First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Welcome/Sign-In
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 6/16/15 , edited 6/16/15

habit456 wrote:


mdmrn wrote:


habit456 wrote:

Hello my name is Josh and I'm 22 years old. I'm happy to see a Christian group in Crunchyroll. Denominationally, I'm an Orthodox Christian but more importantly I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ. Anime is great and I've been watching it for more years than I haven't.

Awesome! Welcome aboard and feel free to join the discussions! Glad to have another young believer in the group.


Thanks. It's not often that I'm called young. Especially on an anime website lol. I'm called an old fart more often

I'm nearly 32...you're a youngster
Posted 7/12/15
Hello everyone my name is Tim and I'm 21 years old. I have been a christian for about 5 years now. I live in southern California and play the the bass guitar at Harvest Christian Fellowship. I'm new to both Anime and Chrunchyroll. Hope to meet some great people here.
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/13/15

VIRTUOSO_TZX wrote:

Hello everyone my name is Tim and I'm 21 years old. I have been a christian for about 5 years now. I live in southern California and play the the bass guitar at Harvest Christian Fellowship. I'm new to both Anime and Chrunchyroll. Hope to meet some great people here.
Welcome aboard! Feel free to join in all the discussions we have going on here and...to create your own
Christian
5060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
Hello everyone glad to be a part of this group. I'm 32, from ca, and have been a believer (non-denominational) all my life. Up until recently i was very passive in my faith but i've begun participating in small groups, serving on our worship and production team, and practicing daily devotionals. Really been getting a lot out of it and i'm looking forward to growing with you all some more!
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

analoguesignal wrote:

Hello everyone glad to be a part of this group. I'm 32, from ca, and have been a believer (non-denominational) all my life. Up until recently i was very passive in my faith but i've begun participating in small groups, serving on our worship and production team, and practicing daily devotionals. Really been getting a lot out of it and i'm looking forward to growing with you all some more!

That's wonderful! Welcome to the group and feel free to jump into our discussions on faith & anime!
Christian
15024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/14/15
Hello, I'm 20 and in Texas. I gave my life to Christ about 4-5 years ago. I was raised in a Christian home and my dad alone almost drove me away from the faith. I've been through a lot, growing up poor, managing to live with my parents currently middle-class. Losing my home to a flood about 2 years ago and building from scratch. I currently live as an anime lover and a hard working guy just trying to save up for his next anime convention. Having been on both sides of the poverty line really changes your view of things and I can say without a doubt my happiness is in Jesus and where there is hope, there will always be a way to be happy. Anime is just a huge plus since I admit I'm a bit of a closeted weeb.
Christian
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15
Eep! I am definitely the youngster here. Uh- not that any of you are old but- oh dear. What a great way to start dayle.
I am 15 and I go to a Christian church in Illinois. Not really sure what we're 'considered', but I just consider myself a Christian. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 8 years old at a Christian Camp and have been living like that ever since. I really am not the best at it, so sorry. Been learning for a long time now and have been really losing my balance.

I actually don't watch that much anime, but I've been trying to get into it more, although I can't promise much. I was introduced to it maybe a year ago? But have just recently started really watching it.

Erhmm- I think that's all? Can't promise I'll be on much, busy person, but I'll try! I feel like I could learn a lot ^-^
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

void_ wrote:

Eep! I am definitely the youngster here. Uh- not that any of you are old but- oh dear. What a great way to start dayle.
I am 15 and I go to a Christian church in Illinois. Not really sure what we're 'considered', but I just consider myself a Christian. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 8 years old at a Christian Camp and have been living like that ever since. I really am not the best at it, so sorry. Been learning for a long time now and have been really losing my balance.

I actually don't watch that much anime, but I've been trying to get into it more, although I can't promise much. I was introduced to it maybe a year ago? But have just recently started really watching it.

