First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your dream job?Have you made any steps towards getting it?
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 3/7/15

Jorvac wrote:

My dream job has always been to be a police officer. Really I do think I've been making progress towards it as I generally have all the good points you need to be a semi-decent police officer XD


That's a tough dream here in the states. Just about everyone hates cops here, and in a lot of cases for good reasons too.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
I want to get into the field of artificial intelligence. I had always said that if computers were to rule the world, I will be the one who wrote the program.

I'm currently finishing my Associates in Science: Computer Science emphasis, and have been accepted to transfer to a 4-year university in their C S program. I am also in the process of writing my own conversational AI that will learn the language of the user as the user converses with it.

I also want to be a published author, but that's a side project.
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
I suppose something in the Law Enforcement field. I'm currently a dispatcher for a Police Department so I'm already taking steps into this career path. It is definitely something I like and probably something I'll be sticking with. I don't plan on staying on this forever, though. For my mental health, of course. I'm not sure what I'll do beyond this. Maybe create an original series of some sort. Who knows!
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 3/7/15 , edited 3/7/15
Nurse

I'm currently taking the pre-med courses. Just about to finish up soon. I've already sent out applications to several internship opportunities and waiting their replies.

I'm so nervous, I'll get the responses around next week.

But I guess cruising around crunchyroll takes my mind off things. Go CR!
17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 3/7/15

Jorvac wrote:

My dream job has always been to be a police officer. Really I do think I've been making progress towards it as I generally have all the good points you need to be a semi-decent police officer XD
That sounds pretty awesome. You're so young, but you have your future thought out already.
2904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
I don't have a dream job now but I used to have a lot of them when I was younger such as an artist, archaeologist, art curator, photojournalist, fashion designer, interior designer, architect, astronaut, psychologist, and Pixar animator :D

My current job is none of those obviously but I did work hard to get my degree and eventually land a job. Ever since I got my job, my ambitions kind of died off since it's just same old same old everyday, and now I'm more focused on just enjoying life, such as traveling and hobbies.
7300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
It was to be a Lawyer... then I heard math was involved. Then I started college going into Marketing. I work at Reebox at the time and I wanted to work there till I graduated and then move to Boston and work my way up. That dreamed die when I let a dude get in the way. Lesson learned. Now I'm a Medical Assistant that this is NOW my dream job. Next would be to work at St. Jude.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/7/15

ChaoticRuins wrote:

Nurse

I'm currently taking the pre-med courses. Just about to finish up soon. I've already sent out applications to several internship opportunities and waiting their replies.

I'm so nervous, I'll get the responses around next week.

But I guess cruising around crunchyroll takes my mind off things. Go CR!


My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for 35 years. I was never really medically inclined, but she was one of the main reasons why I wanted to push myself to achieve my dream. She was very hard working, and I have a ton of respect for that profession, Good luck
Posted 3/7/15 , edited 3/7/15

kamahl01 wrote:


MissMagicNoodles wrote:

I kind of want to be an animator... Not entirely sure how that's gonna work...


Like anime or CGI? I am interested in that kind of stuff as well, but at more of a hobby level. Mostly because I'm not the best at creating characters .


Neither. I'd honestly rather help make cartoons in some way shape or form.
36673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
i've always wanted to pilot aircrafts. it has always been my dream. i thought i would join the military and get the proper training that way, but after taking my exams and getting my physical, when presented with the options of what would be available to me i learned that i was too short for their pilot training. so i sorta gave up on that. people tell i can take flying lessons and what not, but that is super expensive and thats money i just don't have right now
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 3/7/15

kamahl01 wrote:


ChaoticRuins wrote:

Nurse

I'm currently taking the pre-med courses. Just about to finish up soon. I've already sent out applications to several internship opportunities and waiting their replies.

I'm so nervous, I'll get the responses around next week.

But I guess cruising around crunchyroll takes my mind off things. Go CR!


My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for 35 years. I was never really medically inclined, but she was one of the main reasons why I wanted to push myself to achieve my dream. She was very hard working, and I have a ton of respect for that profession, Good luck


Thanks!
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / new jersey
Offline
Posted 3/7/15
So my dream was to be a doctor. After 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, and now in my last year of residency i'm finally finishing in June.

Long story short: after 10+ years of schooling post high school I've realized being a doctor is a pretty shitty job in the US. Endless paperwork, insurance companies, patients who want everything for free and a government that willingly gives to them all contribute to the craphole which is our healthcare system. Definitely not what I imagined it would be like when I was younger and dreaming of being where I am today.

Time to find a new dream job (once I pay off my student loans -_- ).
27265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 3/8/15 , edited 3/8/15
I wanted to be a travel blogger, because I love to travel. However, it's just not a stable career. I thought about other options, and I'm torn between a lawyer, doctor or diplomat. And I'm getting my undergraduate degree soon (graduating).



vpatel62 wrote:

So my dream was to be a doctor. After 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, and now in my last year of residency i'm finally finishing in June.

Long story short: after 10+ years of schooling post high school I've realized being a doctor is a pretty shitty job in the US. Endless paperwork, insurance companies, patients who want everything for free and a government that willingly gives to them all contribute to the craphole which is our healthcare system. Definitely not what I imagined it would be like when I was younger and dreaming of being where I am today.

Time to find a new dream job (once I pay off my student loans -_- ).



Eyyyy, doctors get paid pretty well there Well, more so if you have a specialization. Although it is a pretty altruistic job
15630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/15
As a kid I wanted to be a scientist. I didn't really think of what kind of scientist, but I wanted to be one. Well, I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science so now I'm a Computer Scientist. Mission accomplished.

I develop code and whatnot nowadays, but it's fun work and it's in a field with high demand.
819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/8/15

netdisorder wrote:


Jorvac wrote:

My dream job has always been to be a police officer. Really I do think I've been making progress towards it as I generally have all the good points you need to be a semi-decent police officer XD


That's a tough dream here in the states. Just about everyone hates cops here, and in a lot of cases for good reasons too.


I'm in the UK so it really makes no difference where you go. Everybody hates me the police but wanting to be a police officer means I have to accept the fact not everyone will like me XD I just want to give something back to society
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.