First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What does everyone see in Kill la Kill?
21600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15
Kill la Kill is a great show, but overated for anime standards? I dont think so. I honestly thought it was better then Gurran Lagann. I think Kill la Kill deserves its praise much more then a lot of popular anime.
96 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Kentucky, USA
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15
The pack mentality eats stuff up. If enough people feel that disliking something makes them feel superior then it does not matter how much fo the point they miss. It's kind of like people who hate the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, some people like to buck the trend. That happens enough times and suddenly something that isn't so bad is trashed by a larger number of people because it is the in thing to do.
40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15
Mindless action, Gurren Lagann staff, and the notion of deep underlying meanings, last i recall. Social classes, fashion statements, something about "don't lose your way"...hmm maybe they spun that phrase to represent not losing your direction in life pertaining to Ryoko following her chosen path or blah blah.

I know what they see in the show, i just really don't care about their opinions. 6/10. I'm generous.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15

TheFightFan wrote:

The pack mentality eats stuff up. If enough people feel that disliking something makes them feel superior then it does not matter how much fo the point they miss. It's kind of like people who hate the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, some people like to buck the trend. That happens enough times and suddenly something that isn't so bad is trashed by a larger number of people because it is the in thing to do.


Good way to put it.


GoldTStar wrote:

Mindless action, Gurren Lagann staff, and the notion of deep underlying meanings, last i recall. Social classes, fashion statements, something about "don't lose your way"...hmm maybe they spun that phrase to represent not losing your direction in life pertaining to Ryoko following her chosen path or blah blah.

I know what they see in the show, i just really don't care about their opinions. 6/10. I'm generous.


You're so cool! Can I have an autograph?
Posted 2/23/15
When people go off about how the whole thing message behind KLK is deep and all these things I really think they're just putting their own biases and opinions into something that probably isn't exactly there. The reason Ryuko's and Satsuki's tits and asses are out is because HELL YEAH TITS AND ASSES not some deep 'feminist' commentary about how women should be free in their nudity or femininity or something. While there might have been some and while they may have tried to guise it as that they probably just really wanted to animate a girl's ass.

KLK had a good animation style, but it was just mostly whacky fun and I don't think it was meant to be looked at on a deep level. Not that there's anything bad about that, but I didn't care about it. I didn't like KLK, but it had some good points. I just think it's dumb how people parade around praising it for being 'feminist' when it objectifies the shit out of young girls and is meant to be sexually appealing to older men as these girls get the shit beaten out of them in these skimpy outfits, like, that is not something I'd see as entirely feminist.

Anyway, it wasn't the worst series either, but it wasn't the best either.
40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 2/23/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

Mindless action, Gurren Lagann staff, and the notion of deep underlying meanings, last i recall. Social classes, fashion statements, something about "don't lose your way"...hmm maybe they spun that phrase to represent not losing your direction in life pertaining to Ryoko following her chosen path or blah blah.

I know what they see in the show, i just really don't care about their opinions. 6/10. I'm generous.


You're so cool! Can I have an autograph?


No. You're annoying.

1572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / LoS ANGELES - cit...
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
Im going to say It the silliness of the concept and fan service actually has a reason for being there, (evil Clothes Monsters) so they don't wear much of it. But I want to say the main reason for this shows and the success. I think has to do with it reminds me so much of Gurren Lagann that I will fangirl the shit out of the show, I am even watching it on Cartoon Network, I know its bad but i like it
Posted 2/23/15
Watch Kill La Kill up to Episode 18.

Trust me. The fanservice might scare you off, but episode 18 is one of the biggest shocks i've ever had in an anime.

If you won't hold on for that long, then at least read my quick synopsis of episodes 1-18. You'll see what I mean. Kill La Kill ends up becoming a very different anime by the end.

Synopsis
21600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15

TheFightFan wrote:

The pack mentality eats stuff up. If enough people feel that disliking something makes them feel superior then it does not matter how much fo the point they miss. It's kind of like people who hate the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, some people like to buck the trend. That happens enough times and suddenly something that isn't so bad is trashed by a larger number of people because it is the in thing to do.


Sports is about the only subject where this applies in such a black and white fashion, this is a terrible example in this case.
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
I watched a few episodes and just wasn't interested enough to continue. I didn't find anything appealing about the characters introduced so far. There wasn't much plot to speak of and that outfit... it was just too ridiculous. I'm not that sensitive to fanservice. But I prefer the fanservice to work within the context of the story, not for the story to be wrapped around the fanservice. I set the series aside without any qualms. I don't have enough free time to watch every show I start if it's not entertaining me.

But then I saw how many best of lists the thing appeared on and the huge acclaim it's been getting. One of these days I think I'll have to actually finish it to see if there's something good there I missed or if people are just idiots.
16599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Gosford, NSW, Aus...
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
Another 'why do people like what i dont like?'
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
There are a lot of clever references scattered about which is very cool for an anime that's very VERY OTT. The writers clearly knew what they were doing beyond lolfanservice
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
I think you're looking into too deeply. It's a funny, fun show to watch.
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 2/23/15
I kinda agree on this. KLK was a good watch but the amount of fan service made me think that anime indeed has lost it's way. KLK would have been without the disgusting amount of fan service and would still have been good. You can't tell me im wrong, it's a good show.
But Sex sells. Trigger had to make some money out of it.
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/23/15 , edited 2/23/15

Charizam wrote:

When people go off about how the whole thing message behind KLK is deep and all these things I really think they're just putting their own biases and opinions into something that probably isn't exactly there. The reason Ryuko's and Satsuki's tits and asses are out is because HELL YEAH TITS AND ASSES not some deep 'feminist' commentary about how women should be free in their nudity or femininity or something. While there might have been some and while they may have tried to guise it as that they probably just really wanted to animate a girl's ass.

KLK had a good animation style, but it was just mostly whacky fun and I don't think it was meant to be looked at on a deep level. Not that there's anything bad about that, but I didn't care about it. I didn't like KLK, but it had some good points. I just think it's dumb how people parade around praising it for being 'feminist' when it objectifies the shit out of young girls and is meant to be sexually appealing to older men as these girls get the shit beaten out of them in these skimpy outfits, like, that is not something I'd see as entirely feminist.

Anyway, it wasn't the worst series either, but it wasn't the best either.


I don´t heard anyone, ANYONE, praise it for that, despite most of the boys and girls I know being huge fans of the show. IT´s just that I don´t know I single person (and I have dozens of friends/aquantainces), who are interested in feminism anyway.

I don´t either myself. I love fanservice, simply for being tits and ass. Always have , always will. I watch anime without it too, off course, but I like some T& A in my games and anime and yes, I do like ecchi harem series. My all time favourite anime is probably to love ru. Super-hawt chickies and tons of funservice, plus hilarious humor. It´s awesome. <3

That said, while I loved Matoi and co sexy tits and ass, and it´s fun to tsee the cosplays of it, I A) don´t think the show has a deep meaning at all like you say (WTF?!) and I got bored with it... I didn´t really like the animation, and something about the humour trew me off... even tough I love random anime, like another one of my favourites is lucky star. :D

But yeah, I love fanservice-heavy series like to love ru, highschool of the dead, highschool dxd, ichiban ushiro no daimaou, .etc etc I have watched and majorly enjoyed a ton of themn, and I have a 50 centimeter quite ecchi highschool of the dead wallscroll in my room with their clothes being ripped off and wet pantsu visible, so that isn´t the problem. XD the only thing I care, and probably ever will care about in an anime is if it´s fun . D:

what I mean to say is: I (thank god) don´t know the people who are saying that about kill la kill, I just thought it got boring soon XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.