First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anime Need to Know Words(Or Phrases)
12013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
EDIT:
Well. I basically was just going to make a little bit of a community dictionary that had some basic Japanese words that people use a lot in the comments. If you know one, post one.
Banned
358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
plZ dont do this , its jsut a japanese word and ppl who use those words because of anime are embarrassments ,make it StOp
4420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
kami=god
kampai=cheers
mizu=water
otkonoko=when something is masculant or your refering to guys
neko=cat
pan=bread
38670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Far west texas
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

sterlingfuze wrote:

pan=bread


That's funny; bread in Spanish is pan.
4420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

demondog89 wrote:


sterlingfuze wrote:

pan=bread


That's funny; bread in Spanish is pan.


lol
26597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nestled between e...
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

demondog89 wrote:


sterlingfuze wrote:

pan=bread


That's funny; bread in Spanish is pan.


I have reason to believe that "pan" is a loanword from Spanish just as "arubaito" is a loanword from German. Japanese is infamous for them.
21749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
Keikaku doori = Just like a ''plan''
14251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

DeliriumOxide wrote:

I have reason to believe that "pan" is a loanword from Spanish just as "arubaito" is a loanword from German. Japanese is infamous for them.


Close. It's from Portuguese.
26597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nestled between e...
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

yngvarr wrote:


DeliriumOxide wrote:

I have reason to believe that "pan" is a loanword from Spanish just as "arubaito" is a loanword from German. Japanese is infamous for them.


Close. It's from Portuguese.


Ironically they could both argued as an origin, since the word exists in both languages. Anyways, I wouldn't know. Thanks.
14251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

DeliriumOxide wrote:

Ironically they could both argued as an origin, since the word exists in both languages. Anyways, I wouldn't know. Thanks.


http://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/gairaigo.html

66787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / NY
Online
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
Anata BAKA = You IDIOT!

Onii-chan = big bro

Onee-chan = big sis

Imouto = lil sis

Otouto = lil bro

Senpai = classmate of higher seniority

Sensei = teacher, doctor, well respected person in the community
14365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
ITT: weeb speech


Ghetits wrote:

plZ dont do this , its jsut a japanese word and ppl who use those words because of anime are embarrassments ,make it StOp


2L8
67398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15

sonic720 wrote:

Anata BAKA = You IDIOT!

Onii-chan = big bro

Onee-chan = big sis

Imouto = lil sis

Otouto = lil bro

Senpai = classmate of higher seniority

Sensei = teacher, doctor, well respected person in the community


Yay, Professor Sonic is here!

And you don't see or hear Otouto being thrown around too often.... Unless I'm just bad at noticing it.
29000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
Ahoge = A single strand of hair in the center of a hairstyle that usually represents a character's foolish nature.

Ironic since Edward is actually a genius child prodigy.

14365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 2/1/15 , edited 2/2/15
wasn't there a Japanese forum section..? i could swear there was one..
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.