First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
racism in hungry jacks
Posted 3/1/15
Adelaide, Australia: 19 years old man demanded that his food be made by a White person.. and started telling the Hungry Jacks employees to go back to their countries...

However, fellow customers decided to kick him out of the store using physical force, the man was later arrested by police.

Watch the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XbYRrneMM

more details here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2974209/I-want-white-person-moment-customers-kick-man-Hungry-Jacks-disgusting-racist-attack-innocent-staff.html

____________

Questions:
What do you think about the vigilante behaviour? Would you do the same? or would you say nothing?

____________

I personally experienced similar behaviour on a Sydney bus last week... and personally did not do anything... nobody in the bus did... until the bus driver got fed up and kicked the perpetrators out...
14927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 3/1/15 , edited 3/1/15
I think if more bystanders stood up to those arrogant, loudmouth racists, they would think twice about showing disrespect to people! Just think of how the employee feels behind the counter, trying to do his or her job and make a living. If that were me, I would be grateful for anyone brave enough to intervene on my behalf.

Would I step in? It depends on the situation. In that restaurant, the manager should have thrown the customer out. With everyone being lawsuit happy these days, we have to be really careful when picking and choosing our battles.
Posted 3/1/15

Pudding_Head wrote:

I think if more bystanders stood up to those arrogant, loudmouth racists, they would think twice about showing disrespect to people! Just think of how the employee feels behind the counter, trying to do his or her job and make a living. If that were me, I would be grateful for anyone brave enough to intervene on my behalf.

Would I step in? It depends on the situation. In that restaurant, the manager should have thrown the customer out. With everyone being lawsuit happy these days, we have to be really careful when picking and choosing our battles.


am not scared of lawsuits... am just scared of being in a physical fight as I've never been in one...

am grateful for these vigilantes though but want the courage to stand up for myself some day
31254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Brisbane
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
I feel ashamed to share a continent with people like that. Never seen anything remotely like this fortunately, given that I actively avoid the pedigree bogan in their natural habitat.

Feel your public transport experiences though. Never take a bus anymore unless I'm absolutely forced to. The highlight would have to be a physical assault out of the blue by a presumably psychotic stranger for apparently sitting in their favourite seat. I swear every second person involved with public transport is a nutter, a thesis which would certainly go some way to explain the bus schedules in my suburb...
14927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 3/1/15 , edited 3/1/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

am not scared of lawsuits... am just scared of being in a physical fight as I've never been in one...

am grateful for these vigilantes though but want the courage to stand up for myself some day


Knowing that 75 - 80% of people in Alaska own firearms, and a good percentage of those individuals either carry a gun on their person or in their vehicle is enough to deter crime and bad behavior in my state. We very rarely hear about a store being robbed, a person being carjacked, or a home being broken into (at least not while someone is in the house). If you start ranting at someone like at that restaurant, you never know if you'll suddenly be looking at the business end of a .357. Up here, even children are taught how to use firearms at an early age.
6467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Melbourne Australia
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
^^^ I am just ashamed as you are, I suppose you get the good and the bad where ever you go though in this world. I salute this vigilante, he did what majority wouldn't have done. I truly believe that we should stand up for all men and women, no matter the creed or colour. Now I feel like a whopper meal..
Posted 3/1/15
We have a phrase here for people who need to be taken care of like that. "Tune 'em up". You take them out back and "tune em up" a bit, and they'll never do that again.


Im not saying violence doesnt beget violence, because it does, but some people need to be whooped for a bit. Especially racist scum

82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
Things have vastly improved in this country - kicking the racist out of the store is a satisfyingly good story. I'm proud to be an American.
39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 3/1/15

dougeprofile wrote:

Things have vastly improved in this country - kicking the racist out of the store is a satisfyingly good story. I'm proud to be an American.



What does a racist getting kicked out of a Hungery Jack in Australia have to do with being proud your an American?

I've been told when in Japan "Shikata ga nai" so do as the Japanese do?
Posted 3/1/15
I don't support force unless it is necessary. Do they really have a right to break the law because someone else was being obnoxious?
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
Some people also take the racism thing too far, like using the racist card for any given possible situation, "Oh, I got a smaller drink than that white guy, it's because I'm Muslim, right?" (actual situation I witnessed yesterday night at a party).
82334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/15 , edited 3/1/15
I don't get physical with someone because of words. I would tell him to shut up or call the police, if he is looking like he might get violent.

Edit: On second thought, in a restaurant situation like that, where he is a patron, I probably wouldn't get involved at all unless he was looking like he might get violent. Then I would contact the police.
Posted 3/1/15

ssjwes1980 wrote:

What does a racist getting kicked out of a Hungery Jack in Australia have to do with being proud your an American?

I've been told when in Japan "Shikata ga nai" so do as the Japanese do?


was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to sound rude



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't support force unless it is necessary. Do they really have a right to break the law because someone else was being obnoxious?


hmmm i dont think he was being obnoxious. obnoxious would be... singing offkey, or yelling at your kids constantly.

his actions were more taunting and aggressive, which can psychologically damage someone. and personally believe physical force is OK when someone is taunting you...
Posted 3/1/15

ayesharocks wrote:

Some people also take the racism thing too far, like using the racist card for any given possible situation, "Oh, I got a smaller drink than that white guy, it's because I'm Muslim, right?" (actual situation I witnessed yesterday night at a party).


I think that person's joke just flew over your head.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.