First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Bad Anime that You Love
31300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
School Days and Flowers of evil
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/2/15

rpgothic wrote:

Since I recently re-watched it - Battle Girls Time Paradox


I seen that anime and found it enjoyable.
13222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Manchester, New H...
Offline
Posted 3/2/15
World Break Aria of curse for a Holy Swordsman (The girls are interesting)

KissxSis (For reasons)

Rou Kyuu Bu! SS (No idea why I like it)

Oda Nobuna



62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/15 , edited 3/2/15
Gintama =p
26370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Future™
Offline
Posted 3/2/15

bathroom64 wrote:

Gintama =p


Well as long as you love it Bath

There will always be that one fan who keeps the fire alive
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/2/15 , edited 3/15/15
Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo. not a very good anime but i cant stop watching the stupidity.
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/15
Ghost Stories, it was supposed to be a serious story but the dub version made it hilarious.
7422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/15
There are plenty of shows I enjoy that lots of people think are bad. I moderately enjoyed School Days (gasp!), and enjoyed the hell out of Highschool of the Dead. Seriously, that show is ridiculous and honestly not that good, but I love it. There are others, but those spring to mind.
Posted 3/2/15

CaptainRehab wrote:

There are plenty of shows I enjoy that lots of people think are bad. I moderately enjoyed School Days (gasp!), and enjoyed the hell out of Highschool of the Dead. Seriously, that show is ridiculous and honestly not that good, but I love it. There are others, but those spring to mind.


Enjoy it or understand the meaning? I for one couldn't enjoy school days nor see how anyone else could. Saying it's good and enjoying it are two different matters.
7422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CaptainRehab wrote:

There are plenty of shows I enjoy that lots of people think are bad. I moderately enjoyed School Days (gasp!), and enjoyed the hell out of Highschool of the Dead. Seriously, that show is ridiculous and honestly not that good, but I love it. There are others, but those spring to mind.


Enjoy it or understand the meaning? I for one couldn't enjoy school days nor see how anyone else could. Saying it's good and enjoying it are two different matters.


I thought School Days was interesting and I moderately enjoyed it because of that. I think it was an interesting take on the harem genre. As one who got into the anime fandom with harem anime (but have since largely grown out of it), School Days was more interesting and enjoyable to me than for a lot of other people, I'd imagine. And you're absolutely right, liking something and thinking it's good are two completely different things; for me, School Days is a bit of both.
Posted 3/2/15 , edited 3/2/15

CaptainRehab wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CaptainRehab wrote:

There are plenty of shows I enjoy that lots of people think are bad. I moderately enjoyed School Days (gasp!), and enjoyed the hell out of Highschool of the Dead. Seriously, that show is ridiculous and honestly not that good, but I love it. There are others, but those spring to mind.


Enjoy it or understand the meaning? I for one couldn't enjoy school days nor see how anyone else could. Saying it's good and enjoying it are two different matters.


I thought School Days was interesting and I moderately enjoyed it because of that. I think it was an interesting take on the harem genre. As one who got into the anime fandom with harem anime (but have since largely grown out of it), School Days was more interesting and enjoyable to me than for a lot of other people, I'd imagine. And you're absolutely right, liking something and thinking it's good are two completely different things; for me, School Days is a bit of both.


School days for me was more of a modern tragedy if anything, in the vein of Romeo and Juliet and Grave of the Fireflies. That's why I find it hard to enjoy. I just don't enjoy watching bad stuff happen.
mnmike 
20135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/2/15 , edited 3/2/15
Let me define the question as "anime that I enjoyed that I wouldn't protest at all if other people called it bad":

My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy: Has exactly one good gag in the entire show and the ending was completely unsatisfying--but they told that one gag repeatedly and I laughed every single time.

Akeneiro ni Somaru Saka: Except for the all-to-brief interludes with the parents, there is nothing original in this harem rom-com, and I didn't even like which girl he chose... and yet for some reason, I don't care.

Hatsukoi Limited: Pure, unadulterated shoujo fluff, but it made me smile.
7422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/15 , edited 3/2/15

mnmike wrote:

Let me define the question as "anime that I enjoyed that I wouldn't protest at all if other people called it bad"


I like that version of the question, I'll use that if you don't mind. Yoink. But, I'll change "called bad" to "didn't like it".

So.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: A stupid, weird, raunchy anime that honestly doesn't even feel like an anime at all... which is part of the reason why I liked it, paradoxically enough. Also, one of the best English dubs around (better than the Japanese, even. Blasphemy, I know).

Dead Leaves: Probably the weirdest anime I've ever seen (even more so than FLCL), which is why I can completely understand others not liking it.

FLCL: Incredibly weird, so the reasons are basically the same as for Dead Leaves, but to a lesser degree.

Ergo Proxy: Slow paced, dreary and philosophical almost to a fault, I can understand why lots of people would dislike this show. I like it though, a lot, and I guess that's what matters.

Hellsing Ultimate: It takes a certain kind of... understanding, shall we say, to fully enjoy Hellsing. Stylized as hell, gory as hell, blasphemous as hell and sexual as hell, Hellsing Ultimate WILL drive some people away.

Inferno Cop: Literally THE dumbest, most cheaply made anime miniseries I've ever seen, and I love it. I don't even know if it's so bad it's good; it's just undefinable for me.
48236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/15

KingKaio wrote:


the_song_of_anime wrote:

Many people tell me my favorite anime is bad I like it though




Can you at least say what it is? Otherwise I'll have to assume you drew that yourself (with your opposite hand, blindfolded, in the backseat of a bus going down a dirt road)


Oh, it's Kemonozume. The animation is absolutely terrible. It's the same people who made Ping Pong the Animation if you've heard/watched that. It's a bit older, but the story is good. A bit mature though, there's sex scenes and violence and such, but nothing H-rated.
1039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
Sword Art Online
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.