First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply SPRING 2015 FAVORITES or Not !!
62818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Seraph of the End - The manga is fantastic and the fact that Wit is adapting it with a 5-star cast and crew makes me have a lot of hope. It's going to be a split two-cour so I pray that they follow the manga and allow for there to be a sequel in the future, like they did with AoT. I have faith in you Wit! If you fuck up, I might just cry.



Why you do this to yourself man?
63534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

bathroom64 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Seraph of the End - The manga is fantastic and the fact that Wit is adapting it with a 5-star cast and crew makes me have a lot of hope. It's going to be a split two-cour so I pray that they follow the manga and allow for there to be a sequel in the future, like they did with AoT. I have faith in you Wit! If you fuck up, I might just cry.



Why you do this to yourself man?


At this point I've already accepted that it'll fail, but I can't help but be excited anyways. Eventually this fucking curse isn't going to work one time so I will continue to be excited for my favorite manga adaptations. There is bond to be one that will be faithful and it could very well be Seraph.
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


bathroom64 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Seraph of the End - The manga is fantastic and the fact that Wit is adapting it with a 5-star cast and crew makes me have a lot of hope. It's going to be a split two-cour so I pray that they follow the manga and allow for there to be a sequel in the future, like they did with AoT. I have faith in you Wit! If you fuck up, I might just cry.



Why you do this to yourself man?


At this point I've already accepted that it'll fail, but I can't help but be excited anyways. Eventually this fucking curse isn't going to work one time so I will continue to be excited for my favorite manga adaptations. There is bond to be one that will be faithful and it could very well be Seraph.


Is Seraph actually that good? I heard that it turned rather generic after the first volume.
21091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 3/15/15
Digimon Adventure tri is on my watch list for Spring 2015. =D
3953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/20/15

Charlieandthetrollingfactory wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


bathroom64 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Seraph of the End - The manga is fantastic and the fact that Wit is adapting it with a 5-star cast and crew makes me have a lot of hope. It's going to be a split two-cour so I pray that they follow the manga and allow for there to be a sequel in the future, like they did with AoT. I have faith in you Wit! If you fuck up, I might just cry.



Why you do this to yourself man?


At this point I've already accepted that it'll fail, but I can't help but be excited anyways. Eventually this fucking curse isn't going to work one time so I will continue to be excited for my favorite manga adaptations. There is bond to be one that will be faithful and it could very well be Seraph.


Is Seraph actually that good? I heard that it turned rather generic after the first volume.


YES Seraph of the End is that good even after Volume 1. I can see the irritating comparisons being made to Bleach or Blue Exorcist and even Soul Eater. All my favorite anime and manga but the Seraph of the End series is a complete different monster. I kid you not.

I mean what is up with people trying to always make comparisons to one anime or manga to another. It sometimes get set apart over mood or tone. More so since this is a dystopia world. Bleach, Blue Exorcist, and Soul Eater are in no way dystopias. It has some element similarities in terms of the weapons used to fight but apart from that it stops there. It's like comparing Code Geass and Guilty Crown. One knows those are so completely different. At least I hope some of you know.

Anyway.

OK. So there was a Spring 2015 Anime thread already begun. My list of Spring 2015 anime look forward to is as follows.
I have so far marked My Romantic Teen Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. 2. I am so glad since love that anime series to death.

1. My Teen Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. 2 | Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
2. Seraph of the End
3. Is it Wrong to try to pickup Girls in a Dungeon?
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

valvravefangirl wrote:


Charlieandthetrollingfactory wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


bathroom64 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Seraph of the End - The manga is fantastic and the fact that Wit is adapting it with a 5-star cast and crew makes me have a lot of hope. It's going to be a split two-cour so I pray that they follow the manga and allow for there to be a sequel in the future, like they did with AoT. I have faith in you Wit! If you fuck up, I might just cry.



Why you do this to yourself man?


At this point I've already accepted that it'll fail, but I can't help but be excited anyways. Eventually this fucking curse isn't going to work one time so I will continue to be excited for my favorite manga adaptations. There is bond to be one that will be faithful and it could very well be Seraph.


Is Seraph actually that good? I heard that it turned rather generic after the first volume.


YES Seraph of the End is that good even after Volume 1. I can see the irritating comparisons being made to Bleach or Blue Exorcist and even Soul Eater. All my favorite anime and manga but the Seraph of the End series is a complete different monster. I kid you not.

I mean what is up with people trying to always make comparisons to one anime or manga to another. It sometimes get set apart over mood or tone. More so since this is a dystopia world. Bleach, Blue Exorcist, and Soul Eater are in no way dystopias. It has some element similarities in terms of the weapons used to fight but apart from that it stops there. It's like comparing Code Geass and Guilty Crown. One knows those are so completely different. At least I hope some of you know.

Anyway.

OK. So there was a Spring 2015 Anime thread already begun. My list of Spring 2015 anime look forward to is as follows.
I have so far marked My Romantic Teen Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. 2. I am so glad since love that anime series to death.

1. My Romantic Teen Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. 2 | Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
2. Seraph of the End
3. Is it Wrong to try to pickup Girls in a Dungeon?



I'm also getting very tired of people using comparisons to rain negativity on anything new. Almost nothing is entirely unique, all things of the same genre copy bits from each other so you shouldn't simply disregard something because it follows a few simply troupes. I'm definitely looking forward to Seraph, I remember watching the first preview that came out back in November and thinking "Holy shit, this looks beast!"

