First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Can't cancel reccuring payment
43654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

mbbrb wrote:

I have tried multiple times to cancel my account. I've already sent out an email to support with screenshots of the most recent cancelation email and proof of being charged a month later. My account still shows that I have the premium membership and recurring payments. My paypal used for this has now overdrawn my bank account. I'm very angry with the service or lack of it. I want a refund and for my account to actually get canceled. This will be the fourth attempt.


With paypal, you can stop any pre-approved subscription payments here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

Alternately to get to that location within Paypal, log in, then click the gear icon, then from there, the "Preapproved Payments" link
5009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
That still doesn't cover not being able to cancel the account or getting my money back.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15

mbbrb wrote:

That still doesn't cover not being able to cancel the account or getting my money back.


Did you send in a ticket via /contact yet?
5009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

shinryou wrote:


mbbrb wrote:

That still doesn't cover not being able to cancel the account or getting my money back.


Did you send in a ticket via /contact yet?


I sent a message to [email protected] to make sure you could see attachments showing that I canceled over a month ago and then charged again. Does this email not work? Is there not a support team that goes through the messages? I have also called and left voicemail.i can do that next but if no one will get in contact with me via email or telephone, how do I know that using the contact option will make a difference.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/1/15
If you don't send it through the form it will likely not end up in the correct queue internally. We don't have any ticket on file from the email account associated to your Crunchyroll account currently (except for the new one you just made).
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 12/1/15

mbbrb wrote:

That still doesn't cover not being able to cancel the account or getting my money back.

While it won't do anything about getting money back, it will cancel your account, as CR isn't going to continue your membership if they aren't getting money for it.

That method works for any type of continuing payments via PayPal, not just Crunchyroll.

215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
For some reason, cancelling the recurring method doesn't work for me. Can someone please manually cancel it?
I only need to "cancel member recurring payments" as I still have 10 days of credit left. I am paying again once I actually get the option to because it's not showing for right now.

I tried to do it myself earlier twice today but nothing happened even after it said that the recurring method was cancelled. I still can't pay right now because it says:


Sorry, you are not eligible for an upgrade at this time.


You cannot purchase this product while you have a recurring membership.


I tried the contacting option before in the past but never got a response. In fact, I have never got a response ever through the contact method since I've been on CR.

Thanks.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/2/15

stark700 wrote:

For some reason, cancelling the recurring method doesn't work for me. Can someone please manually cancel it?
I only need to "cancel member recurring payments" as I still have 10 days of credit left. I am paying again once I actually get the option to because it's not showing for right now.

I tried to do it myself earlier twice today but nothing happened even after it said that the recurring method was cancelled. I still can't pay right now because it says:


Sorry, you are not eligible for an upgrade at this time.


You cannot purchase this product while you have a recurring membership.


I tried the contacting option before in the past but never got a response. In fact, I have never got a response ever through the contact method since I've been on CR.

Thanks.


Your Paypal subscription is now non-recurring.
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

shinryou wrote:

Your Paypal subscription is now non-recurring.


Indeed. However when I try to pay, it says:


Sorry, you are ineligible because you already had a free trial or are currently a Premium Member.


In the past, I was able to pay in advance and it showed that I had a "pre-paid status"
I am unable to pre pay right now because it shows that message.

Edit: when I try to pay with paypal, it gives me 404 message before confirmation screen.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/2/15
You will only be able to order once the current membership expires. We switched our Paypal system a few months ago, and the new one does not support pre-paying any more.
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15

shinryou wrote:

You will only be able to order once the current membership expires. We switched our Paypal system a few months ago, and the new one does not support pre-paying any more.


When was this though? Because I was able to pay around August or maybe September this year.

Right now, I get this error page when I try to "change payment" plan.


Also, would the 'gift friend' option work to purchase membership for prepaid credit?
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/4/15
Around that time. Yeah, gift memberships will stack as prepaid.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15
Hello. I just got paid a 7 AUD subscription to Crunchy Premium but I will let that slide. However I don't want to pay anymore in the future since I don't really watch a lot of anime.

I already contacted Crunchyroll support to cancel my subscription and end when the payment expires. I have tried cancelling but the sign is still there the billing date renewal is still there. I don't want to get paid again. Also tried ending the recurring payment but it won't let me like a lot of other people have tried.

Already cancelled via Paypal but I don't know if that actually works. I would like to know if my membership has been cancelled because I can still see it as a recurring payment and the next payment is on Jan 4.
17013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
I am having a similar issue. I cancelled, (well at least I thought I did) sometime last month only to check my credit card to see another charge today December 5th. Now I'm trying to cancel my recurring payment and it won't let me.

I keep getting this message after I respond to all 4 questions and click on the "Submit and Cancel Membership" button at the bottom. I may not cancel my membership at this time...really? I'm sure you can see the last time I actually used this service, it was sometime early last month. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
58678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/5/15

daquijones wrote:

I am having a similar issue. I cancelled, (well at least I thought I did) sometime last month only to check my credit card to see another charge today December 5th. Now I'm trying to cancel my recurring payment and it won't let me.

I keep getting this message after I respond to all 4 questions and click on the "Submit and Cancel Membership" button at the bottom. I may not cancel my membership at this time...really? I'm sure you can see the last time I actually used this service, it was sometime early last month. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.


If you haven't yet, you should /contact customer support to open a support ticket. You likely have a pending charge on your account.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.