeah, you describe that special someone with the emotion "love" but that just may be what you THINK that feeling is. Who knows, maybe you're one of those people who want to be in love so much that just imagines being in love with someone.


h-h how dare you.. i am in a relationship. If this carries on im going tk nuke my account. I m here to make friends. Noone needs to take this shit
C
Posted 1/25/15
[




Just ignore the trolls hun. Yes I believe in love. My first love didn't work out but I've found Mr.Right finally c:
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/25/15


Thinks falling in love has anything to do with physical attraction, uses physical attraction as an argument ON THE INTERNET and thinks the word Einstein is an insult.
Posted 1/25/15

outerheaven139 wrote:


XXpoisonivyXX wrote:

[




Just ignore the trolls hun. Yes I believe in love. My first love didn't work out but I've found Mr.Right finally c:

She just said she knows what real love is because she is physically attractive and you think i'm a troll, is this like a circle jerk of retarded women ?

No need for insults. I never said anything about physical attraction. Don't use the word "retarded" loosely. Please use other means to get your point across.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15

XXpoisonivyXX wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


XXpoisonivyXX wrote:

[



Just ignore the trolls hun. Yes I believe in love. My first love didn't work out but I've found Mr.Right finally c:


She just said she knows what real love is because she is physically attractive and you think i'm a troll, is this like a circle jerk of retarded women ?




I never said you did, but you said i'm a troll when i'm using arguments and factual statements, and this dummy is saying she's right cause she's physically attractive, so yes, you are being retarded.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.