First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Daily reminder that your life revolves around consuming fossil fuels.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/16/15
The computer you are using to view this message is made from plastics, which are derived from petroleum. The food you eat was produced by fossil fuel energy. There are 7 to 10 calories of fossil fuel energy used to produce every calorie of food in the industrialized world. So, yes you are literally eating fossil fuels. You want proof of this? Here it is.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/100303_eating_oil.html

^^^The above link verifies my claim that 7 to 10 calories of fossil fuel energy are expended to produce every calorie of food in the industrialized world.

Virtually everything in the modern world is either made of petroleum or transported with petroleum. Look at everything in your house. It is either made of petroleum or transported to a store (where you bought it) because of petroleum-based transport.

The electricity you are using is probably derived from fossil fuels too. It was probably produced by coal or natural gas. If you were lucky, it might have been produced by nuclear or hydroelectric power. But I seriously doubt the electricity you are using was derived from renewable sources like wind or solar energy.

The modern industrial way of life is impossible without oil and other fossil fuels. We take fossil fuels for granted. Our entire life revolves around consuming fossil fuels. But fossil fuels are nonrenewable, and we will eventually have not enough fossil fuels for our use. Without fossil fuels, industrial civilization will quite literally collapse. There are currently no suitable replacements for fossil fuels, particularly oil. Without fossil fuels, you would be living like people did during the Middle Ages. Pretty much everything you take for granted would cease to exist without fossil fuels .

I don't care if you deny peak oil and its consequences. But peak oil is real, and it will cause the collapse of industrial civilization because industrial civilization cannot function without oil. Within another 20 years, industrial civilization will cease to exist. Our modern civilization is only a few decades away from collapsing, yet most people are unaware of this. Fortunately, some people, like me, are aware of this, and have taken preparations to survive this collapse of industrial civilization.

Denying this message will do you no good. You can either adapt and survive or perish along with industrial civilization .

Before you say I haven't done my homework, let me tell you this. I have done my homework. I realized industrial civilization is going to collapse within another 2 decades. People denying peak oil and its consequences have not done their homework. Being ignorant does not win you debates. Besides, I don't debate with fools. If you ignore this message, all I say is "too bad for you. You don't deserve to live. The only reason you exist is because of oil. And when oil goes away, you will also perish with it."

The funny fact is most of the people on this forum and around the world wouldn't exist if oil wasn't exploited. The world population exploded from 1.6 billion in 1900 to over 7 billion in the early 21st century as a result of oil. Over 5 billion people living today wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for oil-powered agriculture. So yes, the reason you exist on this planet is probably because of oil. Without oil, you will probably not exist on this planet because oil is the primary reason we can support our current population. Without oil, the majority of the human race would cease to exist because oil-based agriculture is the primary reason for the population explosion.

Instead of remaining ignorant about the world and making stupid assumptions, read this book on peak oil and the collapse of industrial civilization.

http://www.unicamp.br/fea/ortega/eco/traducao-DieOff.pdf

By reading the above book, you can learn a thing or two that might help you survive the end of the age of oil. By educating yourself about peak oil, you can help yourself survive the end of the oil age. By remaining ignorant about peak oil and its consequences, you will cease to exist in another 20 years when oil supplies can no longer met our demands.

Before making ignorant replies about me being wrong, why don't you stop being stupid, and do some research yourself. Peak oil is no conspiracy theory. It is a fact. It is science. And the fate of industrial civilization is also verified by science. It has no future.

So please educate yourself on the subject of peak oil, and realize that industrial civilization is doomed as a result of peak oil. I can't do all of the work for you. Of course, if you remain to ignore peak oil and its consequences, you probably don't deserve to exist, and you will cease to exist within the next 20 or 30 years as peak oil destroys our modern civilization.

Posted 2/15/15
I enjoy it.

Join us.
7691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Basketball Court
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
Thanks for opening up my eyes.
20792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
meh as long as using fossil fuels doesnt influence me in life and only destroys the world when im dead i dont care
15628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
I can't say I truly read your entire post, but I did notice "peak oil" constantly popping up. I have no issue with the fact that there is a "peak oil", but I do have issue whenever someone puts a number on it. "Peak oil" was 20 years, 20 years ago. It was 30 years, 10 years ago. No one truly knows what that number is, and I don't think they ever will. Not to say I don't think it's wise to invest in other energy sources (nuclear being a personal favorite), but please don't pull a number out on me for it.
48409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
I wouldn't mind living like people did in the middle ages...
Some people in my family were still living in huts during the 1970's
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
Hello again, I see you're having fun.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

I wouldn't mind living like people did in the middle ages...
Some people in my family were still living in huts during the 1970's


What country are you from?
9376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
Soooooo.....what you expect everyone to just stop using oil?
48409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

DesuMaiden wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

I wouldn't mind living like people did in the middle ages...
Some people in my family were still living in huts during the 1970's


What country are you from?

