Post Reply I have trouble doing things I want / need to do.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 2/7/15
I'm not sure if the problem is motivational or ability.
But for some reason I can't seem to pull myself together when push comes to shove. Sometimes I am exactly what I need to be and what others need me to be.
But too often I don't last and flake and everyone loses.

Anyone else dealt with this and know how to fix it?

Posted 2/7/15
Maybe you're afraid of failure or you really don't want to do them. Ability is not a requirement as much as motivation in my opinion. For example, I want to do my homework but I often fall back on my anime addiction. The best way to overcome is to ignore your feelings and just do it. That's how I would handle my problem.
20358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 2/7/15
hot dogs
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Maybe you're afraid of failure or you really don't want to do them. Ability is not a requirement as much as motivation in my opinion. For example, I want to do my homework but I often fall back on my anime addiction. The best way to overcome is to ignore your feelings and just do it. That's how I would handle my problem.


I'm almost certain it's a fear of failure, but Ignore my feelings?..I don't know. what's the reason to try if I ignore them?
Posted 2/7/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Maybe you're afraid of failure or you really don't want to do them. Ability is not a requirement as much as motivation in my opinion. For example, I want to do my homework but I often fall back on my anime addiction. The best way to overcome is to ignore your feelings and just do it. That's how I would handle my problem.


I'm almost certain it's a fear of failure, but Ignore my feelings?..I don't know. what's the reason to try if I ignore them?


JUST DO IT. No one gives a rat ass about your feelings half the time as long as you do it.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 2/7/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Maybe you're afraid of failure or you really don't want to do them. Ability is not a requirement as much as motivation in my opinion. For example, I want to do my homework but I often fall back on my anime addiction. The best way to overcome is to ignore your feelings and just do it. That's how I would handle my problem.


I'm almost certain it's a fear of failure, but Ignore my feelings?..I don't know. what's the reason to try if I ignore them?


JUST DO IT. No one gives a rat ass about your feelings half the time as long as you do it.


Most of the time I don't care if anyone's invested in my feelings. And if they didn't, I'm more likely to do nothing.
Is this the wrong mind set?
Mabe it's a dicipline problem, too.
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/7/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

I'm not sure if the problem is motivational or ability.
But for some reason I can't seem to pull myself together when push comes to shove. Sometimes I am exactly what I need to be and what others need me to be.
But too often I don't last and flake and everyone loses.

Anyone else dealt with this and know how to fix it?


I deal with it but still don't know how to fix it.
Posted 2/7/15
Posted 2/7/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Maybe you're afraid of failure or you really don't want to do them. Ability is not a requirement as much as motivation in my opinion. For example, I want to do my homework but I often fall back on my anime addiction. The best way to overcome is to ignore your feelings and just do it. That's how I would handle my problem.


I'm almost certain it's a fear of failure, but Ignore my feelings?..I don't know. what's the reason to try if I ignore them?


JUST DO IT. No one gives a rat ass about your feelings half the time as long as you do it.


Most of the time I don't care if anyone's invested in my feelings. And if they didn't, I'm more likely to do nothing.
Is this the wrong mind set?
Mabe it's a dicipline problem, too.


Pretend you're in a Loreal ad and have a moment were you say you're worth it every morning. I think you might have a case of undermining your self-worth. You have to become a bit more selfish.
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 2/7/15
Maybe some jams? When I'm feeling lazy/unmotivated (which is often) music often helps get rid of that feeling. Listen to whatever artists/songs you enjoy. But if you need a recommendation, maybe Taylor Swift can help you take that feeling of unmotivation and "shake it off".
43654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/7/15
With me, I find that it isn't so much the doing, it's the starting. Once I get going, I am able to do just about anything. So instead of thinking "I need to do this whole thing", think "I just need to start the first step". Walk to the sink and turn the water on. Sort clothes into piles. Get the vacuum out and clean the filter. Open the ticket. Open the spreadsheet. Log in and start looking at files. There's a reason that in a chemistry reaction it's called "the initial heat of activation", you have to expend energy to cause a chain reaction. Just getting started provides me with further motivation to continue, because even worse than not doing something at all, which I might just leave, I really hate to leave something unfinished.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/10/15 , edited 2/10/15
I spoke to a councilor and they set me up with a specialist.
Gonna be stronger. gonna be able to focus my energy and I have... energy.
You must be logged in to post.