Post Reply Crunchyroll Limits
39034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Uk
Offline
Posted 2/27/15
Ok so I have seen the new Crunchyroll ad on youtube and I saw that they had OnePiece
I was like Crunchyroll don't display OnePiece what the hell is going on
But then I look up OnePiece on Crunchyroll to only find this message

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.!!

So what regions do Crunchyroll mainly have licence for then?
And how many other anime am I actually being restricted from seeing?

I know there is other anime that I watch on other sites that I THOUGHT Crunchyroll doesn't have
or maybe that my Region has just limits to what we can or cant see though Licensing

Anyone else's views on this??
31884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/27/15
Thats the way licencing rolls. Perhaps someone else siezed the One Piece license in the UK? Hence why CR can't show it.
Dutch Moderator
30797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 2/27/15 , edited 2/27/15
One Piece is licensed by Manga UK in the United Kingdom.
Unless Manga UK permits CR to stream it in the UK it's not going to happen.
Such is the fate for us Europeans when it comes to some series, if companies like MVM, Viz/Kaze, Dynamic and Manga don't give permission CR isn't allowed to stream it.
It's not something CR can do a lot about unfortunately.

That said, there is plenty the CR catalogue still offers us.
39034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Uk
Offline
Posted 2/27/15

Gah I bet CartoonNetwork?

But still Crunchyroll is an online network it's not a televised network so I cant see it being them
So really Crunchyroll needs to change the youtube adverts for the UK because it's false advertising

It bothers me a bit really, since I watch most my steaming on here and yet I still have to go other places of other animes
Onepiece is only 1 anime that I have noticed so far but if I were to start looking up other anime I watch on other sites
I bet Cruncyroll would have maybe 2-3 that just aren't licenced in the Uk and its just sad really that I'm having to miss out
39034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Uk
Offline
Posted 2/27/15

George_z wrote:

One Piece is licensed by Manga UK in the United Kingdom.
Unless Manga UK permits CR to stream it in the UK it's not going to happen.
Such is the fate for us Europeans when it comes to some series, if companies like MVM, Viz/Kaze, Dynamic and Manga don't give permission CR isn't allowed to stream it.
It's not something CR can do a lot about unfortunately.

That said, there is plenty the CR catalogue still offers us.


But that makes no sense MANGA is a huge company that doesn't stream but sells DVDs etc
How can they put a cap on animes when they are such a big company that supply
An they have licence of Onepiece why only the UK that victimizing the UK forcing to buy DVDs or so call

But that you for the information I will be reading up the agreement that Manga have with Onepiece
Dutch Moderator
30797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 2/27/15 , edited 2/27/15
Actually it does make a lot of sense.
While the consumer business for Manga is selling DVD and Blu ray anime, they own the full anime license for the UK region, which means that anyone that wants to broadcast (which includes web streaming) One Piece or other titles Manga has licenses for legally within the UK territories needs permission from Manga UK.
Something that can become quite costly.

Posted 2/27/15
obvious answer is USA... since this site is based in usa... they're gonna cater to the usa audience first... (and not to mention majority of their subscribers are from USA)

check the site news section, there's a thread that lists all available anime and what regions they're available to.

my question is... does UK have a free site for UK people? for anime not available in CR for UK?

in australia, we have a site (Madman/animelab) that picks up some titles that CR doesn't have licence for, like tokyo ghoul, death parade etc.
46431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 2/27/15

Markb2008 wrote:

Ok so I have seen the new Crunchyroll ad on youtube and I saw that they had OnePiece
I was like Crunchyroll don't display OnePiece what the hell is going on
But then I look up OnePiece on Crunchyroll to only find this message

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.!!

So what regions do Crunchyroll mainly have licence for then?
And how many other anime am I actually being restricted from seeing?

I know there is other anime that I watch on other sites that I THOUGHT Crunchyroll doesn't have
or maybe that my Region has just limits to what we can or cant see though Licensing

Anyone else's views on this??


http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/ Here ya go a legal site where you can watch OnePiece in the UK. Also, it's not false advertisement...
The Wise Wizard
102353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/27/15

Markb2008 wrote:

So what regions do Crunchyroll mainly have licence for then?

Per the original announcement:

One Piece will be available to Crunchyroll audiences in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.





TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/ Here ya go a legal site where you can watch OnePiece in the UK. Also, it's not false advertisement...

Animax UK does not stream One Piece.

46431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 2/27/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


Markb2008 wrote:

So what regions do Crunchyroll mainly have licence for then?

Per the original announcement:

One Piece will be available to Crunchyroll audiences in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.





TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/ Here ya go a legal site where you can watch OnePiece in the UK. Also, it's not false advertisement...

Animax UK does not stream One Piece.



They don't? Oh well, guess I should've looked instead of just assuming they have it based in a picture... :p
You must be logged in to post.