Post Reply One Piece DVD
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
So got a question here, I'm planning on getting my nephew one piece dvds, basically start from the start for him since he really does like that show. What is the best way to get them, is in the collection sets or the Voyage sets? Which ones work better?
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 2/15/15

pvcconvoy wrote:

So got a question here, I'm planning on getting my nephew one piece dvds, basically start from the start for him since he really does like that show. What is the best way to get them, is in the collection sets or the Voyage sets? Which ones work better?


The Collections will get you more episodes for cheaper, but the Voyages are released first, so you won't be able to buy up to the currently released episodes without getting into the Voyage releases.
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

eyeofpain wrote:


pvcconvoy wrote:

So got a question here, I'm planning on getting my nephew one piece dvds, basically start from the start for him since he really does like that show. What is the best way to get them, is in the collection sets or the Voyage sets? Which ones work better?


The Collections will get you more episodes for cheaper, but the Voyages are released first, so you won't be able to buy up to the currently released episodes without getting into the Voyage releases.


I'm thinking I'll just go with the collections for one I can't find voyage one, and two I don't know how long it will take for him to get to where we are in the show, or rather me getting them for him. Also i guess as a follow up question, it would be okay for a six year old right?
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 2/15/15

pvcconvoy wrote:

Also i guess as a follow up question, it would be okay for a six year old right?


It might be a little out of his age range. The show is aimed at 12-16 year olds and older. There's a character who regularly smokes, occasional fanservice, and lots of violent action with bloodshed. I would suggest consulting their parents, and showing them a representative episode (perhaps from late in the Arlong Park Arc) to see if they think it's appropriate for their kid.
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

eyeofpain

It might be a little out of his age range. The show is aimed at 12-16 year olds and older. There's a character who regularly smokes, occasional fanservice, and lots of violent action with bloodshed. I would suggest consulting their parents, and showing them a representative episode (perhaps from late in the Arlong Park Arc) to see if they think it's appropriate for their kid.


I dunno, i mean his dad had him watch buffy the vampire slayer.
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 2/15/15

pvcconvoy wrote:


eyeofpain

It might be a little out of his age range. The show is aimed at 12-16 year olds and older. There's a character who regularly smokes, occasional fanservice, and lots of violent action with bloodshed. I would suggest consulting their parents, and showing them a representative episode (perhaps from late in the Arlong Park Arc) to see if they think it's appropriate for their kid.


I dunno, i mean his dad had him watch buffy the vampire slayer.


Yeah, that's definitely not a kid's show, and I don't think anything in OP would be worse than stuff in Buffy.
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

eyeofpain

Yeah, that's definitely not a kid's show, and I don't think anything in OP would be worse than stuff in Buffy.


Yea, Its just an idea, I'm either getting him that or a Chopper plush.
You must be logged in to post.