First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply What excuse do you have for not believing in macro evolution?
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15


Take the angry atheist thing down a notch. You are insulting the rest of us who are atheist and don't randomly throw tantrums for self-affirmation. Like Aristotle said, "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it."

& your second to last paragraph is wrong, but to entertain your ideology provide me your conclusive evidence that has shown this? Don't simply spout facts without providing a reference for us to evaluate, or have you been hanging around theists too long? [ ha ] & Don't confuse pattern recognition and behavioral ploys as intelligence, as they are not. Our cerebral cortex is larger, thus our capacity for intelligence is larger. Sure, animals can adapt just as we can, and there certainly are some areas that another animal may exceed us at, but abstract cognition in general - no.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't like to call other people's beliefs retarded. Sure, do I think it is beyond illogical? Yes, but I can at least say it in a nicer way. I don't even use the word retarded unless it refers to a mentally disabled person with mental retardation.


Ok, I changed it to unscientific. Happy now? Nobody is offended now right? You realize creationism is unscientific right? It is unscientific. Because the whole "God created Adam from mud. And the first women Eve, was created from Adam's rib." is not scientific right? That's just mythology. Virtually everyone accepts this fact. The moment you accept this fact, Christianity falls apart on its face, because without Adam and Eve, there is no original sin, and without original sin, there is no need for salvation from Christ.

So yes, evolution debunks Christianity. The moment you accept the fact that man evolved from other animals, the moment you realize there is no Adam and Eve. And without Adam and Eve, there is no original sin. And without original sin, there is NO reason for salvation through Christ. And without salvation through Christ, the edifice of Christianity just falls apart.

This, however, doesn't prove that doesn't exist. I never claimed God doesn't exist. I am agnostic. I believe it is possible for a higher power to exist. But I have no reason to worship him because he is not worthy of worship (if he exists). This, however, destroys the edifice on which Christianity is founded upon.

You can say that "God created evolution". Sure I can't disprove that point. I never argued that God doesn't exist. I am arguing that the Adam and Eve story never happened. And since it never happened, Christianity falls apart because without Adam and Eve, there is no original sin. Without original sin, there is no need for salvation through Christ. And without that, you don't need Christianity to be saved through anything.

Christianity has been debunked thoroughly many times. Debunking Christianity is not the same thing as atheism. Many people believe in a God, but do not adhere to any religion. As I said, I'm not an atheist. But I don't believe in Christianity either.
Posted 2/2/15

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:



That got me: hook, line, and sinker.


I just realized it wasn't logical at all to give a reasonable not a meme response. This guy hasn't really done anything to deserve a logical response.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/2/15


At the end of the day, our beliefs are irrelevant as we are not the PhD researchers who have devoted our lives to understanding the vast complexity that the theory entails. Certainly wouldn't find very many individuals on this forum with any sort of real educational background to provide an in depth conversation about the topic either. - myself included.

But no, you should have trolled; this guy deserves it
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

Shishiku wrote:



Take the angry atheist thing down a notch. You are insulting the rest of us who are atheist and don't randomly throw tantrums for self-affirmation. Like Aristotle said, "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it."

& your second to last paragraph is wrong, but to entertain your ideology provide me your conclusive evidence that has shown this? Don't simply spout facts without providing a reference for us to evaluate, or have you been hanging around theists too long? [ ha ] & Don't confuse pattern recognition and behavioral ploys as intelligence, as they are not.

Do you have any evidence that there are no other animals which are sentient? I never said God doesn't exist. I never claimed that. However, creationism is still unscientific. That's a fact. And also Adam and Eve don't exist. The whole "Adam was created from Mud by God, and Eve was created from Adam's rib" story is false. Without Adam and Eve, the entire edifice of Christianity falls apart because without original sin, there is no need for salvation from Christ. And without salvation through Christ, the entire edifice of Christianity falls apart quite literally.

I wasn't trying to disprove God. That's all I'm saying. And I have never wasted my time ever trying to disprove God.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/3/15
Some of us know the real truth....

7577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

serifsansserif wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

Yikes thats a long post


They like to post long shit, disregard other posts, and rant on in longform as a "response".



Usually, though, their rants are much more organized and coherent than this jumbled mess.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15
Honestly, what is the difference between this post and a religious thumper banging on your door?As adults, people believe what they want for whatever reasons they want. If it's stupid,crazy,retarded,unscientific, why do you care?

I believe in God and my best friend is Atheist, useless rants like this never create anything positive and only serve the purpose of the ranter assuming superiority.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15
"Adam and Eve don't exist."

"Humans evolved from monkeys."

What you said there hasn't proven to be true. Dear Lord, you lost your credibility there. "Creationism is not scientific", okay. That's pretty clear. I don't see why someone can't think that science is not the only way the universe can operates (not saying that YOU are saying that, but you get my point.) Let bygones be bygones. Every group has their own idiots.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

jhanna_12 wrote:

^true.