The one's I'm looking forward to the most would be (in no particular order):

1. Denpa Kyoushi
2) Grisaia no Rakuen
3) Hibike! Euphonium
4) Kekkai Sensen
5) Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
6) Ore Monogatari!! - Wasn't initially hyped for this but it's going to be 2 cour and done by Madhouse. The manga is some funny shit.
7) Owari no Seraph
8) Punch Line
9) Nisekoi 2
10) Shokugeki no Souma
11) Narudoma
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 3/15/15
Hey guys, does anyone know if Ninja Slayer got delayed? It's no longer appearing on the Spring 2015 AniChart.
41376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

Charlieandthetrollingfactory wrote:

Hey guys, does anyone know if Ninja Slayer got delayed? It's no longer appearing on the Spring 2015 AniChart.




ONLINE ONLY


Ninja Slayer Anime to Stream in Japan, U.S., Over 20 Other Countries ANN NEWS

Series to debut online on April 16, then air in Japan in 2016
The official website for Ninja Slayer From Animation, the anime adaptation of the Ninja Slayer

novel series, updated on Wednesday, and revealed that the anime will premiere via online

streaming. The series will premiere its episodes on the Japanese streaming website Niconico on

April 16 at 11:00 p.m. JST. The series will then broadcast on Japanese television in 2016.



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-04/ninja-slayer-anime-to-stream-in-japan-u.s-

over-20-other-countries/.85607
63534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

FLjerry2011 wrote:

ONLINE ONLY


Ninja Slayer Anime to Stream in Japan, U.S., Over 20 Other Countries ANN NEWS

Series to debut online on April 16, then air in Japan in 2016
The official website for Ninja Slayer From Animation, the anime adaptation of the Ninja Slayer

novel series, updated on Wednesday, and revealed that the anime will premiere via online

streaming. The series will premiere its episodes on the Japanese streaming website Niconico on

April 16 at 11:00 p.m. JST. The series will then broadcast on Japanese television in 2016.



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-04/ninja-slayer-anime-to-stream-in-japan-u.s-

over-20-other-countries/.85607


Oh wow, that's a surprise.

I hope CR will still get it during Spring though! I want english subtitles!

EDIT: Wait, I read the spoiler:

The platform or platforms for overseas streaming has yet to been announced.

Then I think it's a safe bet that CR will most definitely stream this. They're the most popular legal anime streaming outlet in the US and worldwide (minus japan), it only makes sense.
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 3/16/15

FLjerry2011 wrote:


Charlieandthetrollingfactory wrote:

Hey guys, does anyone know if Ninja Slayer got delayed? It's no longer appearing on the Spring 2015 AniChart.




ONLINE ONLY


Ninja Slayer Anime to Stream in Japan, U.S., Over 20 Other Countries ANN NEWS

Series to debut online on April 16, then air in Japan in 2016
The official website for Ninja Slayer From Animation, the anime adaptation of the Ninja Slayer

novel series, updated on Wednesday, and revealed that the anime will premiere via online

streaming. The series will premiere its episodes on the Japanese streaming website Niconico on

April 16 at 11:00 p.m. JST. The series will then broadcast on Japanese television in 2016.



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-04/ninja-slayer-anime-to-stream-in-japan-u.s-

over-20-other-countries/.85607


Oh wow, that's certainly unexpected. Think it's likely CR will pick it up then?
41376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/16/15

Charlieandthetrollingfactory wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:





ONLINE ONLY


Ninja Slayer Anime to Stream in Japan, U.S., Over 20 Other Countries ANN NEWS

Series to debut online on April 16, then air in Japan in 2016



Oh wow, that's certainly unexpected. Think it's likely CR will pick it up then?


We can only hope? Kinda backwards that it will be Japan TV in 2016! The whole anime Licensing / even the industry is hard to figure out! Time for fresh ideas!
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15
Honestly, lately with airing anime there's at best about two or three and at worst no shows that I'm interested in, but there's a ton of stuff packed into Spring 2015 that I wanna see.

There are a couple series adapting manga I like. At the top of the list is obviously Ore Monogatari!! which has gotta be one of the best shoujo manga I've ever read and since the scanlations are pretty well behind I'm looking forward to reach things I haven't read yet. There's also Yamada-kun to 7-nin to Majo, since I'm a sucker for crappy shonen romcoms and it does something with the genre I've honestly never seen before. Plus a ton of sequels to / spinoffs of anime I liked: Nisekoi 2, Baby Steps 2, SNAFU 2, Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu...

I'm looking at the list and there are a few things I've never seen that look interesting too. I'm definitely intrigued by the premise to Seraph of the End...
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/26/15
My final line-up for the Spring season 2015:

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (continuing)
Arslan Senki
Denpa Kyoushi
Digimon Adventure Tri.
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Etotama
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
Grisaia no Rakuen
Hibike! Euphonium
High School DxD BorN
Houkago no Pleiades
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season (Continuing)
Kekkai Sensen
Kyoukai no Rinne
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Ninja Slayer From Animation
Nisekoi:
Ore Monogatari!!
Owari no Seraph
Plastic Memories
Punchline
Re-Kan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Triage X
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Add to that the ever-ongoing One Piece and Naruto and I'll be able to hit 30 Anime this season, which is a first for me. Not really sure if I should be happy about that though.
Will post my weekly impressions here as usual.
41376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
ADDED New Category to Master List!

ONGOING WINTER 2015 English DUBS

DRRR 2 CR

Absolute Duo
Assassination Classroom
Death Parade
Kamisama Kiss Season 2
Maria the Virgin Witch
The Rolling Girls
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
27354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
Arslan Senki
Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2-sure-me CR?
Diamond no Ace: Second Season CR?
Digimon Adventure tri.
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season CR
Gintama(2015) CR?
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation CR
Hibike! Euphonium
Kekkai Sensen
Kyoukai no Rinne
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Plastic Memories
Owari no Seraph Fun
Saint Seiya Soul of Gold
Shokugeki no Soma Fun
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Think Seraph and Soma are going to get licensed by funimation because of Viz already owning the english license for their manga.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.