First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Stereotypes in this World , What do you think Crunchy ?
Posted 2/6/15
give me some skin brudda~
Posted 2/6/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

Please stop being so condescending and get off your high horse, it's annoying. I've met smarter, and they don't need to assertively brag and flaunt their achievement. When you do that, it seems like pretentious drivel and nobody believes you're anything but an obnoxious, narcissistic troll just LOOKING to be put in his or her place.

The point is moot, as there ARE high-FUNCTIONING PSYCHOpaths. DSM is an American text, so global definitions may vary.

I've met smarter ~


Always so entertaining. The insults... as though they actually matter.

@Shishiku - *high fives* I'd hug you, but that might be weird.


There's nothing scary about you. You're disgusting to me, I envision your stink and I want to don a gasmask so as not to be infected by it. Go play with Shu, he likes you better than I do.
Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15

Shishiku wrote:



I think anyone who has half a brain is aware that people with APD have a higher chance for crime/unlawful behavior; & you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about diagnosing someone with APD. The fact that you receive a diagnosis means that the disorder has hindered your functionality in some sort of way, typically work and socially, as REQUIRED by the DSM V. (typically seen in correlation to the unlawful behavior)

You are also mistaken in your use of sociopath for Ted Bundy - as his demeanor categorizes him as a psychopath, not a sociopath. The DSM V distinguishes these two under APD with different characteristics. Maybe you should actually know what you're talking about before you post something? - Although I will grant you that it is still a heavily debated topic as to the distinguishing traits, therefore I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't study these things to be aware.

MY POINT is that NOT everyone with APD meets that criteria & can control the more irrational impulses that often come into our minds. Your semantic use of functionality is wrong, plain and simple. Stop furthering the stereotype that I was putting to rest. I would certainly not call Ted Bundy functional, unless murdering people is functional to you? - Or I would hardly call murdering others as living life in a well suited manner.

I have done quite a lot of things since the time I was little that others would find disturbing, and it took some time for me to develop my ability to control certain desires & impulses; so I don't enjoy having someone who clearly has no formal education on the subject post Ted Bundy as the example of functionality for APD when the man obviously had no functionality in life thus the serial killings.

Understand sweetie?


Looks like punk rocker Lydia Deets let you off the hook. If you're nice to her maybe she'll .... your .... . How's that for a stereotype.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15



To quote you "Just stating they exist not that you are one. , and that functioning isn't a factor in sociopathy, as clearly indicated by law school student Ted Bundy.Don't take a comment not aimed at you personal, just was observing functioning isn't the defining factor is all."

If you don't like condescension don't assert your "facts" that are wrong with words such as "clearly" and then butcher the whole study of the disorder with an example of functionality to a serial murderer. I was simply mimicking your writing style, apparently you just don't enjoy being corrected.

Put in my place? You better call your smarter friends to come do it, because you certainly haven't shown anything to me other than the fact you make statements that go against current standards. & DSM im very aware is american based, the fact remains the functionality aspect has nothing to do with any standard in the manner you used the word including the ICD which is the most globally used diagnostic manual - it has to do with your semantic variation of the word which to me seemed outrageous because you used a serial murderer as your example and then labelled him in the wrong category lol.

Other than calling you out for your lack of formal education in the field of Abnormal Psychology, I never once gloated or asserted that my education is better, higher, or merits me any special treatment or authority on the subject. I would hope there are smarter people than I in the field; however, I do have my minor in Psych & I did spend several months with my professor and some graduate students observing mental health institutions and have seen the differences in a first hand manner.

Keep saying you've met smarter, I'll just keep being smarter

Now are you done with your bitch-fit?
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/6/15


Id prefer you do it, you clearly need to get laid dear. All that pinned up frustration is turning me on.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/6/15


Might make Shadis jealous =/ but hey, im down for some harem time hahaha
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 2/6/15
Stereotypes exist from recurring actions or characteristics.

Men from Russia are huge. Men from japan are not. Americans all like apple pie. etc, etc. They're general beliefs of a large group based on a sample or notice of a small group representing them.

When an american goes to france, the french (typically) shun him a bit and think of him as just another american tourist here to fuck up their language and take pictures everywhere and think he's french for a week. Which isn't usually the case at all. But its happened multiple times, and so thats why that belief or thought is in their head.
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/15
Stereotypes?

