First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Aoharu x Kikanjū Anticipation and Discussion
24885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/3/15
Episode 1: Let's Start This Deathless Death Match

Ohhhh Airsoft? Nice, would have never known. I actually didn't read the synopsis or anything cause I kind of wanted to jump into this thing blind and I am kind of glad I did. But I like it. BB guns and what not. I don't play professionally but its fun once in awhile.

The animation is beautiful, would have never expected it from this. Specially during the battle in the hall. Really excited to see how some of the larger scale battles will be animated.

I could totally tell that was Tsugumi's voice from Nisekoi, thus indicating the reverse trap. She got me the first time but she won't fool me again. But I like it how she gets flustered and stuff. I like her voice, Hotaru can be cute even if she does look like a guy.

I am looking forward to more. Looks like they might go to their first game next week. Surprised and excited for more.
tzivya 
51177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/3/15
Looks like this one is a no go for Australia. A shame, being trans I enjoy gender fluid characters.
41340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
Aoharu x Machinegun EP 1

I am not a big fan of traps but having a girl as a boy is interesting ! And she is tough XD
That poor club got thrashed and now has to join an airsoft team! XD It was fun and the music was very good!

Aoharu x Machinegun OP / "The Bravest Destiny" by Toy Gangan

Aoharu x Machinegun ED / "Gunjō Survival" by Mikako Komatsu

A good pick Mikako KOMATSU as Tachibana

Marika / Bodacious Space Pirates
Neko / K
Niseoki / Tsugumi

Tomoaki MAENO as Masamune

Death Parade / Decim
Yona / Hak

Masamune as Tohru

Food Wars / Soma
No Game No Life / Sora
SAO / Kirito

Thr rest of the VA cast makes this one of the best so far I've seen!
Posted 7/4/15

Swaggercandy wrote:

The animation is beautiful, would have never expected it from this. Specially during the battle in the hall. Really excited to see how some of the larger scale battles will be animated.


Well, it is being done by Brains Base, who in the past were known for some splendid and dynamic action scenes, like for example in Durarara and Baccano. They were the main reason I was excited for this and it doesn't look like it will be a disappointment in that regard


FLjerry2011 wrote:

Masamune as Tohru

Food Wars / Soma
No Game No Life / Sora
SAO / Kirito


Quick correction: Tooru is being voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, who really is in everything these days (Aki in Saekano, Arata in Trinity Seven and Bell in Dungeon, just to give a few recent examples). You got the right roles there, those characters are also being voiced by him, but you probably confused his name with Masamune's character name since the full version of that is Masamune Matsuoka.


Really liked that first episode
This was pretty high on my anticipation list and it certainly justified its place. I can already tell that I'm gonna enjoy this. It's Ouran meets Counter Strike
Okay, not really, but you get my point. It looks awesome, I am really enjoying all the characters they introduced in the first episode and I am certianly up for some good fun action with lots of potential sexual tension and density. More please!
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15
I LOVED the opening and ending to this show. Really dig it! As for the actual show, it's riding on an 'okay' for me. I enjoyed the premise. It made me think of Ouran a little bit. The animation was nice to look at and the character designs are actually pretty appealing. The BL service is going to be great with this one! A 3/5 for me!

I will head canon the main characters as a trans man til otherwise proven wrong, because right now, while the character might not state they're trans, Hotaro kind of does seem to be okay with presenting as a dude and doesn't seem to like being acknowledged as a female that much. I'm sure later on there will be a part dedicated to how they only dress like a guy cuz people were rude about them looking a certain way or something dumb, but for now, I will remain happily ignorant.


tzivya wrote:

Looks like this one is a no go for Australia. A shame, being trans I enjoy gender fluid characters. :)


If anything, considering the character presents as only one gender, it would be more likely they're a transman than gender fluid. Not that this series would actually include a transgender character and not like it'd ever get discussed.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15

Charizam wrote:

I LOVED the opening and ending to this show. Really dig it! As for the actual show, it's riding on an 'okay' for me. I enjoyed the premise. It made me think of Ouran a little bit. The animation was nice to look at and the character designs are actually pretty appealing. The BL service is going to be great with this one! A 3/5 for me!

I will head canon the main characters as a trans man til otherwise proven wrong, because right now, while the character might not state they're trans, Hotaro kind of does seem to be okay with presenting as a dude and doesn't seem to like being acknowledged as a female that much. I'm sure later on there will be a part dedicated to how they only dress like a guy cuz people were rude about them looking a certain way or something dumb, but for now, I will remain happily ignorant.


tzivya wrote:

Looks like this one is a no go for Australia. A shame, being trans I enjoy gender fluid characters. :)


If anything, considering the character presents as only one gender, it would be more likely they're a transman than gender fluid. Not that this series would actually include a transgender character and not like it'd ever get discussed.


I don't usually talk about this kind of stuff, it's hard to put into words sometimes. This is just my thoughts on it, cause discussion is fun.

I don't know if I'd say Hotaru's a transman. In the host club's scenes she starts to state that she is a girl, when the guy says to join the team because he 'always wanted a guy like him on the team', she thinks 'I dont know what to say first', and when he says no girls, she clearly thinks 'but Im a girl!'.

In the next episode she'd state this again
. Though how it'd translates to the anime iono.

She's into justice, and fighting, and is Intense, but she also gets depressed over her 'shape' with her and embarrassed at him talking about such things in front of her door - and the little blush at the finger shush.

She's just not a typical girl. Gender neutral or gender fluid maybe.

Just, I guess, the point is, I don't think there is anything wrong with a girl who likes to dress a certain way or acts atypical for the female sterotype (into fighting, ect.)