Erhmm- I think that's all? Can't promise I'll be on much, busy person, but I'll try! I feel like I could learn a lot ^-^

Eh, I'm double your age - you can call me old if you want

Welcome aboard! Feel free to jump into all the discussions and ask questions!
Christian
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Not telling :P
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
I'm Frank, and I'm from California. I've been a Christian for most of my life, and an anime fan for four to five years now.

Observation and analysis are my main reasons for watching anime (enjoyment and boredom being the second). I love the story lines of most of my anime, and the graphics are great!

The only real problems I have with some anime are 1) The perverted stuff, and 2) The use of Demons, Demon Lords, and other demonic worships. (a possible 3rd would be that some anime have people trying to pair up with "other species".)

Other than that, anime has not affected my faith at all, and I enjoy it to the fullest! I am a private writer, trying to publish my first book. It's not done yet. However, by studying these anime, I am able to figure out story lines and character descriptions easier. Anime is my muse, but God is my inspiration!
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/29/15

Powersurg wrote:

I'm Frank, and I'm from California. I've been a Christian for most of my life, and an anime fan for four to five years now.

Observation and analysis are my main reasons for watching anime (enjoyment and boredom being the second). I love the story lines of most of my anime, and the graphics are great!

The only real problems I have with some anime are 1) The perverted stuff, and 2) The use of Demons, Demon Lords, and other demonic worships. (a possible 3rd would be that some anime have people trying to pair up with "other species".)

Other than that, anime has not affected my faith at all, and I enjoy it to the fullest! I am a private writer, trying to publish my first book. It's not done yet. However, by studying these anime, I am able to figure out story lines and character descriptions easier. Anime is my muse, but God is my inspiration!

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us
Christian
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 10/1/15
Hey, since I have the world's most common name I don't mind giving it out. My name is christina. I found Christ at 16 or 17. I went many different denominations but I think I gravitate around Nazarene or baptist most of the time. Haven't been able to find a good church since the last one messed up so I go to the church of channel 2 on my TV. One of the only tv pastors that doesnt ask for money. I like to think outside the box with my faith but inside the circle. Originally i am new jersery but moved to tennessee. I currently work for att as a call rep. I watch anime since I was small and dbz and sailor Moon was on toonami. Obsession grew when I found out u can do it online too.
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 10/1/15

cmteta02 wrote:

Hey, since I have the world's most common name I don't mind giving it out. My name is christina. I found Christ at 16 or 17. I went many different denominations but I think I gravitate around Nazarene or baptist most of the time. Haven't been able to find a good church since the last one messed up so I go to the church of channel 2 on my TV. One of the only tv pastors that doesnt ask for money. I like to think outside the box with my faith but inside the circle. Originally i am new jersery but moved to tennessee. I currently work for att as a call rep. I watch anime since I was small and dbz and sailor Moon was on toonami. Obsession grew when I found out u can do it online too.

Welcome to the group Christina! Glad to have you with us. Feel free to jump into the other conversations here

How long have you been in TN? Do you enjoy living there?
Christian
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 10/1/15
Yes I fell in love with it when vacationed down there I had to move there. It was just so different here and I felt more at home here that nj. I have been here for nearly 9-10 years. But you would not be able to tell with my accent. I enjoy it a lot because some of the people down here are so much nicer.
Born Again Mod
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 10/7/15

cmteta02 wrote:

Yes I fell in love with it when vacationed down there I had to move there. It was just so different here and I felt more at home here that nj. I have been here for nearly 9-10 years. But you would not be able to tell with my accent. I enjoy it a lot because some of the people down here are so much nicer.

Ahh, very cool. Did you pick up the accent? Or did you keep your Jersey accent?

I'm originally from upstate New York and have lived in Baltimore now for 7 years with my Mrs. My accent is...still mostly upstate NY, with more y'alls than I had before. Surprised I haven't gone full Bal'more, hun yet
Christian
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Definitely still have the new Jersey accent. I speak words and everyone looks up. I thought at some point I would sound at least a little bit like I was from here but it never left.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.