Post Reply Query on CR points
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Online
Posted 2/15/15
In this thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806747/quick-answers-for-common-questions it says this about CR points:


1000 points for each month as a Premium Member


This ain't true or is broken for me.

Also: I've noticed some regular users with tall avatars--100x300 or so. These users seem to also have several tens of thousands of CR Points. Are these two things related?
25272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15

evilotakuneko wrote:

In this thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806747/quick-answers-for-common-questions it says this about CR points:


1000 points for each month as a Premium Member


This ain't true or is broken for me.

Also: I've noticed some regular users with tall avatars--100x300 or so. These users seem to also have several tens of thousands of CR Points. Are these two things related?


That function has been turned off for whatever reason. It's been like that for a few months now. Hopefully it will be turned back on soon.

Answer to other question
Have those users been users for years? Chances are thats reason why they have so many CR points
43672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

evilotakuneko wrote:
This ain't true or is broken for me.

It's broken for everyone, along with capturing the count of views of your profile, and a couple of achievement badges. Somewhere else, it was said some of this has been turned off for dev testing, which may be true, but whether it will remain as-is, or be turned back on, or evolve into something else remains to be seen; certainly they have not announced any intentions, and I seriously doubt that they will say anything official about it, if/until something has been completed.

Also: I've noticed some regular users with tall avatars--100x300 or so. These users seem to also have several tens of thousands of CR Points. Are these two things related?

Avatars used to be allowed to be large in the past, but now everyone is limited to a small size for uniformity. Those with large avatars are grandfathered in for now, but if they were to change them, they would face the same limits as everyone new.

Over time, CR points have up to large numbers, but without the 1000 per month being active (which broke at times in the past, too) they will build very slowly now. The avatars and points are only slightly related because of time passing, and what used to be in place but no longer is, not due to a direct cause and effect.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
What are CR points good for anyways?
43672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15

narutosonic330 wrote:

What are CR points good for anyways?


You need 500 to start a thread (outside of the help forums) or start a group. After that, they are essentially meaningless, except for being merely a rough indication of either how active you are, or how long you have been here, or both.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Online
Posted 2/15/15
Hmm. So that's the deal then. Guess that old wizard hasn't changed his avatar in forever.


narutosonic330 wrote:

What are CR points good for anyways?


See the thread I linked.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

asharka wrote:


narutosonic330 wrote:

What are CR points good for anyways?


You need 500 to start a thread (outside of the help forums) or start a group. After that, they are essentially meaningless, except for being merely a rough indication of either how active you are, or how long you have been here, or both.


I've made this account back in 2006, I don't understand how everyone has over 20,000 what in the world.
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Roanpur, Thailand
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

asharka wrote:


evilotakuneko wrote:
This ain't true or is broken for me.

It's broken for everyone, along with capturing the count of views of your profile, and a couple of achievement badges. Somewhere else, it was said some of this has been turned off for dev testing, which may be true, but whether it will remain as-is, or be turned back on, or evolve into something else remains to be seen; certainly they have not announced any intentions, and I seriously doubt that they will say anything official about it, if/until something has been completed.

Also: I've noticed some regular users with tall avatars--100x300 or so. These users seem to also have several tens of thousands of CR Points. Are these two things related?

Avatars used to be allowed to be large in the past, but now everyone is limited to a small size for uniformity. Those with large avatars are grandfathered in for now, but if they were to change them, they would face the same limits as everyone new.

Over time, CR points have up to large numbers, but without the 1000 per month being active (which broke at times in the past, too) they will build very slowly now. The avatars and points are only slightly related because of time passing, and what used to be in place but no longer is, not due to a direct cause and effect.


This explains a few things my old account (which I couldn't remember the username for due to inactivity) had these problems about profile views not showing etc. The ones with big avatars are going to get their jimmies rustled if CR ever bothers to fix the uniformity.
Old forum members always wear these types of differences like a badge of honour.
43672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

narutosonic330 wrote:
I've made this account back in 2006, I don't understand how everyone has over 20,000 what in the world.

Paid memberships used to get the 1000 per month, so if you were a free member until just recently, or only paid for premium occasionally, you wouldn't have gotten them other than making posts and such. It even may have been broken even longer than I realized... I've been paying for an annual membership since sometime in 2012, so I was picking them up at a rate of ~12000 per year until they stopped, not that I care all that much, it's just I obsess over details sometimes...
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Roanpur, Thailand
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15
I wouldn't care about not gaining CR points even as a paid member but at the same time you know your forum is screwed up when some areas require at least 500 CR points to post in. Granted I have over a 1000 posts on another forum but it took me nearly two years of mostly regular visits to get too.
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

evilotakuneko wrote:

Also: I've noticed some regular users with tall avatars--100x300 or so. These users seem to also have several tens of thousands of CR Points. Are these two things related?

As others have mentioned, CR used to allow larger avatars. Unfortunately, while there was a suggested limit at the time, the system actually allowed people to upload ridiculously long avatars, which was the reason behind the change to the current size. Users with existing avatars were grandfathered in (although I believe they did try to weed out the ones that went beyond suggested limits), but only until the next time they edit their avatar.

One Punch Mod
85956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

ExtraMana wrote:

I wouldn't care about not gaining CR points even as a paid member but at the same time you know your forum is screwed up when some areas require at least 500 CR points to post in. Granted I have over a 1000 posts on another forum but it took me nearly two years of mostly regular visits to get too.


From what I can tell, premium members can start forum topics in any of the forums even without the 500 points.

I don't have any details or time frame, but I know the possibility of changing the point requirement for starting threads for non-premium members has come up in some conversations, and I personally hope something does happen eventually in that regard. In the meantime, while simply spamming forums and posts is not allowed, there are a number of threads where it's pretty easy to respond on topic with fairl low time and effort required. For example, in the polls forum you get a point just for answering each poll, and then you'd get points for posting if you also make a brief reply regarding your poll answer.

3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Roanpur, Thailand
Offline
Posted 2/16/15

lorreen wrote:


ExtraMana wrote:

I wouldn't care about not gaining CR points even as a paid member but at the same time you know your forum is screwed up when some areas require at least 500 CR points to post in. Granted I have over a 1000 posts on another forum but it took me nearly two years of mostly regular visits to get too.


From what I can tell, premium members can start forum topics in any of the forums even without the 500 points.

I don't have any details or time frame, but I know the possibility of changing the point requirement for starting threads for non-premium members has come up in some conversations, and I personally hope something does happen eventually in that regard. In the meantime, while simply spamming forums and posts is not allowed, there are a number of threads where it's pretty easy to respond on topic with fairl low time and effort required. For example, in the polls forum you get a point just for answering each poll, and then you'd get points for posting if you also make a brief reply regarding your poll answer.



Itsa broken system for sure.
You must be logged in to post.