First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Assisted Suicide - Dignitas
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/15

Aeolist wrote:

Fuck assisted suicide. No one has the right to kill themselves. We all die, but its not for us to decide when or how UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You have terminal lung cancer, die like a man or woman, don't ask for help in taking your life. Pain is inevitable, and I have news for you, so is suffering. It ain't optional. Suicide is a sin.



sins dont matter to everyone, who are you to force others to live and die on your terms?

your spiritual suffering over this is something you should relish by your own logic.
Posted 3/30/15 , edited 3/30/15

evilotakuneko wrote:


Aeolist wrote:

Fuck assisted suicide. No one has the right to kill themselves. We all die, but its not for us to decide when or how UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You have terminal lung cancer, die like a man or woman, don't ask for help in taking your life. Pain is inevitable, and I have news for you, so is suffering. It ain't optional. Suicide is a sin.



Having a right to life means also having a right to die. Do you believe a person does not have a right to life?


No, I don't think so.

By "right to life" you mean anti-abortion? How on Earth do you think that is related to anti-abortion?

That I might believe in something greater than this life, its not a political tool for you, at least not a good one.

No, somehow the sanctity of life and that life is precious in fact says the contrary.

It reinforces my position.

Suicide is a sin.

Posted 3/30/15

oodain wrote:


Aeolist wrote:

Fuck assisted suicide. No one has the right to kill themselves. We all die, but its not for us to decide when or how UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You have terminal lung cancer, die like a man or woman, don't ask for help in taking your life. Pain is inevitable, and I have news for you, so is suffering. It ain't optional. Suicide is a sin.



sins dont matter to everyone, who are you to force others to live and die on your terms?

your spiritual suffering over this is something you should relish by your own logic.


Just like you don't matter to me. Seems you're the one with the problem. I'll relish in the logic you cannot understand. I just stated by opinion, if you don't like it, tough.

1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/15
i never said i should matter, you are trying to force others, the core issue is nothing alike.

instead of being an ass why not try to actually reason your point or is obstinacy suddenly something to strive for?
13650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 3/30/15

Aeolist wrote:

No, I don't think so.

By "right to life" you mean anti-abortion? How on Earth do you think that is related to anti-abortion?

That I might believe in something greater than this life, its not a political tool for you, at least not a good one.

No, somehow the sanctity of life and that life is precious in fact says the contrary.

It reinforces my position.

Suicide is a sin.




Curious. So if a person does not have a right to life, then if I take your life I have not violated your rights. Should I be punished for taking something you do not have a right to in the first place? And if I don't have a right to life, then what does it matter if I simply give up that life?

I'm not even talking about politics here, just basic human rights. My position is that if one has a right to live, one also has a right to die. The two are inseparable.

And no, we aren't talking about abortion in this thread so there's no reason to go there. Although I do find it ironic that most so-called "pro-lifers" are also pro-death penalty.
Posted 3/30/15

oodain wrote:

i never said i should matter, you are trying to force others, the core issue is nothing alike.

instead of being an ass why not try to actually reason your point or is obstinacy suddenly something to strive for?


I'm not trying to force anything. Just stating my opinion, call it whatever you want. Now piss off.
Posted 3/30/15

evilotakuneko wrote:


Aeolist wrote:

No, I don't think so.

By "right to life" you mean anti-abortion? How on Earth do you think that is related to anti-abortion?

That I might believe in something greater than this life, its not a political tool for you, at least not a good one.

No, somehow the sanctity of life and that life is precious in fact says the contrary.

It reinforces my position.

Suicide is a sin.




Curious. So if a person does not have a right to life, then if I take your life I have not violated your rights. Should I be punished for taking something you do not have a right to in the first place? And if I don't have a right to life, then what does it matter if I simply give up that life?

I'm not even talking about politics here, just basic human rights. My position is that if one has a right to live, one also has a right to die. The two are inseparable.

And no, we aren't talking about abortion in this thread so there's no reason to go there. Although I do find it ironic that most so-called "pro-lifers" are also pro-death penalty.


The topic of this thread is not anti abortion or religion, get back on topic please. I'll tell you what I told oodain, just stating my opinion. Don't like it, tough.
Posted 3/30/15

evilotakuneko wrote:


Aeolist wrote:

No, I don't think so.

By "right to life" you mean anti-abortion? How on Earth do you think that is related to anti-abortion?

That I might believe in something greater than this life, its not a political tool for you, at least not a good one.

No, somehow the sanctity of life and that life is precious in fact says the contrary.

It reinforces my position.

Suicide is a sin.




Curious. So if a person does not have a right to life, then if I take your life I have not violated your rights. Should I be punished for taking something you do not have a right to in the first place? And if I don't have a right to life, then what does it matter if I simply give up that life?

I'm not even talking about politics here, just basic human rights. My position is that if one has a right to live, one also has a right to die. The two are inseparable.

And no, we aren't talking about abortion in this thread so there's no reason to go there. Although I do find it ironic that most so-called "pro-lifers" are also pro-death penalty.


Quite fascinating.
2311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / meme hell
Offline
Posted 3/30/15
I support it. I think if you're suffering and in pain, or a vegetable, or don't want to put loved ones through your illness then by all means. It's YOUR life, I hate that it's illegal.
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/15

Aeolist wrote:


oodain wrote:

i never said i should matter, you are trying to force others, the core issue is nothing alike.

instead of being an ass why not try to actually reason your point or is obstinacy suddenly something to strive for?


I'm not trying to force anything. Just stating my opinion, call it whatever you want. Now piss off.


why should i piss off?, if you are just stating your opinion then should others not have the same opportunity?
you are postulating that assisted suicide is wrong and should not be allowed are you not?
38171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / East USA
Offline
Posted 3/30/15
Thought you were talking about the team Dignitas.
13650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 3/30/15

Aeolist wrote:


The topic of this thread is not anti abortion or religion, get back on topic please. I'll tell you what I told oodain, just stating my opinion. Don't like it, tough.


Why persist in replying if your only purpose is to state your opinion and you will not discuss your position at all? Shouldn't you be the one to piss off, then?
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/30/15
I see difficulty on how to make it legal and there is a danger of abuse. Obviously those with diminished mental capability or the inability to communicate are at potential risk but if you are medically of sound mind I see no reason why you should not be afforded the same choice in manner of death that the rest of us have (admittedly illegally but I'm not convinced of the just basis of that law). I mean frankly if your component and reasonably physically capable there is little anyone can do to stop a healthy person taking their own life. Your morality is your own the decision to commit suicide is your decision to make.
16267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 3/30/15
If a person is in incredible pain, and they know they are gonna die no matter what, i think it should be allowed. If you ask me you are more inhumane if you allow a person to live through that, rather than allowing him/her to die. Of course the conditions should be incredibly strict, and no one should be forced to do it. If someone wants to die the doctor has to be fully commited to the results and agree to do it himself.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/15

Aeolist wrote:

^The distinction is moot. sane ppl deserve no added graces than those that aren't.

Its a sin. One that cannot be forgiven, because you're dead and can't ask.




I can't agree with this. It's like saying "watch your *x* privilege" and not taking advantage of the cards that you are dealt because it's "unfair." In my view, as long as something does not trample on the rights of another, it should likely be permissible. And even if others' rights are somewhat affected, the whole situation must be examined to see if it is still worthwhile to allow.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.