Post Reply Why does this site not allow you to search anime by age/rating? Or even show age of anime?
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
Ratings(stars) are useful but seriously plenty of other sites tell you this anime is rated X for blah blah why does this site not do this or am I missing something? Can't stand the child ones where no one ever dies or gets cut, or they get cut yet magically there is no blood yet the animation clearly shows they were just sliced...So yeah I like avoiding those completely could care less if 50000 children rated it 5stars its still zero stars to me.

Am I missing something is there some reason there is no age on any of these animes even though they are clearly rated on other sites?
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
The rating of a show isn't going to cause it to be any more mature.

Hunter x Hunter is rated TV14 (i think) and once it gets to the Chimera ant arc, people drop like goddamn flies; It is also probably one of the most mature and complex shounens in the last 10 years.

Also, if you rate a show based on gore and death, that's a pretty shit rating system, no offense.

12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
Then avoid it altogether, I think you should be able to tell which animes will be like that where no one ever seems to die or it is overly censored. I have never encountered the problem.
18017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Moreno Valley, CA
Online
Posted 2/10/15
Mainly because the ratings already tell you the age rating. Shounen and Shoujo are for everyone,Seinen is for older audience
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 2/10/15

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

The rating of a show isn't going to cause it to be any more mature.

Hunter x Hunter is rated TV14 (i think) and once it gets to the Chimera ant arc, people drop like goddamn flies; It is also probably one of the most mature and complex shounens in the last 10 years.

Also, if you rate a show based on gore and death, that's a pretty shit rating system, no offense.



Exactly, I can only wonder all the great romance/drama/comedy shows he's missed out on.
17095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/15

Lencazo415 wrote:

Ratings(stars) are useful but seriously plenty of other sites tell you this anime is rated X for blah blah why does this site not do this or am I missing something? Can't stand the child ones where no one ever dies or gets cut, or they get cut yet magically there is no blood yet the animation clearly shows they were just sliced...So yeah I like avoiding those completely could care less if 50000 children rated it 5stars its still zero stars to me.

Am I missing something is there some reason there is no age on any of these animes even though they are clearly rated on other sites?


Actually, it sounds like you're missing something. If you want your anime content-screened for age appropriateness it sounds like you should be visiting the sites that offer such services. There is nothing about such curation that is inherent to anime or any other media. If you want a different experience of anime than what this site offers it sounds like you should frequent those sites that give you what you want.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/15

kamosuzo wrote:


Lencazo415 wrote:

Ratings(stars) are useful but seriously plenty of other sites tell you this anime is rated X for blah blah why does this site not do this or am I missing something? Can't stand the child ones where no one ever dies or gets cut, or they get cut yet magically there is no blood yet the animation clearly shows they were just sliced...So yeah I like avoiding those completely could care less if 50000 children rated it 5stars its still zero stars to me.

Am I missing something is there some reason there is no age on any of these animes even though they are clearly rated on other sites?


Actually, it sounds like you're missing something. If you want your anime content-screened for age appropriateness it sounds like you should be visiting the sites that offer such services. There is nothing about such curation that is inherent to anime or any other media. If you want a different experience of anime than what this site offers it sounds like you should frequent those sites that give you what you want.


True I probably should've subbed to another site but this site does have a great selection and seems to run smoothly better then some.
6024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Ottawa, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
I don't know of many other anime streaming services especially those that can be streamed from a device like crunchyroll can I do agree that there should be some sort of age rating on description not for the reasons the OP gave but cause I have kids who also watch anime and it would be easier for me to screen what they are watching and making sure what they are watching is age appropriate for them if it's not an anime I haven't personally watched yet.
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/16
I don't personally care about age at all, but I would love to be able to search/filter by rating. As it is, I have to drill down into each show's description to see the ratings.

I don't have as much free time to browse anime sites as I used to, and I know Crunchyroll *has* ratings, so why can't I use them to quickly find highly-rated shows?
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/3/16

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

The rating of a show isn't going to cause it to be any more mature.

Hunter x Hunter is rated TV14 (i think) and once it gets to the Chimera ant arc, people drop like goddamn flies; It is also probably one of the most mature and complex shounens in the last 10 years.

Also, if you rate a show based on gore and death, that's a pretty shit rating system, no offense.



^ This. I've had many animals die and it is part of life even for a child.
You must be logged in to post.