Basing on the idea of evolution, monkeys are like cousin of humans... we didn't evolve from monkeys e.e

edit: outposted xD I meant, what Lupeez said is true



Also, even if I am a Christian, I do believe in evolution as well and you know what, even without religion, even without the Bible telling you to "multiply", humans will still reproduce =.= your science also tells you that


Just as a side note. I wasn't trying to disprove God. For all I know, there might be a God out there. But Adam and Eve have been debunked. And without Adam and Eve, creationism is debunked. Sure you can say "God created evolution and then through evolution humans evolved". But that begs the question, why did God create humans? And what makes you think God created us in his image? You got any proof that we were created in the image of God?

Even if I accept God created humans, how do I know he created us in his image? Why not some other alien species that might be "superior" to us? What if there are superpowerful aliens that can breath fire and fly at the speed of sound? How do you know God didn't create them in his image rather than us? You can't prove God created US in his image even if there is a God (which there might be one).

All I'm saying is I don't accept the belief that God created us in his image, and that human beings are the pinnacle of all life. Who knows? There might be aliens on another planet that are smarter than us? How do you know God didn't create them in his image rather than us?

I was never trying to disprove God. What I was trying to disprove is that the belief that human beings were created by God to be the pinnacle of all life. And that we are superior to all other life forms. That is a very arrogant belief because you can't disprove there aren't aliens out there that might be smarter and more powerful then us (i.e. aliens that are sentient like us, but can fire lasers out of their mouths and have powers like those people in DBZ).

I personally don't know if there is a God or not. Maybe there is a god. Maybe there isn't a god. But either way, if Adam and Eve never existed, there is no original sin. And with no original sin, there is no reason for salvation from Christ. And without that, there is no reason to believe in Christianity. That's all I'm saying.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15


aaaannnnnddd question dodged; we call that conceding your original point while also avoiding the fact you have the burden of proof because you made the assertion, not me. But i will indulge your ignorance. The ability to perceive things does not make you intelligent, in the semantic use of superiority at any rate, so why you insist to use sentient as some sort of evidence towards your argument is beyond me? Our cerebral cortex is largest in terms of % & happens to be the part of the brain that rational cognition derives from. When's the last time you saw an Ape naturally learn language simply by being around it? Yet human babies do it every day at a crazy rate. Sure you can assert that over a long period of time we can teach language (only sign language has ever been accomplished) but it is never naturally seen in nature. Human language is vastly different and more complex. Humans also manipulate the environment in a far superior manner, thus why humans live like we do. Crows have one of the largest pattern recognition and problem solving minds, in case you havent ever seen the study on a crow's capacity to learn; however, simple problem solving doesn't mean much - just means it surpassed our original thoughts of what an animal could perform. When's the last time an animal made a technology or solved a physics problem? Do you think any animal understands gravity? - No. Thus concluding humans are superior to animals. Thanks evolution.

& i never even said you were trying to disprove god you ranting dunce lol. I was correcting your lack of biological understanding and misuse of the superiority argument.
7577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15

kamahl01 wrote:

Honestly, what is the difference between this post and a religious thumper banging on your door?As adults, people believe what they want for whatever reasons they want. If it's stupid,crazy,retarded,unscientific, why do you care?


That's not really the right outlook either. There are cases where religious beliefs can be harmful - trying to incorporate them into local and national laws, for example.

For one relating to this topic: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

Shishiku wrote:

Some of us know the real truth....


You can't disprove that. You can't disprove that aliens with the ability to fire lazers out of their bodies and can fly don't exist. You can't disprove aliens with powers like in DBZ don't exist. You can't disprove that if there is God, he might have created them in His image rather than us. You can't prove God created US in his image. If God didn't create us in his image and if Adam and Eve is a myth, then Christianity falls apart. It is that simple. We know the Adam and Eve story is not true. Ergo, creationism, according to the Bible, is false.

Could there be a God? Maybe. But creationism is still false. Saying creationism is bullshit or retarded is just an impolite way of saying creationism is false or unscientific. So to be polite, I just say creationism is unscientific and therefore false.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


kamahl01 wrote:

Honestly, what is the difference between this post and a religious thumper banging on your door?As adults, people believe what they want for whatever reasons they want. If it's stupid,crazy,retarded,unscientific, why do you care?


That's not really the right outlook either. There are cases where religious beliefs can be harmful - trying to incorporate them into local and national laws, for example.


This post is for crunchyroll users, not government officials. I'm not getting into laws,etc, what the poster is pretty much doing is policing thought.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/15 , edited 2/2/15

Shishiku wrote:

Some of us know the real truth....



NO!!!!


You're right.. I should have trolled... >.>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.