Like:
All italians are mobsters?
All black guys are ghetto?
All Japanese are suicidal workaholics?
All English are cockney
All Irish are Drunk?
All Scotts wear skirts?
All Russians are evil?
All Jews have the nose thing?
All of the middle east wear turbans?
All french are cheese eating surrender monkeys?

Those types?
Yeah, they suck, but what can ya do?
Posted 2/6/15

Shadis_Zeal wrote:

Never said they did, or the persons speaking them~

Are you teaming up? So mature.


Huh.. Wonder why you find them so necessary, then.

And no, I work alone. I was simply addressing you properly and telling you my thoughts directly as opposed to just leaving messages in the air hoping you'd notice them and think that I'm talking to/about you.


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

There's nothing scary about you. You're disgusting to me, I envision your stink and I want to don a gasmask so as not to be infected by it. Go play with Shu, he likes you better than I do.


Again with the insults. Are you trying to hurt my feelings? Because I will tell you now- I have none that you can hurt. If you want, you can try to at least make me angry. That might be interesting.


Shishiku wrote:

Might make Shadis jealous =/ but hey, im down for some harem time hahaha


Nah, I'm good with a high five. You two clearly need some alone time.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/6/15


They call this use of rhetoric sarcasm.
Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

Never said they did, or the persons speaking them~

Are you teaming up? So mature.


Huh.. Wonder why you find them so necessary, then.

And no, I work alone. I was simply addressing you properly and telling you my thoughts directly as opposed to just leaving messages in the air hoping you'd notice them and think that I'm talking to/about you.


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

There's nothing scary about you. You're disgusting to me, I envision your stink and I want to don a gasmask so as not to be infected by it. Go play with Shu, he likes you better than I do.


Again with the insults. Are you trying to hurt my feelings? Because I will tell you now- I have none that you can hurt. If you want, you can try to at least make me angry. That might be interesting.


Shishiku wrote:

Might make Shadis jealous =/ but hey, im down for some harem time hahaha


Nah, I'm good with a high five. You two clearly need some alone time.


If you were right where I'm at your confidence would betray you. Gone would be that sadistic smirk, behold not funny , too late, nooone cares for you're in hell, and I'm lucifer. Pinhead and the cenobytes have you, and there are new pains and pleasures that await.

Why do I need to insult you? Need? Want would be more accurate, and I succeeded by forcing your display of talent.. Let's face it, when I watch oni and sans sarif use rhetoric and then I look at you two, I imagine kindergarteners mimicing action figures. swoosh! pow! zap! It puts matters in perspective. I don't need to finish you off, I've already won.

No, dear, me and my friend "xDeadlyDullx" don't need any alone time. I don't trust I could resist using her to train my dogs on how to smell their food.

Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15

Shishiku wrote:



They call this use of rhetoric sarcasm.


I call it amateur showmanship. Challenge a pro and get served.

I'm going to be there when you mess up again to laugh and say "I told you so".

It doesn't really matter what you say to me. our time is up.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15

Shadis_Zeal wrote:


Shishiku wrote:



They call this use of rhetoric sarcasm.


I call it amateur showmanship. Challenge a pro and get served.

I'm going to be there when you mess up again to laugh and say "I told you so".


It doesn't really matter what you say to me. our time is up.


So no defense of your original statements? Means you concede your points, and I win the lack of argument that you presented. Oh wait, you've probably never been in a formal debate, lucky me I lived with the top 20 ranked debater in the world for 2 semesters - Always a pleasure to correct ignorance, feel free to come around when you want any other stupidity corrected my dear.

Posted 2/6/15

Shishiku wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:


Shishiku wrote:



They call this use of rhetoric sarcasm.


I call it amateur showmanship. Challenge a pro and get served.

I'm going to be there when you mess up again to laugh and say "I told you so".


It doesn't really matter what you say to me. our time is up.


So no defense of your original statements? Means you concede your points, and I win the lack of argument that you presented. Oh wait, you've probably never been in a formal debate, lucky me I lived with the top 20 ranked debater in the world for 2 semesters - Always a pleasure to correct ignorance, feel free to come around when you want any other stupidity corrected my dear.


No, my dear, the pleasure is mine.
Posted 2/6/15

deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.