Mexico
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15
Everyone, rend the clothing from your bodies and flee to the forests as quickly as your legs will carry you! Ever since that scourge we call petroleum was first extracted from the ground we as a species lost sight of our true purpose in life: to feed stronger, faster, dumber animals! Lay down your firearms, abandon your houses, and never again seek to improve your lives with that wretched thing we call technology! We are but beasts, and so must we live!
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

narfington wrote:

Soooooo.....what you expect everyone to just stop using oil?


I never said that. What I said is to become less and less reliant on oil as oil becomes scarcer over the next couple of decades. Eventually, you will have to figure out how to live without oil.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/15/15
Fails to mention every day some scientist is working to improve efficiency and/or find new means of using resources to substitute our current fossil fuel needs. Estimation on our fossil fuel reserves and potential always jumps around. There is no absolute number, no 20 years until society's collapse.

Besides, if shit hits the fan, we can always elect Sarah Palin.
13650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 2/15/15 , edited 2/15/15
I've no children and not likely to have any.

Peak oil means little to me. Perhaps in my old age I'll pay more for gas, but I hope by then, hybrids and full-electrics will be better and more practical.

I don't have the skills or the influence to do anything about it, so I'll leave it to the young and parents to worry about.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/15/15

evilotakuneko wrote:

I've no children and not likely to have any.

Peak oil means little to me. Perhaps in my old age I'll pay more for gas, but I hope by then, hybrids and full-electrics will be better and more practical.

I don't have the skills or the influence to do anything about it, so I'll leave it to the young and parents to worry about.


Electric cars and hybrids are not going to save the world. First of all, even if we hybridized every car on the road, we will still be consuming the same amount of oil we do right now in another 5 to 7 years, because every passing year the economy grows and we need to consume more and more oil. Also, electric cars are not going to save the day because electricity is not an energy source. Electricity is generated by burning or using some other energy source. And since the majority of the electricity in the world is generated by fossil fuels (coal and natural gas), it makes little sense to use electric cars, since they are still reliant on fossil fuels. The overwhelming majority of electricity in the world is generated by fossil fuels and nuclear energy, which are both nonrenewable, and electric cars running on electric sources, which are nonrenewable, will still be useless. Unless we can run all of our electricity on renewable sources, electric cars will do us no good.

Peak oil matters much more than most people realize. Peak oil also means peak food, since modern agriculture is totally reliant on fossil fuels. When fossil fuels decline in production so will food production. When oil becomes more expensive, so will food become more expensive, since all our food is either produced and/or transported by oil. When oil becomes too scarce, we will very likely encounter famine on a scale never before experienced by the human race.

Let me show you this link to emphasis the importance of fossil fuels in modern food production.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/100303_eating_oil.html

The following quote is especially important.


None of this research considers the impact of declining fossil fuel production. The authors of all of these studies believe that the mentioned agricultural crisis will only begin to impact us after 2020, and will not become critical until 2050. The current peaking of global oil production (and subsequent decline of production), along with the peak of North American natural gas production will very likely precipitate this agricultural crisis much sooner than expected. Quite possibly, a U.S. population reduction of one-third will not be effective for sustainability; the necessary reduction might be in excess of one-half. And, for sustainability, global population will have to be reduced from the current 6.32 billion people to 2 billion-a reduction of 68% or over two-thirds. The end of this decade could see spiraling food prices without relief. And the coming decade could see massive starvation on a global level such as never experienced before by the human race.


Our population will decline to a much lower level when fossil fuels become too scarce. The only reason we can feed our current population is with fossil fuels. The primary reason our population exploded from 1.6 billion in 1900 to over 7 billion in the early 21st century is because of fossil fuel based agriculture. When fossil fuels become too scarce, food production will go down. And when food production goes down, the population declines along with it.

Fossil fuel and oil depletion is a much more serious issue than most people think. Literally billions of people will starve to death when fossil fuels become too scarce because modern agriculture is the use of land to convert petroleum into food. Without petroleum, we cannot feed our current population. Fossil fuel depletion = starvation of billions of people = death of billions of people.

Peak oil is the most important issue facing mankind in the 21st century. And there is no solution to it. The links I showed in the opening post of this thread tell you why this issue is so urgent.

The following book says why oil depletion is such a serious issue. And explains why the population will decrease as a result of peak oil.

http://www.unicamp.br/fea/ortega/eco/traducao-DieOff.pdf
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.