First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Bad Anime that You Love
8687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

eightcar wrote:


MagicalBlade wrote:

school days


No, that is a GREAT anime that gets unfairly dissed!

Seriously, many people complain about dense MC's in harems that act like they are scared of sex.

Makoto embraces it!

That is why School Days is awesome, for once, you see a harem MC do what MOST guys that age would!
( I say that age because at his age I would, at my age I know how much of a pain and vindictive women are and wouldn't dare do what he did! But at his age hormones would rule my thinking process)

Other than the "nice boat" School Days was pretty damn accurate of how a real life HS/college harem would go!


now are you saying that out of your own free will, or are you on the bandwagon?

no need to give me a whole explanation on why its good. i personally thought it was decent until that last part. and i never specified that the anime really was all bad, but from what i've seen, its one of the worst i've seen compared to others. then again, you don't have to listen to my opinion, so i'll be on my way now.

choo choo
8687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

Xylrot wrote:


MagicalBlade wrote:

school days


School Days isn't necessarily bad, but I believe it's in the wrong genre.
It could've been an awesome hentai, mostly because things make more sense once you put them in "hentai context".


to be honest, i really do agree with you. im just saying, that last part was a little too much.
Posted 2/28/15 , edited 2/28/15

Xylrot wrote:


MagicalBlade wrote:

school days


School Days isn't necessarily bad, but I believe it's in the wrong genre.
It could've been an awesome hentai, mostly because things make more sense once you put them in "hentai context".


If anyone wants a link to my cache of sex scenes from the visual novel, PM me.


Just saying. I assume X already has seen them all, but just in case anyone was wondering. The sex scenes are great, if only the only memorable thing about the franchise.
Posted 2/28/15

eightcar wrote:


MagicalBlade wrote:

school days


No, that is a GREAT anime that gets unfairly dissed!

Seriously, many people complain about dense MC's in harems that act like they are scared of sex.

Makoto embraces it!

That is why School Days is awesome, for once, you see a harem MC do what MOST guys that age would!
( I say that age because at his age I would, at my age I know how much of a pain and vindictive women are and wouldn't dare do what he did! But at his age hormones would rule my thinking process)

Other than the "nice boat" School Days was pretty damn accurate of how a real life HS/college harem would go!


Because all of us sex deprived 18 year olds can't hold it in. Seriously, get out of this thread old man. What you said is an extremely ageist stereotype that contributes to the older generation mistreating my generation. Just stop it, please. Stop acting like most 18 year olds aren't decent human beings.
57766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
The sex scenes are great, if only the only memorable thing about the franchise.


The dude leaves his tie on. I love the VN, but Makoto makes me facepalm.

On topic: I must have liked Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de to some degree, since I'm now reading the World War Blue manga (which is much, much better).
29030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Realm of Darkness
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

MagicalBlade wrote:

to be honest, i really do agree with you. im just saying, that last part was a little too much.


I had nothing against the last part, to be honest I believe that if something has a 18+ label I should expect it from both directions. Meaning both sex and blood violence.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Just saying. I assume X already has seen them all, but just in case anyone was wondering. The sex scenes are great, if only the only memorable thing about the franchise.


You got that right, though that happened just a few days ago, I think.
The Wise Wizard
102319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Because all of us sex deprived 18 year olds can't hold it in. Seriously, get out of this thread old man. What you said is an extremely ageist stereotype that contributes to the older generation mistreating my generation. Just stop it, please. Stop acting like most 18 year olds aren't decent human beings.

He did say "MOST" (in caps, no less), not all. Also, keep in mind that us old guys were once teenagers ourselves, and had the opportunity to observe other males our own age in our classes. I seriously doubt teenagers as a group have become more virtuous in the intervening decades.

I knew guys that acted decently toward females, weren't constantly trying to score, and if they were thinking dirty thoughts (like me at that age), kept them to themselves (like me at that age). I also knew guys that would had sex with every attractive female in sight if they could (with little care beyond that), and others that seemed to have sex on the brain so much they couldn't keep it from spilling out their mouths.
Posted 2/28/15 , edited 2/28/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Because all of us sex deprived 18 year olds can't hold it in. Seriously, get out of this thread old man. What you said is an extremely ageist stereotype that contributes to the older generation mistreating my generation. Just stop it, please. Stop acting like most 18 year olds aren't decent human beings.

He did say "MOST" (in caps, no less), not all. Also, keep in mind that us old guys were once teenagers ourselves, and had the opportunity to observe other males our own age in our classes. I seriously doubt teenagers as a group have become more virtuous in the intervening decades.

