First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Are All Lives Equal?
Posted 2/5/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


mochioa wrote:

I believe all life is equal and all life deserves chances and forgiveness. It may be hard for us to deal with on a moral level sometimes but at the end of the day, it's still life and everyone deserves to be loved.


I'm pretty sure nobody deserves anything and the default is nothing.


While moch over here seems to find solace in his Jesus mantra, people sing a far different tune when shit actually hits the fan.

And I'm not quite sure where you're going with that abnormally deep statement James. Do elaborate

65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 2/5/15 , edited 2/5/15
Objectively, one may say all life is equal.

But we value our loved ones more than we do complete strangers.
309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
No, of course not.

From the world's point of view, people with power and money come before those who don't.
From my point of view, the people I care about come before those I don't.

Perhaps I'm just a cold person, but I'll never love or care about someone I didn't know as much as I love my family or friends.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
Both objectively and subjectively no.

Objectively a person's worth is measured by their effect on the rest of humanity. There are people out there whose existence could slightly affect a few dozen lives because they were born, and there are people out there whose existence has heavily affected millions of lives because they were born.

Subjectively, we value those individuals who have the most positive effects on our lives.


It starts to get funny when you try to balance these things. For example let's say, I cherish my best friend. However, chances are that what Bill Gates has accomplished has indirectly had a bigger effect on my life than my best friend's existence has had directly.
Posted 2/5/15 , edited 2/5/15
Yes. Everyone deserves equality.
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
Depends on the viewpoint. From mine, theres only certain individuals i care for. Doesn't really matter to me what happens to anyone else. So certain peoples lives i value above others.

"in the eyes of a higher being" all lives are equal. But since all of us are human with human eyes, they are not.
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 2/5/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

In my opinion if we are going to value prisoners for their organs it should just be mandatory to harvest all of them as needed even if it would kill them. Help keep prison population low and save lives.


There could be innocent people who were wrongly convicted and put in jail, you want to slaughter them?
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
All life is equal.
Whether or not you value them is completely different.
If you're A and you hate B, and B hates you, so you mutually don't value each other, but might value oneself, yes?
So who's worth more, A or B?
The question is silly.

In the easiest form of this A is Alive, B is Alive, thus they are equivalent in being alive.
9769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
From my human point of view, as in how I can't help but view others; no.

My almost completely objective side says "yes," though.
Posted 2/5/15 , edited 2/5/15

ChaoticRuins wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

In my opinion if we are going to value prisoners for their organs it should just be mandatory to harvest all of them as needed even if it would kill them. Help keep prison population low and save lives.


There could be innocent people who were wrongly convicted and put in jail, you want to slaughter them?


I don't know them so it makes no difference to me. At most they would be a name I read online or in the paper if I bothered to read it. Their organs would go to a good cause by saving many lives.




Nobodyofimportance wrote:

All life is equal.
Whether or not you value them is completely different.
If you're A and you hate B, and B hates you, so you mutually don't value each other, but might value oneself, yes?
So who's worth more, A or B?
The question is silly.

In the easiest form of this A is Alive, B is Alive, thus they are equivalent in being alive.


Being alive makes no difference. All life is not equal. A is more valuable to A and B is more valuable to B and both A and B are less valuable than me.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:
Being alive makes no difference. All life is not equal. A is more valuable to A and B is more valuable to B and both A and B are less valuable than me.


Lol, and if both A and B claim the same thing you do?
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 2/5/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


ChaoticRuins wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

In my opinion if we are going to value prisoners for their organs it should just be mandatory to harvest all of them as needed even if it would kill them. Help keep prison population low and save lives.


There could be innocent people who were wrongly convicted and put in jail, you want to slaughter them?


I don't know them so it makes no difference to me. At most they would be a name I read online or in the paper if I bothered to read it. Their organs would go to a good cause by saving many lives.




Nobodyofimportance wrote:

All life is equal.
Whether or not you value them is completely different.
If you're A and you hate B, and B hates you, so you mutually don't value each other, but might value oneself, yes?
So who's worth more, A or B?
The question is silly.

In the easiest form of this A is Alive, B is Alive, thus they are equivalent in being alive.


Being alive makes no difference. All life is not equal. A is more valuable to A and B is more valuable to B and both A and B are less valuable than me.

Baka. Don't you have any sense of morality (=.=)
Posted 2/5/15 , edited 2/5/15

Nobodyofimportance wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:
Being alive makes no difference. All life is not equal. A is more valuable to A and B is more valuable to B and both A and B are less valuable than me.


Lol, and if both A and B claim the same thing you do?


It would be odd if they didn't. It changes nothing. Everything only has as much value as what each individual person gives it. People can value a painting at a million dollars but if I don't like it then its value for me is much much less or nothing at all and something I would throw away.


ChaoticRuins wrote:


Baka. Don't you have any sense of morality (=.=)

Sure. My morals are just different from yours.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
I don't know.....are our experiences equal?
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
Yeah but some are more equal than others
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.