First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Stereotypes in this World , What do you think Crunchy ?
Posted 2/6/15 , edited 2/6/15

Shishiku wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:


Shishiku wrote:



They call this use of rhetoric sarcasm.


I call it amateur showmanship. Challenge a pro and get served.

I'm going to be there when you mess up again to laugh and say "I told you so".


It doesn't really matter what you say to me. our time is up.


So no defense of your original statements? Means you concede your points, and I win the lack of argument that you presented. Oh wait, you've probably never been in a formal debate, lucky me I lived with the top 20 ranked debater in the world for 2 semesters - Always a pleasure to correct ignorance, feel free to come around when you want any other stupidity corrected my dear.



I looked over your profile and I must say, I'm neither impressed nor amused. Standard typical Ameritrash. Go back to school , and find this guy, you still have much to learn about futile discussions. When you can argue with my gun, you let me know; otherwise its Dunning - Kruger. not once did I claim to value what you do, your strengths, or your talents., if any you actually do have. You dont impress me, that you'll do well to remember.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 2/7/15
Ching chong was always used. I even see little kids say it to me when I was working as a staff in my old elementary school. The behavior didn't accelerate, however it's quiet sad that not much has changed since I left.

There was always racism where I lived and they were clearly targeting Chinese people. The people that surrounded me in front of my house are asking for their jaws to be broken if they ever think they can crack a Chinese joke in front of me again. And it's not just the joke. When they say it, it's like them pleading innocence to what they did while striking a blow on someone. It's a shitty move. Make a joke about yourself. Anything else, just stfu
31145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/15
Calling someone Ameritrash and then stating you use firearms to resolve arguments?

As for stereotypes, I just try to see the humor in them. After all, I'm a white man and I really can't jump. I'm also half German and I do love beer and bratwurst.
612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

Shishiku wrote:



I think anyone who has half a brain is aware that people with APD have a higher chance for crime/unlawful behavior; & you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about diagnosing someone with APD. The fact that you receive a diagnosis means that the disorder has hindered your functionality in some sort of way, typically work and socially, as REQUIRED by the DSM V. (typically seen in correlation to the unlawful behavior)

You are also mistaken in your use of sociopath for Ted Bundy - as his demeanor categorizes him as a psychopath, not a sociopath. The DSM V distinguishes these two under APD with different characteristics. Maybe you should actually know what you're talking about before you post something? - Although I will grant you that it is still a heavily debated topic as to the distinguishing traits, therefore I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't study these things to be aware.

MY POINT is that NOT everyone with APD meets that criteria & can control the more irrational impulses that often come into our minds. Your semantic use of functionality is wrong, plain and simple. Stop furthering the stereotype that I was putting to rest. I would certainly not call Ted Bundy functional, unless murdering people is functional to you? - Or I would hardly call murdering others as living life in a well suited manner.

I have done quite a lot of things since the time I was little that others would find disturbing, and it took some time for me to develop my ability to control certain desires & impulses; so I don't enjoy having someone who clearly has no formal education on the subject post Ted Bundy as the example of functionality for APD when the man obviously had no functionality in life thus the serial killings.

Understand sweetie?


I think saying things like "understand sweetie" is just pretty stupid. It doesn't really help arguments to call someone sweetie or cupcake as if it means you're more mature. I think it just throws people away from what you were talking about to begin with.

The moment you say that, they forget everything, go into full blown rage mode, and don't give two fucks to take anything you say seriously.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys
612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys


What you think is funny is just subjective material. You can't win a debate on subjective material. Cause what you think is funny, doesn't automatically become what's funny. There's no such thing as "what's funny and not funny". Otherwise it'd be in a dictionary.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

TheKaiserKnight wrote:


deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys


What you think is funny is just subjective material. You can't win a debate on subjective material. Cause what you think is funny, doesn't automatically become what's funny. There's no such thing as "what's funny and not funny". Otherwise it'd be in a dictionary.


