Post Reply Shockwave crashing
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/15
OK, so I'm guessing this thread goes in this section. Anyway every time I get click on a video and the advertisement ends the tab freezes and Shockwave crashes. Every time. I've been looking up stuff to fix it, but nothing works. Shockwave has only been crashing constantly like this on Crunchyroll.
59783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 2/13/15

cpdion wrote:

OK, so I'm guessing this thread goes in this section. Anyway every time I get click on a video and the advertisement ends the tab freezes and Shockwave crashes. Every time. I've been looking up stuff to fix it, but nothing works. Shockwave has only been crashing constantly like this on Crunchyroll.


Have you tried clearing the Adobe cache, and do you have any adblock or similar extensions?
Der Zoodirektor
26243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 2/13/15
Can you make out which ad in particular does this?
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/15

eyeofpain wrote:


cpdion wrote:

OK, so I'm guessing this thread goes in this section. Anyway every time I get click on a video and the advertisement ends the tab freezes and Shockwave crashes. Every time. I've been looking up stuff to fix it, but nothing works. Shockwave has only been crashing constantly like this on Crunchyroll.


Have you tried clearing the Adobe cache, and do you have any adblock or similar extensions?


I haven't tried clearing my Adobe cache, but I'll try. I only have 1 extension and it's McAfee site advisior.


shinryou wrote:

Can you make out which ad in particular does this?


It's any ad. I don't think it matters what ad it is, but I'll see if there is an pattern.

Der Zoodirektor
26243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 2/13/15
Thanks.

Have you tried a different browser yet?
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/15 , edited 2/13/15
I didn't try a different browser before, but I just did and crunchyroll stopped responding. It was Internet Explorer if you're wondering.
also was I suppose to clear ALL of my adobe cache or just crunchyroll @eyeofpain or whoever can answer that..
59783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 2/13/15

cpdion wrote:

I didn't try a different browser before, but I just did and crunchyroll stopped responding. It was Internet Explorer if you're wondering.
also was I suppose to clear ALL of my adobe cache or just crunchyroll @eyeofpain or whoever can answer that..


Unless you have a specific reason to keep other sites' data stored in cache, I would just clear the whole thing.
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/15

eyeofpain wrote:


cpdion wrote:

I didn't try a different browser before, but I just did and crunchyroll stopped responding. It was Internet Explorer if you're wondering.
also was I suppose to clear ALL of my adobe cache or just crunchyroll @eyeofpain or whoever can answer that..


Unless you have a specific reason to keep other sites' data stored in cache, I would just clear the whole thing.


OK I cleared it and Shockwave still crashes...
Der Zoodirektor
26243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 2/13/15
Did you recently update your graphics card drivers?
Posted 2/13/15
why does everyone have that kirito avatar?
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/15

shinryou wrote:

Did you recently update your graphics card drivers?


It should be, but I'll check just in case. or Justin Case will check..haha..get it? No? nvm...
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/15

shinryou wrote:

Did you recently update your graphics card drivers?


OK sorry for the delay. It turns out I read your question wrong...but no I didn't recently update my graphics card drivers.
1659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/15
OK, I have gone through every anime on my queue and it turns out Your Lie in April is now the only show that makes Shockwave crash.
You must be logged in to post.