First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Have you ever stuck up for a stranger?
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15
There were this girl in my school who need it money to buy the bus ticket but everybody suddenly, somehow people did't have money on them. Everybody keep saying no to her. So I when to her and give her the money so she could buy the bus ticket. I end it up walking home. For some reason the teacher thou that make me a good person. I don't see how that make me a good person.
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15
Saw a mentally challenged person surrounded by some bullies at school
1 of them was punching him in the face >:(
i didn't like them. and I knew he did nothing to them to deserve that
so i jumped in and decked the 1 punching him in the face
then i got my ass kicked
i don't regret sticking up for him
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 1/25/15
"Old man" may have acted that way because he didn't have his medicine.

It would depend on the scenario. If it were yelling, I'd probably ignore it because if someone yelled at me, I'd ignore it like I would a yipping dog or bird.
If it were fighting, I'd call the police. Or throw a table.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bullhead City, AZ
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

Sogno- wrote:

no, that requires me being around strangers


symphonicecho wrote:

I do it all the time, and rarely get it in return.


if you're doing it for the return then you might as well not do it all


It's wrong to make brazen assumptions about people before you have all the facts. Nothing about her sentence said that she was doing it for a return. Don't get snide with someone because you lack the intelligence to understand what someone says.



------


Have I ever stood up for somebody? Once...



Sogno- wrote:

no, that requires me being around strangers


symphonicecho wrote:

I do it all the time, and rarely get it in return.


if you're doing it for the return then you might as well not do it all


It's wrong to make brazen assumptions about people before you have all the facts. Nothing about her sentence said that she was doing it for a return. Don't get snide with someone because you lack the intelligence to understand what someone says.
55105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 1/26/15
I would have to, at the end of the day I have to live with myself. I'd dwell on it too much if I didn't come to someone's aid, especially such rude behavior as mentioned by OP
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/15
I try to give to homeless people all the time, but I don't really consider that sticking up for anyone. I've cursed a few people at work for messing with friends,but again...

I can tell you a time when I felt bad for not sticking up for someone. I was walking from college to a site for an architecture project with a couple of my classmates(2 of which were female). Where walking and some 300 pound guy who looked like he guzzles steroids jumped in back of this guy and screamed to the top of his lungs "give me the fucking money" while looking at a couple of us. He seemed like the type of person who would break anything if it was in his way. In my head I'm saying "this guy gets his wallet stolen or all of us can be in danger of are lives including the victim". I was in a part of NYC that I've never been before, didn't know are exact location or even have a cellphone on me. Although I'm glad no one got hurt, I feel like crap that I didn't do anything. I knew that he would be long gone by time cops were called and trying to get a phone from scared people would be to risky(what if he noticed). I'm still not sure what I would do if that happened today,but to do nothing is how it went that day.
13951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Washington, USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/15 , edited 1/26/15
I have.. and I still advocate it.. but it will really cost you sometimes..

I went to a private school and stuck up for a slower girl during lunch, when people were taking her food and passing it all around and taunting her with it because her reaction time was so bad. I grabbed everything and gave it back to her and flagged down the lunchroom attendant so that it wouldn't happen again. I went to school with the same kinds until I switched schools at the start of sixth grade and I was ostracized until I changed schools. I had NO friends at all.

The girl I stood up for found me on facebook this last year, and even though she was written off by the teachers at my school, she is getting her masters degree now, so that was cool..

And I gave some people I had just become friends with that year a character reference in court..and I will NEVER do that again.. there were priors up the wazoo and all kinds of stuff I didn't know about. The judge was understanding but basically said I didn't know enough for her to admit my statements.