It's not a debate--I'm simply stating that insulting others isn't funny. Lol how hard is it to understand. You're trying to be fake deep?
612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

deer wrote:


TheKaiserKnight wrote:


deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys


What you think is funny is just subjective material. You can't win a debate on subjective material. Cause what you think is funny, doesn't automatically become what's funny. There's no such thing as "what's funny and not funny". Otherwise it'd be in a dictionary.


It's not a debate--I'm simply stating that insulting others isn't funny. Lol how hard is it to understand. You're trying to be fake deep?


There's nothing fake or deep about it. It's subjective. Thus you're statement that "insulting others isn't funny" is nothing more than your opinion. A subjective statement. Nothing makes your statement fact or anything else. Because it's all subjective material. It doesn't have to be deep to be truth. And it doesn't have to be fake because it disagrees with your take on it. Only noobish internet users don't understand how subjective comedy can be.
Posted 2/7/15

TheKaiserKnight wrote:


deer wrote:


TheKaiserKnight wrote:


deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys


What you think is funny is just subjective material. You can't win a debate on subjective material. Cause what you think is funny, doesn't automatically become what's funny. There's no such thing as "what's funny and not funny". Otherwise it'd be in a dictionary.


It's not a debate--I'm simply stating that insulting others isn't funny. Lol how hard is it to understand. You're trying to be fake deep?


There's nothing fake or deep about it. It's subjective. Thus you're statement that "insulting others isn't funny" is nothing more than your opinion. A subjective statement. Nothing makes your statement fact or anything else. Because it's all subjective material. It doesn't have to be deep to be truth. And it doesn't have to be fake because it disagrees with your take on it. Only noobish internet users don't understand how subjective comedy can be.


Free speech might be taken for granted just a little bit. Wolf lady likes to eat human hearts from within their cadavers on occasion. It's even worse in late summer months. Trolling is a ritualistic stress-reliever , and like free speech, it makes wolf lady hunger for human hearts. It's not good for your heart.
Posted 2/7/15

Shadis_Zeal wrote:

If you were right where I'm at your confidence would betray you. Gone would be that sadistic smirk, behold not funny , too late, nooone cares for you're in hell, and I'm lucifer. Pinhead and the cenobytes have you, and there are new pains and pleasures that await.

Why do I need to insult you? Need? Want would be more accurate, and I succeeded by forcing your display of talent.. Let's face it, when I watch oni and sans sarif use rhetoric and then I look at you two, I imagine kindergarteners mimicing action figures. swoosh! pow! zap! It puts matters in perspective. I don't need to finish you off, I've already won.

No, dear, me and my friend "xDeadlyDullx" don't need any alone time. I don't trust I could resist using her to train my dogs on how to smell their food.



Such lovely craftsmanship of words, such fanciful fantasies...

It's just such a shame that you still can't see that insulting me won't really get you anywhere.

Oh, you think I suck at "rhetoric" compared to some other people. Ouch...
Oh, what? I'm "dull?" Boohoo.. Woe is me.
Let me cry in a corner for a while because you hurt me so much!




I'm not entirely sure what you've won, but you should keep dreaming, luv. One day, it might just come true.

Nice try, anyway.
Posted 2/7/15

deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys



Some of the best jokes are offensive one way or another. Even Jerry Seinfeld humored others at the expense of others, and he was a relatively clean comedian. By offend I mean literally everything, insulting products, etc.

Not to mention that an offended Asian can't speak for everyone either. What I can speak is for myself. I'm not offended by it, so saying it in my presence is fine with me. I'm not saying people don't have the right to be offended, I'm saying people also have the right not be. I'm exerting my right to enjoy offensive jokes.

P.S. You're 20 years old, and you told me to commit suicide over something so trivial.
Posted 2/7/15

deer wrote:


TheKaiserKnight wrote:


deer wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


deer wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You get (and SHOULD) used to it. People are often joking when they use stereotypes.


No, people shouldn't deal and succumb to ignorance and blatant racism. Stereotyping may be a softer kind of prejudice but it's still disrespectful and inexcusable nonetheless. Being funny or "joking about it" doesn't justify anything. You need to call shit out, you need to tell someone when something they say is insulting and hurtful... People have every right to be mad. "You should get used to it" isn't helpful at all.


