Post Reply The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
14562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
I just got a suggestion from a friend saying this Anime was great, but when i added to que it doesnt show up there? and when i went to its page there isnt any videos? what gives? Did they take it down? WHY!!?? Will it be back at all?? Do i need to message crunchyroll staff and ask if they are getting it back up? I heard good things about this and want to watch it!!!!!
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 2/10/15 , edited 2/10/15
One word: FUNimation.

FUNi picked up the rights and CR no longer has the rights. However, FUNi is still waiting on materials from Japan, so it could be a while before it gets added to their website.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/home-video-announcements-from-otakon/


Finally, FUNimation has acquired the rights to the following titles:

- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
- Haruhi Chan and Churuya San
- Lucky Star series + OVA
- Strike Witches movie
- Steins;Gate movie
14562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
what! do you know perminately? I watch all my anime on crunchyroll tried going to FUNimation but i just dont trust them, they have ads all over the place!

sonic720 wrote:

One word: FUNimation.

FUNi picked up the rights and CR no longer has the rights. However, FUNi is still waiting on materials from Japan, so it could be a while before it gets added to their website.


8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
Yeah its not on CR anymore. Calling it "great" though is a bit of an exaggeration. Its ok. The movie was great but the series was a trainwreck, compositionally.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 2/10/15

Ninja_Pro92 wrote:
what! do you know perminately? I watch all my anime on crunchyroll tried going to FUNimation but i just dont trust them, they have ads all over the place!


FUNi picked up the rights to the whole of Haruhi, see edit above. That likely means it won't be coming back to CR ever given FUNi has its own streaming service and Hulu/Netflix for those that don't want to use their website.
14562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
oh man, thats so sad! pretty curious about it. I know my computer is fine no ads anywhere just on the FUNimation website. are they a good reliable site? have any aps on the PlayStation network or anything?

sonic720 wrote:


Ninja_Pro92 wrote:
what! do you know perminately? I watch all my anime on crunchyroll tried going to FUNimation but i just dont trust them, they have ads all over the place!


FUNi picked up the rights to the whole of Haruhi, see edit above. That likely means it won't be coming back to CR ever given FUNi has its own streaming service and Hulu/Netflix for those that don't want to use their website.


56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 2/10/15

Ninja_Pro92 wrote:
oh man, thats so sad! pretty curious about it. I know my computer is fine no ads anywhere just on the FUNimation website. are they a good reliable site? have any aps on the PlayStation network or anything?


Yeah, FUNi is good now. A bit clunky website compared to CR but their video player is top notch. You need to register and add shows to your queue to get their player over Hulu embedded video though. Otherwise you will get Hulu player with ads there. FUNi has a PS3 app now as well. I use the Roku app personally.
14562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/15
hmmmmm alright! Might have to try them out sometime! Guess in the meantime ill just wait, they also have A certain Scientific Railgun! Was curious about that one to!

sonic720 wrote:


Ninja_Pro92 wrote:
oh man, thats so sad! pretty curious about it. I know my computer is fine no ads anywhere just on the FUNimation website. are they a good reliable site? have any aps on the PlayStation network or anything?


Yeah, FUNi is good now. A bit clunky website compared to CR but their video player is top notch. You need to register and add shows to your queue to get their player over Hulu embedded video though. Otherwise you will get Hulu player with ads there. FUNi has a PS3 app now as well. I use the Roku app personally.


You must be logged in to post.