First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Aoharu x Kikanjū Anticipation and Discussion
53661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15
Ep 1

I am sold!, although I guess it would have been too much to ask that there were legit stakes at play, i.e. "real bullet" , but that would prolly hurt the target audience :p, I'll take what I can. A gun is still a gun action.
15389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/4/15

Sacae89 wrote:


ImperialDane wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Ahhhh the joy of a new season, new shows to watch.


Indeed. So much to watch and enjoy as one is thrown into new worlds. And of course things to discard as they turn out to be not that good. This one was close. That OP really goes against my grain. it was only after reading a review of the episode elsewhere that i decided to give it another go. And i was pleasantly surprised.

So can't complain in the end. These survival games do seem to feature more and more in anime. With varying degrees of success and involvement.



Im glad you got past the OP then! Pleasantly surprised is the reaction Im mainly seeing other places too (some others too, but eh).

Hopefully it continues to keep it up!



Depends on if it can keep it up or not. But if we get more of the action and more of the jokes. Then it'll be good

@Kdroberts: As i said. it REALLY went against my grain. Triggering my instinct to just drop it. It's hard to describe it further. I'm not going to defend it. Just pointing it out as it is a rather silly reason and i figured some people would find amusement in it.
5870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 7/4/15
This is like Ouran + C^3 to me. Didn't get into C^3 (mainly a character thing) but I LOVED Ouran.
98416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15

ImperialDane wrote:



Depends on if it can keep it up or not. But if we get more of the action and more of the jokes. Then it'll be good

@Kdroberts: As i said. it REALLY went against my grain. Triggering my instinct to just drop it. It's hard to describe it further. I'm not going to defend it. Just pointing it out as it is a rather silly reason and i figured some people would find amusement in it.


I think it can do that if adapted well. We'll just have to see.


Hahaha it is a funny reason to almost drop, but glad a review led you back.
15389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/4/15

Sacae89 wrote:


ImperialDane wrote:



Depends on if it can keep it up or not. But if we get more of the action and more of the jokes. Then it'll be good

@Kdroberts: As i said. it REALLY went against my grain. Triggering my instinct to just drop it. It's hard to describe it further. I'm not going to defend it. Just pointing it out as it is a rather silly reason and i figured some people would find amusement in it.


I think it can do that if adapted well. We'll just have to see.


Hahaha it is a funny reason to almost drop, but glad a review led you back.


Well i don't know the source material. So we'll have to wait and see. And i have dropped series before only to return later to them after reading a review and realise that i have made a mistake :p So i am hardly infallible. Why i read reviews just to be sure i didn't miss out on something.

Though sometimes a show is just bad or it's just not for me.
98416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15

ImperialDane wrote:




Well i don't know the source material. So we'll have to wait and see. And i have dropped series before only to return later to them after reading a review and realise that i have made a mistake :p So i am hardly infallible. Why i read reviews just to be sure i didn't miss out on something.

Though sometimes a show is just bad or it's just not for me.


I kind of know it? I read...ummm looked? at the raws hahaha

So I'm a little excited, clearly, but not all knowing.

Waiting and seeing is all we have.

LIES! you are totally infallible.
15389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/4/15

Sacae89 wrote:


ImperialDane wrote:




Well i don't know the source material. So we'll have to wait and see. And i have dropped series before only to return later to them after reading a review and realise that i have made a mistake :p So i am hardly infallible. Why i read reviews just to be sure i didn't miss out on something.

Though sometimes a show is just bad or it's just not for me.


I kind of know it? I read...ummm looked? at the raws hahaha

So I'm a little excited, clearly, but not all knowing.

Waiting and seeing is all we have.

LIES! you are totally infallible.


oh you

Anyways. Only one way to find about how good this series is in the long run. Watch and see.
98416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
Now the long wait till episode 2

Koda89 
34882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
I don't know this episode didn't really do anything for me and with how my schedule is looking this season it didn't impress me enough to stay in my queue. Dropping for now. If enough people say it is good I may return for but now....meh.
Posted 7/4/15

Sacae89 wrote:

Now the long wait till episode 2



this guy hits so many moe points for me already and i've only seen him for like 25 seconds total.
98416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15

Charizam wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:

Now the long wait till episode 2



this guy hits so many moe points for me already and i've only seen him for like 25 seconds total.


He hit so many points like the opening -



Sleeve-wave! lol So cute~

And his running style compared to the other two in the ending.

He has very moe moments,

I screenshotted a good amount of his moe faces when I looked at the raw.
20422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/4/15 , edited 7/4/15
Huh. Well, that was an interesting first episode. Hotaru is definitely an intriguing character, with her crazy strength and brazenness. It looks like the comedy aspect will be hit-or-miss for me, but the survival setup and the premise of characters with honed senses (Assuming Masamune and Hotaru aren't the only ones with enhanced abilities) is enough to hold my attention for now.
6089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/4/15
couldn't get into this show. very meh. I tried. it just didn't get setup right
33496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
This gives a very Ouran Host Club feel to the show. My wife, who adores Ouran agrees with me. So, if you love Ouran Host Club, I think you will like this show.
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/15
Well, I'm sure i'll like it way better than C^3. As an airsoft player myself I have cut C^3 a lot of slack in my attempt to like it since its the first anime based off my hobby, but the whole "obsession to win" mentality Yura went through just killed it for me. Its not that I'm against cute military girls either since i enjoyed Strike witches and Girls und Panzer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.