I disagree. The best type of humor is offensive, and doesn't necessarily mean the person is racist. You put joking about it in parenthesis, and I feel that is a very unfair comparison, since you are asserting the person is racist and is willing to joke about it, when many people joke about it and are not racist at all.

You're assuming a racist joke can only be made by a racist or ignorant person, when nothing can be further from the truth. We should get a sense of humor before it becomes extinct. Know your audience as well. I don't get offended when someone makes an asian joke, especially if I know them to be sensible. People have a right to be offended, they also have the right to permit offensive material.


LMAO if you have to be offensive to be funny you're not very funny or creative at all. That's really sad that you think that insulting others is the way to go. And no one gives a shit if you're Asian and you're not offended by Asian jokes because frankly who are you to speak for all Asians? If you deliberately think that being offensive is actually acceptable (joking or not) then you should honestly kys


What you think is funny is just subjective material. You can't win a debate on subjective material. Cause what you think is funny, doesn't automatically become what's funny. There's no such thing as "what's funny and not funny". Otherwise it'd be in a dictionary.


It's not a debate--I'm simply stating that insulting others isn't funny. Lol how hard is it to understand. You're trying to be fake deep?


It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Please realize that your opinion isn't fact. Who are you to speak for all people concerning what is funny and what is not? You can only speak for yourself in this regards.
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 2/7/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

If you were right where I'm at your confidence would betray you. Gone would be that sadistic smirk, behold not funny , too late, nooone cares for you're in hell, and I'm lucifer. Pinhead and the cenobytes have you, and there are new pains and pleasures that await.

Why do I need to insult you? Need? Want would be more accurate, and I succeeded by forcing your display of talent.. Let's face it, when I watch oni and sans sarif use rhetoric and then I look at you two, I imagine kindergarteners mimicing action figures. swoosh! pow! zap! It puts matters in perspective. I don't need to finish you off, I've already won.

No, dear, me and my friend "xDeadlyDullx" don't need any alone time. I don't trust I could resist using her to train my dogs on how to smell their food.



Such lovely craftsmanship of words, such fanciful fantasies...

It's just such a shame that you still can't see that insulting me won't really get you anywhere.

Oh, you think I suck at "rhetoric" compared to some other people. Ouch...
Oh, what? I'm "dull?" Boohoo.. Woe is me.
Let me cry in a corner for a while because you hurt me so much!




I'm not entirely sure what you've won, but you should keep dreaming, luv. One day, it might just come true.

Nice try, anyway.


I see you put on a good front, but I also see the need for taking steps you won't need and reaching out. You were never of any interest to me, only your warped sense of advocacy for others. It tells me that, "if I'm not paying attention to you and you alone, we have a problem." Dolls make good decoys. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Enough rhetoric. Make love to your hand while reading this because I've wasted enough time with you ... boo hoo.

Posted 2/7/15

Shadis_Zeal wrote:

I see you put on a good front, but I also see the need for taking steps you won't need and reaching out. You were never of any interest to me, only your warped sense of advocacy for others. It tells me that, "if I'm not paying attention to you and you alone, we have a problem." Dolls make good decoys. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Enough rhetoric. Make love to your hand while reading this because I've wasted enough time with you ... boo hoo.



On a scale of one to even, I can't... Like literally, I can't.

And yet, I'm somewhat amused. That innate tendency to just keep trying to take a stab at people any way you can... it's quite entertaining to behold.
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 2/7/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


Shadis_Zeal wrote:

I see you put on a good front, but I also see the need for taking steps you won't need and reaching out. You were never of any interest to me, only your warped sense of advocacy for others. It tells me that, "if I'm not paying attention to you and you alone, we have a problem." Dolls make good decoys. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Enough rhetoric. Make love to your hand while reading this because I've wasted enough time with you ... boo hoo.



On a scale of one to even, I can't... Like literally, I can't.

And yet, I'm somewhat amused. That innate tendency to just keep trying to take a stab at people any way you can... it's quite entertaining to behold.


I might have fallen completely and irrevocably to the dark side, but if my rules lawyering is correct, flame baiting is in there somewhere. Congratulations! I feel like blowing my brains out.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.