First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Diabolik Lovers Season 2 Anticipation and Discussion
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 4/17/15


Season 2 of Diabolik Lovers confirmed. Are we ready for 15 minutes of vampire every week??

https://twitter.com/anime_dialover/status/564740026479558656

Source from CR:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/09/second-diabolik-lovers-anime-announced
40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 6/15/15
Incredible!
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
Because that needed to happen Season one was apparently just too good
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
ugh. the anime industry has gone downhill etc etc.

if there's one anime that needs to be banned is this one and its atrocious thing they call a storyline.
One Punch Mod
85923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
Ugh! Why?
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 8/19/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:
ugh. the anime industry has gone downhill etc etc.

if there's one anime that needs to be banned is this one and its atrocious thing they call a storyline.


lorreen wrote:

Ugh! Why?

We know the anime discs didn't sell very well. The music and drama CDs sell alright. Since it is getting a season 2 anyway we can only conclude that the game must sell well and the production committee must see the anime as a good advertisement for the game and must think that another season will keep up or even further boost player numbers. Obviously neither of you play the game, are not the target audience so they don't care what you think.

Don't blame the anime industry. It only makes those things that make a profit. Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun. Go watch anime you like. The money used to make Diabolik Lovers isn't "stealing money" from your favorite genre or anything like that. It doesn't work that way.

http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Diabolik Lovers 2013 Fall 0 Zexcs game

Anime discs: 0 sales which doesn't really mean 0 but it means so low that they didn't rank at all, and yet it is getting season 2. Yes, game must sell is all I can think.
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15

hpulley wrote:

We know the anime discs didn't sell very well. The music and drama CDs sell alright. Since it is getting a season 2 anyway we can only conclude that the game must sell well and the production committee must see the anime as a good advertisement for the game and must think that another season will keep up or even further boost player numbers. Obviously neither of you play the game, are not the target audience so they don't care what you think.

Don't blame the anime industry. It only makes those things that make a profit. Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun. Go watch anime you like. The money used to make Diabolik Lovers isn't "stealing money" from your favorite genre or anything like that. It doesn't work that way.

http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Diabolik Lovers 2013 Fall 0 Zexcs game

Anime discs: 0 sales which doesn't really mean 0 but it means so low that they didn't rank at all, and yet it is getting season 2. Yes, game must sell is all I can think.



I see.

So Diabolik Lovers is like the "50 shades of grey" of anime/visual games... except there are like 6 to 7 Christian Grey's to choose from?
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


hpulley wrote:

We know the anime discs didn't sell very well. The music and drama CDs sell alright. Since it is getting a season 2 anyway we can only conclude that the game must sell well and the production committee must see the anime as a good advertisement for the game and must think that another season will keep up or even further boost player numbers. Obviously neither of you play the game, are not the target audience so they don't care what you think.

Don't blame the anime industry. It only makes those things that make a profit. Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun. Go watch anime you like. The money used to make Diabolik Lovers isn't "stealing money" from your favorite genre or anything like that. It doesn't work that way.

http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Diabolik Lovers 2013 Fall 0 Zexcs game

Anime discs: 0 sales which doesn't really mean 0 but it means so low that they didn't rank at all, and yet it is getting season 2. Yes, game must sell is all I can think.


I see.

So Diabolik Lovers is like the "50 shades of grey" of anime/visual games... except there are like 6 to 7 Christian Grey's to choose from?

Yep, we think it's trashy but the fangirls are squeeing to high heaven about another season of watching the useless heroine forcibly confined and having her blood drank, how hawt is that? They think it's super, super hawt. And want moar moar moar obviously. So.... season 2 here we come!

But in the case of 50 Shades of Grey I think the books sell well so it isn't the odd situation we have here where the anime itself seems to sell poorly and yet it is getting more. 50 Shades of Grey books and movies I'm sure will both bring in good money so no need to consider one to be an ad for the other.
56994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 2/9/15

hpulley wrote:
Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun.


(From what I understand, the game is supposed to be very good, and it helps that the player gets to steer Yui, rather than have her haplessly get herself into one unfortunate situation after another.)
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


hpulley wrote:
Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun.


(From what I understand, the game is supposed to be very good, and it helps that the player gets to steer Yui, rather than have her haplessly get herself into one unfortunate situation after another.)


That is the trouble with these adapted games. The MC is you!!!! So a bit dull as a character.
The Wise Wizard
100941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15

lorreen wrote:

Ugh! Why?

Pretty much my thoughts. This is one anime I've steered well clear of because the opinions of those that have seen it appear to be close to unanimous about how bad it is.

We know it sold poorly in Japan, but apparently it did something to generate a profit.

20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
wow
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
worse shows get second seasons, i have no problem with this
43652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15

hpulley wrote:
Don't blame the anime industry. It only makes those things that make a profit. Blame the people who like the game? No, don't do that. Let them have their fun. Go watch anime you like. The money used to make Diabolik Lovers isn't "stealing money" from your favorite genre or anything like that. It doesn't work that way.

While I do agree with this in principal, i.e. I can just skip it and others can watch if they actually want to, I can't help but think that the resources being used to make this (still ZEXCS?) could be better spent on making something else instead, like another season of /the-comic-artist-and-his-assistants or /say-i-love-you. In general though, looking at the great majority of what they have made as the main animation production company, there are only a few exceptions to me dropping it after three or less episodes anyway, so it's probably no great loss.

Why yes, I guess I am rationalizing here, fox and the grapes style.
Sogno- 
45726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/15 , edited 10/20/15
so because the game does well they do another season of the anime?

that just doesn't make sense to me
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.