Why can't she be a girl who is just more comfortable in guy clothes?


There's a few chapters raw that may put light to it, but from the general direction and flow, I never felt that.


So I guess I could be wrong.
Posted 7/4/15

Sacae89 wrote:

I don't usually talk about this kind of stuff, it's hard to put into words sometimes. This is just my thoughts on it, cause discussion is fun.

I don't know if I'd say Hotaru's a transman. In the host club's scenes she starts to state that she is a girl, when the guy says to join the team because he 'always wanted a guy like him on the team', she thinks 'I dont know what to say first', and when he says no girls, she clearly thinks 'but Im a girl!'.

In the next episode she'd state this again
. Though how it'd translates to the anime iono.


I'm aware of this, and the character is not a transman til stated that the character would rather be a boy than a girl, but that doesn't mean that there aren't things she does that transmen do. When I was younger, before I knew I was transgender, I'd still say I was female and stuff while trying to look like a boy, because I didn't have words for what I was feeling.


Sacae89 wrote:
She's just not a typical girl. Gender neutral or gender fluid maybe.


Gender neutral is also possible, but gender fluid would mean to go between both gender identities and to switch them. They haven't been revealed to do that.


Sacae89 wrote:
Why can't she be a girl who is just more comfortable in guy clothes?


And why can't they be a transman? Not like it ruins anything. All it does is give representation to a group that barely gets any.

Not like such a discussion matters anyway. You will get what you want, I assure you, there is no way that this character will end up being a transman unless the author has some revolution. Hotaru will end up a girl who just dresses masculine and there will probably be some dumb explanation for it. Until that happens I can headcanon them however I want though.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15


Um, I didn't mean it in that way.

I'm not going to get what I want, cause neither way would be bad in my opinion. I'll be totally fine with Hotaru being transman if its that way. Hotaru would still be bloody awesome to me if that's the case.

I didn't say they couldn't be transman.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was saying it would be wrong if Hotaru was, cause that's totally not the case.

Edit: I'm just really odd talking about this stuff, cause I'm bisexual and had bad experiences talking about it to both sides.

One of my closet friends in highschool, and almost boyfriend, was transman

Edit 2: Also I forgot what handcanon means. So yes, either way is fine and could work really. So sorry for butting in.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
Well.. That was pretty interesting once i get past the opening. Definately not a fan of that one.

So we've got Hotaru who's a girl dressing like a guy for some reason or the other, has a hangup over breasts and her own err.. Vast plains but no mountains or even a foothill. An intense obsession with Justice and fighting evil-doers and acts before she thinks. also the student council president.

Has an airhead for a friend. Who more or less acts as the catalyst for it all as it sets off Hotaru to "avenge" her

Then we've got Masamune who's a playboy type that works as a host. Intelligent and imposing, yet also quite capable of being silly and playful. As seen when he "threatens" Hotaru with the toy gun at the host club.

A challenge goes off between the two, Hotaru shoots a lot, wrecks the club and loses though displays some sharp thinking and good movements. But a loss is a loss, in particular when you wreck the interior and thus is indebted to Masamune who puts him into the host club. No girls though.

We're also at the end introduced to a fellow with severe Ennui except for survival games.

So yeah. Nice action. Nice visuals, was quite funny, some nice well-executed gags and such. Still not a fan of the OP though. Nor the ED either really. Waay too.. Dramatical in a sense, for me. Oh well.
1368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / VA- Richmond
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
So, I'm really confused.
I tried looking for the manga to this (because I'm such a weeb and can't wait for the story to develop in the anime)
and I've found seishun x kikanjuu, it seems really closely based on each other, am I missing something?
seishunxkikanju seem to be about the same people with a different background/focus
42646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15

hiimjimmeh wrote:

So, I'm really confused.
I tried looking for the manga to this (because I'm such a weeb and can't wait for the story to develop in the anime)
and I've found seishun x kikanjuu, it seems really closely based on each other, am I missing something?
seishunxkikanju seem to be about the same people with a different background/focus


/anime-news/2015/03/23/cast-announced-for-seishun-x-kikanjuu-tv-anime

Apparently seishun (youth) is interpreted into aoharu (blue spring) somehow. I feel the same confusion.
47236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 1/3/16
Feels a bit like Ouran Highschool Host Club, except with more action.

Also, what is with this pointless gender debate? It's a girl cross-dressing as a guy, enough said.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15

hiimjimmeh wrote:

So, I'm really confused.
I tried looking for the manga to this (because I'm such a weeb and can't wait for the story to develop in the anime)
and I've found seishun x kikanjuu, it seems really closely based on each other, am I missing something?
seishunxkikanju seem to be about the same people with a different background/focus


Same thing. But not much is translated (up to chapter 3)

you may be slightly confused if the site has the info for the oneshot, but after that itd be the story you see here. Its on the same page.

6981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
This anime is like a combination of Assassination Classroom and Ouran HS Host Club with a little bit of Nisekoi. You might wonder why a little bit of Nisekoi? Because both Tsugumi and Hotaru share similar traits. The main trait is the tomboyish trait of both characters.

Anyways, this is the first anime from the Summer 2015 season I've watched so far. I like what I've seen so far. The battle scenes are intense, like in Assassination Classroom and the comedy sequences are great like in Ouran Host Club.
44750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
Not a bad first episode - Tsugumi with BB pistol should be a no contest really, if she had the same skills as from Nisekoi
Great animations during the fight - I look forward to more, which will inevitably come, given the survival game theme.

Hotaru is ridiculously strong for a girl, and her justice meter is over the top!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.