First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Does it sometimes upset you when people mistakes personal opinions for facts?!
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/19/15 , edited 2/19/15
Let me know if a day like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.

Explain your personal opinion in great detail.

Enjoy!!!

22500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/15
I voted yes, but it's only when we talk about things I actually care about.
6197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / USA- Ohio
Offline
Posted 2/19/15
Not really. I think I'm good at keeping my cool. I just think of it this way.

If you can't even tell your own opinions apart from facts, you're already wrong.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/19/15

Hithiro wrote:

Not really. I think I'm good at keeping my cool. I just think of it this way.

If you can't even tell your own opinions apart from facts, you're already wrong.


Nice way to think about it.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/15
Torn between those that think their opinions are facts and those that think facts are opinions.

Then there's the propagandists.... Those that take some sort of statistic and build it up to be a huge deal.

"1 in ten people suffer from gingivitis in their lifetime!!!!" = 10% of people suffer from a problem over the course of 70-80 years.....know what I mean?
6491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/15
nope it does not. Whether the person mistook a personal opinion for a fact or didn't what they said is a statement regardless. What makes something personal opinion or fact in my opinion is, whether one believes its a personal opinion or a fact.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/15

MasakiTakeda wrote:

nope it does not. Whether the person mistook a personal opinion for a fact or didn't what they said is a statement regardless. What makes something personal opinion or fact in my opinion is, whether one believes its a personal opinion or a fact.


Ooh.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/20/15
Yes. Because personal opinions can be absolutely idiotic and contain no fact, yet young impressionable kids will see it as fact. Thus, Special Snowflake Sydrome continues to be an epidemic because of the misinformation being passed around like hotcakes, and kids refusal to accept anything from any other site besides Dumblr as relevant or true.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/20/15
Also irritates me when people think facts are opinions. One of life's main tasks is telling the difference, which is hard.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Yes. Because personal opinions can be absolutely idiotic and contain no fact, yet young impressionable kids will see it as fact. Thus, Special Snowflake Sydrome continues to be an epidemic because of the misinformation being passed around like hotcakes, and kids refusal to accept anything from any other site besides Dumblr as relevant or true.


Never heard of Special Snowflake Syndrome.
An9el 
28885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 2/20/15
no not really its not really worth geting all angry on the little things
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/15
Upsets me even more when I state my OPINION and some bozo decides to flame me as if I was quoting scientifically proven fact. People, learn what imho means plz!
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 2/20/15
Depends.
867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ihlok
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15

An9el wrote:

no not really its not really worth getting all angry on the little things


this.
it's too common in this world.
17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
I don't care what other people think or feel about me. If they mistake my words,that's there fault. I know what i meant and how i feel. Thats enough for me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.