First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
racism in hungry jacks
Posted 3/1/15

karmacide wrote:


mistletain wrote:


ayesharocks wrote:

Some people also take the racism thing too far, like using the racist card for any given possible situation, "Oh, I got a smaller drink than that white guy, it's because I'm Muslim, right?" (actual situation I witnessed yesterday night at a party).


I think that person's joke just flew over your head.


Maybe he took off the beer head.


I don't get it.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/1/15 , edited 3/1/15
Reminds me of how people avoid McDonalds run by Mexicans/Blacks and go to the ones in the wealthier neighborhoods that are run by whites.
21093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Adelaide, Australia: 19 years old man demanded that his food be made by a White person.. and started telling the Hungry Jacks employees to go back to their countries...

However, fellow customers decided to kick him out of the store using physical force, the man was later arrested by police.

Watch the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XbYRrneMM

more details here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2974209/I-want-white-person-moment-customers-kick-man-Hungry-Jacks-disgusting-racist-attack-innocent-staff.html

____________

Questions:
What do you think about the vigilante behaviour? Would you do the same? or would you say nothing?

____________

I personally experienced similar behavior on a Sydney bus last week... and personally did not do anything... nobody in the bus did... until the bus driver got fed up and kicked the perpetrators out...


If the racist person was not being physical then nobody should have been physical with them. If there is video, then each person putting their hands on that guy should be charged for it. Not being tolerant of someone else's intolerance is not an acceptable reason to take things into your own hands....regardless of what is believed or being said, you are just perpetrating the same mindset with the difference being the degree to which your enforce your own world view.

The Manager should have refused to serve him. Once insults started and if the guy refused to leave then the police should have been engaged. Finding this acceptable really just sets a bad precedence for mob responses. This is taking an easy to respond to black and white incident that is involving a grey issue. Who is to say that being racist is wrong? The same ones that say Gay is wrong? What happens when it's something that you don't feel is wrong but other people do and they decide to act on it...Does the majority win? Is it still such a black and white thing? (Not directed specifically at you).

This was a very interesting topic.
17225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 3/1/15

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

Reminds me of how people avoid McDonalds run by Mexicans/Blacks and go to the ones in the wealthier neighborhoods that are run by whites.
Nope, that's just you.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/1/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:


LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

Reminds me of how people avoid McDonalds run by Mexicans/Blacks and go to the ones in the wealthier neighborhoods that are run by whites.
Nope, that's just you.


Happens here all the time, different states are different.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
I'm not even sure anymore. Opinions are just confusing as always.
Posted 3/1/15


Oh right I googled beer head and understood it now. Which raises the question of why he was drinking alcohol. That shit's haram bro.
29868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/1/15

mistletain wrote:


ayesharocks wrote:

Some people also take the racism thing too far, like using the racist card for any given possible situation, "Oh, I got a smaller drink than that white guy, it's because I'm Muslim, right?" (actual situation I witnessed yesterday night at a party).


I think that person's joke just flew over your head.


He was dead serious. I laughed, but he shot me a look and walked away, drink still in hand.
Posted 3/1/15

ayesharocks wrote:


mistletain wrote:


ayesharocks wrote:

Some people also take the racism thing too far, like using the racist card for any given possible situation, "Oh, I got a smaller drink than that white guy, it's because I'm Muslim, right?" (actual situation I witnessed yesterday night at a party).


I think that person's joke just flew over your head.


He was dead serious. I laughed, but he shot me a look and walked away, drink still in hand.


What are you doing in a party with drinks at 14.
40013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HI
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
I think its great that we have people standing up for others, and that guy deserved that punch
4111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/15
I'm in Adelaide, made in Australia with local and imported ingredients.
This video is a great example of how polarising racism is in Australia.
Good thing is that most public racial outbursts normally get sorted like that, with some exceptions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZO6d0VT7gQ

on-top of that incident, when I see how some of the people of this country treated Indian students, Pakistani cab drivers, Filipino tradesmen, and Indonesian asylum seekers, I'm ashamed to be Australian.

But when I see Australians stand up to the racism that occurs right in front of them, when they let everyone know that racism is unaustralian, and not tolerable in our country, that's when I'm prouder than ever to be living under this flag.
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/15 , edited 3/1/15
The law is not always supportive of morality. Often, laws are in place for public policy. Laws are often broad and don't adequately address very specific situations.

A guy was doing something that most reasonable people would consider stupid. He got punished. That's all there is to it, making it satisfying. I couldn't care less where the actual punishment comes from, as long as wrongdoers are punished. Not necessarily lawbreakers, but wrongdoers.

I support what that guy did, even though I'm a law student, since preventing people from doing stupid stuff like the racist dude in the video is most effective when the pressure is coming from society, not from the government itself.
Posted 3/1/15

blind_fate wrote:

If the racist person was not being physical then nobody should have been physical with them. If there is video, then each person putting their hands on that guy should be charged for it. Not being tolerant of someone else's intolerance is not an acceptable reason to take things into your own hands....regardless of what is believed or being said, you are just perpetrating the same mindset with the difference being the degree to which your enforce your own world view.

The Manager should have refused to serve him. Once insults started and if the guy refused to leave then the police should have been engaged. Finding this acceptable really just sets a bad precedence for mob responses. This is taking an easy to respond to black and white incident that is involving a grey issue. Who is to say that being racist is wrong? The same ones that say Gay is wrong? What happens when it's something that you don't feel is wrong but other people do and they decide to act on it...Does the majority win? Is it still such a black and white thing? (Not directed specifically at you).

This was a very interesting topic.


having opinions on issues is not wrong, people are free to believe whatever they want and say whatever they want. but I think it's clearly wrong when you verbally abuse someone because of their race... sometimes verbal abuse can be just as bad as physical abuse... and police might not always arrive in time.

I wouldn't trust police or government 100%. even police can make mistakes...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.