The weird thing about arguments and heated discussions too, is that if you misread and jump into the wrong discussion between two people just ripping each other apart, is they can decide they don't like you coming into the discussion and can both join forces to destroy you and your point of view and decimate you.. and then calmly turn and begin destroying each other again. Which I can't remember a specific instance for, but I remember experiencing firsthand.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/26/15
Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.
Posted 1/26/15
About a year ago, Some people downstairs in the bus was slagging people off, basically taking the piss out of someone. The bus-driver stopped the bus, turned around, and said to everyone "Can we just stop with taking the piss outta people. I mean, I believe there is no reason to hold hatred against others and talk about them like that"

The same people who were slagging others off started yelling at him to "Move the f***ing bus". However, That guy earned my respect greatly.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

outerheaven139 wrote:

Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.


lmao
55105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

outerheaven139 wrote:

Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.


Ya know what sucks? Your negativity! I for one want to hear about people who have done humane acts. I'm sickened by just hearing about the inhumanity of people constantly.
Share your awesome good deeds people, don't let the killjoys stop you.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

CalifCat wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.


Ya know what sucks? Your negativity! I for one want to hear about people who have done humane acts. I'm sickened by just hearing about the inhumanity of people constantly.
Share your awesome good deeds people, don't let the killjoys stop you.


Translation of what you just said: " I am tired of being real and honest, i want to participate in more fantasy internet circle jerks where we all pretend we're the last awesome people on the planet and we share our awesomeness, like last night, there was this homeless guy on the street, someone shot him, and i got in front of the bullet, luckily it just grased my bicep, and we all know my bicep is hard as steel so i'm fine, anyways, don't let this guy drop a cold bucket of reality on you, let's keep posting our fake stories, woohoo i love being an idiot"
55105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

outerheaven139 wrote:


CalifCat wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.


Ya know what sucks? Your negativity! I for one want to hear about people who have done humane acts. I'm sickened by just hearing about the inhumanity of people constantly.
Share your awesome good deeds people, don't let the killjoys stop you.


Translation of what you just said: " I am tired of being real and honest, i want to participate in more fantasy internet circle jerks where we all pretend we're the last awesome people on the planet and we share our awesomeness, like last night, there was this homeless guy on the street, someone shot him, and i got in front of the bullet, luckily it just grased my bicep, and we all know my bicep is hard as steel so i'm fine, anyways, don't let this guy drop a cold bucket of reality on you, let's keep posting our fake stories, woohoo i love being an idiot"


Sorry you are so miserable. Feel better, okay.

From one human to another.
Posted 1/26/15

jeanius- wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

no, that requires me being around strangers


symphonicecho wrote:

I do it all the time, and rarely get it in return.


if you're doing it for the return then you might as well not do it all


It's wrong to make brazen assumptions about people before you have all the facts. Nothing about her sentence said that she was doing it for a return. Don't get snide with someone because you lack the intelligence to understand what someone says.



------


Have I ever stood up for somebody? Once...



Sogno- wrote:

no, that requires me being around strangers


symphonicecho wrote:

I do it all the time, and rarely get it in return.


if you're doing it for the return then you might as well not do it all


It's wrong to make brazen assumptions about people before you have all the facts. Nothing about her sentence said that she was doing it for a return. Don't get snide with someone because you lack the intelligence to understand what someone says.


Lol. In Sogno's defense, I say it's clear she sorta hit the nail on the head with that one.

8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

CalifCat wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


CalifCat wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

Thread number 90128309th where a bunch of people make up fake stories and suck each other off on how awesome and humane they are.


Ya know what sucks? Your negativity! I for one want to hear about people who have done humane acts. I'm sickened by just hearing about the inhumanity of people constantly.
Share your awesome good deeds people, don't let the killjoys stop you.


Translation of what you just said: " I am tired of being real and honest, i want to participate in more fantasy internet circle jerks where we all pretend we're the last awesome people on the planet and we share our awesomeness, like last night, there was this homeless guy on the street, someone shot him, and i got in front of the bullet, luckily it just grased my bicep, and we all know my bicep is hard as steel so i'm fine, anyways, don't let this guy drop a cold bucket of reality on you, let's keep posting our fake stories, woohoo i love being an idiot"


Sorry you are so miserable. Feel better, okay.

From one human to another.


Sorry you had to save 10 kittens from a collapsing building in flames this morning, but ya know, we can't all be CalifCat.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.