I knew guys that acted decently toward females, weren't constantly trying to score, and if they were thinking dirty thoughts (like me at that age), kept them to themselves (like me at that age). I also knew guys that would had sex with every attractive female in sight if they could (with little care beyond that), and others that seemed to have sex on the brain so much they couldn't keep it from spilling out their mouths.


I lambaste him for saying most. I'm not a very cynical person. A lot of teenagers are very scared of actually having affairs lulz. Most teenagers don't even have sex in the first place. Most teenagers like myself are virgins.
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/15
one piece

aside from being a horrible adaptation of the manga, shitty animation and having the worst pace of any shonen

I still love the anime

another one is Toriko

the adaptation is just so wrong in many levels but I still liked the anime

both one piece and toriko mangas deserve a better animation studio but I still liked their animes
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Because all of us sex deprived 18 year olds can't hold it in. Seriously, get out of this thread old man. What you said is an extremely ageist stereotype that contributes to the older generation mistreating my generation. Just stop it, please. Stop acting like most 18 year olds aren't decent human beings.

He did say "MOST" (in caps, no less), not all. Also, keep in mind that us old guys were once teenagers ourselves, and had the opportunity to observe other males our own age in our classes. I seriously doubt teenagers as a group have become more virtuous in the intervening decades.

I knew guys that acted decently toward females, weren't constantly trying to score, and if they were thinking dirty thoughts (like me at that age), kept them to themselves (like me at that age). I also knew guys that would had sex with every attractive female in sight if they could (with little care beyond that), and others that seemed to have sex on the brain so much they couldn't keep it from spilling out their mouths.


I lambaste him for saying most. I'm not a very cynical person. A lot of teenagers are very scared of actually having affairs lulz. Most teenagers don't even have sex in the first place. Most teenagers like myself are virgins.


The problems with characterizing Makoto as "realistic" go farther than his sex drive. There's also the issue of how he treats the women he sleeps with. Contrary to popular belief, most teenagers are genuinely good people that possess some level of empathy.
Posted 2/28/15
So, are we talking guilty pleasures here or Anime that we actually think of as good?

In terms of guilty pleasure there are a lot of series from my childhood which really don't hold up at all, but I honestly still love them, like all the Beyblade seasons except for G Revolution, that one iss actually decent, or Shaman King. But shows I think of as good that most people don't ... ehm ... I don't really know. I dislike a lot of shows most people like, but the other way around is hard. Digimon Tamers is one that comes to mind. It often gets dismissed as just another childish Digimon series, but it's actually pretty damn good. I love Inferno Cop, but people are rather split on that one. I guess I don't like enough things and most things I like are universally adored. I am just not special

I do hate School Days though. With a passion.
22309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/15
No OtakuKoala, this is our Battle!

Strike the Blood is my guilty pleasure. Even with its cheesy catch phrases, stereotypical harem, and derivative all powerful main character (was he the 7th Campionne or 4 progenetior), I still enjoyed it.
62809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 2/28/15
Bad? I guess Mirai Nikki and Valvrave are two of my favorites that are just burning rollercoasters. Really, really fun but don't think too hard about anything or you'll hurt yourself.

For some reason, I also agree that Strike the Blood (which is REALLY bad) was kinda fun (minus Yukina).
The Wise Wizard
102319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/28/15 , edited 2/28/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Most teenagers like myself are virgins.

The average ages for loss of virginity (16.9 for males, 17.4 for females in the US) would indicate most probably aren't by the time they legally become adults (and technically, even a 18 or 19 year old is still a "teenager", I'm focused on high school age and younger).

Keep in mind it is easier for that average age to be skewed older than younger, as it is far more likely for someone 28 to still be a virgin than someone 8 years old to not be.
Posted 2/28/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Most teenagers like myself are virgins.

The average ages for loss of virginity (16.9 for males, 17.4 for females in the US) would indicate most probably aren't by the time they legally become adults (and technically, even a 18 or 19 year old is still a "teenager", I'm focused on high school age and younger).

Keep in mind it is easier for that average age to be skewed older than younger, as it is far more likely for someone 28 to still be a virgin than someone 8 years old to not be.


Have you ever heard of the whole" Most criminals are black, but not all black are criminals" argument? I believe this applies here.

The percentage of high school students in the US who reported that they have ever had sexual intercourse dropped from 54.1% in 1991 to 47.8% in 2007 and to 43% in 2011.

http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/yrbs/pdf/us_sexual_trend_yrbs.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/health/teenagers-having-sex-are-now-a-minority.html?_r=3&

My claim is that most teenagers don't have sex, which is true, but I admit, it's a bit larger number than I thought it would be.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.