Post Reply Toy Story with Anime Figures
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/27/15
What if Toy Story was made with anime figures?

Who would be what character?

How would they react?

Let your creative juices flow.
Posted 1/27/15
I sense a tentacle rape Koro Sensei from Assassination Classroom doll.
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 1/27/15

Dropplet wrote:

What if Toy Story was made with anime figures?

Who would be what character?

How would they react?

Let your creative juices flow.

Hmm. Well, to recreate Toy Story we need...

An old fashioned male toy (Woody)
An old fashioned female toy as a love interest (Bo Peep)
A few stray classic or semi-modern toys as background (Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Ham)
A very modern, preferably different style of toy than the first, male toy (Buzz)

So...

Woody - Astro Boy Figure - Classic toy from classic anime.

Bo Peep - Sailor Moon figure:

Or, to match up with the movie more, a bank or lamp - Old fashioned anime series very feminine character, which matches up with the Bo Peep lamp.

Potato Head - A reusable Fukuwarai - Similar to a potato head in that the face can change or be rearranged, but more traditionally Japanese. I know, he's not a normal anime figure, but I think it fits well with keeping it similar to the original film's spirit.

Slinky Dog - Ein from Cowboy Bebop - I kind of just wanted a dog from anime and I rather like Ein. I think it fits well enough.

Ham - Doraemon coin bank - I wanted someone who's personality would fit well with Ham the pig bank, I think Doraemon's does.

Buzz - Erin from Attack on Titan - New character from a very modern style anime, very different stylistically and genre than Astroboy making it similar to the differences between Woody and Buzz.


I think you could take the plot almost verbatim and it still work with these characters swapped out for their original Toy Story characters. Assume Erin doesn't know he's a toy (like Buzz doesn't), but not to the point where he thinks Andy-san is a Titan!

Thoughts?
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/27/15

mdmrn wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

What if Toy Story was made with anime figures?

Who would be what character?

How would they react?

Let your creative juices flow.

Hmm. Well, to recreate Toy Story we need...

An old fashioned male toy (Woody)
An old fashioned female toy as a love interest (Bo Peep)
A few stray classic or semi-modern toys as background (Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Ham)
A very modern, preferably different style of toy than the first, male toy (Buzz)

So...

Woody - Astro Boy Figure - Classic toy from classic anime.

Bo Peep - Sailor Moon figure:

Or, to match up with the movie more, a bank or lamp - Old fashioned anime series very feminine character, which matches up with the Bo Peep lamp.

Potato Head - A reusable Fukuwarai - Similar to a potato head in that the face can change or be rearranged, but more traditionally Japanese. I know, he's not a normal anime figure, but I think it fits well with keeping it similar to the original film's spirit.

Slinky Dog - Ein from Cowboy Bebop - I kind of just wanted a dog from anime and I rather like Ein. I think it fits well enough.

Ham - Doraemon coin bank - I wanted someone who's personality would fit well with Ham the pig bank, I think Doraemon's does.

Buzz - Erin from Attack on Titan - New character from a very modern style anime, very different stylistically and genre than Astroboy making it similar to the differences between Woody and Buzz.


I think you could take the plot almost verbatim and it still work with these characters swapped out for their original Toy Story characters. Assume Erin doesn't know he's a toy (like Buzz doesn't), but not to the point where he thinks Andy-san is a Titan!

Thoughts?


I love it!! And rex would be Godzilla?? Sailor Moon would so be little bo peep also.
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 1/27/15

Dropplet wrote:



I love it!! And rex would be Godzilla?? Sailor Moon would so be little bo peep also.

Oh, totally! Or...perhaps Minilla (i.e. Son of Godzilla) as Rex is a bit of a nervous wreck and the emboldened Godzilla may not be as much of a nervous dude as the younger Kaiju.
7525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 1/27/15

mdmrn wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

What if Toy Story was made with anime figures?

Who would be what character?

How would they react?

Let your creative juices flow.

Hmm. Well, to recreate Toy Story we need...

An old fashioned male toy (Woody)
An old fashioned female toy as a love interest (Bo Peep)
A few stray classic or semi-modern toys as background (Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Ham)
A very modern, preferably different style of toy than the first, male toy (Buzz)

So...

Woody - Astro Boy Figure - Classic toy from classic anime.

Bo Peep - Sailor Moon figure:

Or, to match up with the movie more, a bank or lamp - Old fashioned anime series very feminine character, which matches up with the Bo Peep lamp.

Potato Head - A reusable Fukuwarai - Similar to a potato head in that the face can change or be rearranged, but more traditionally Japanese. I know, he's not a normal anime figure, but I think it fits well with keeping it similar to the original film's spirit.

Slinky Dog - Ein from Cowboy Bebop - I kind of just wanted a dog from anime and I rather like Ein. I think it fits well enough.

Ham - Doraemon coin bank - I wanted someone who's personality would fit well with Ham the pig bank, I think Doraemon's does.

Buzz - Erin from Attack on Titan - New character from a very modern style anime, very different stylistically and genre than Astroboy making it similar to the differences between Woody and Buzz.


I think you could take the plot almost verbatim and it still work with these characters swapped out for their original Toy Story characters. Assume Erin doesn't know he's a toy (like Buzz doesn't), but not to the point where he thinks Andy-san is a Titan!

Thoughts?



And we can have the Colossal Titan as Zurg.
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 1/27/15

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:


And we can have the Colossal Titan as Zurg.


That'd be awesome for our Toy Story 2. And, clearly, an Uran figure would be Jesse


And now...to ship Uran & Erin
You must be logged in to post.