First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply US Flag Ban....in the US?!
Posted 3/11/15 , edited 3/11/15

Lenalee1 wrote:

So what if it's coming from me? I oppose of discrimination towards people at all cost. Also, saying that people of European ethnicity isn't facing any sorts of racism is a bit much. Polish people and Bosnians, to only mentions two, receive a ton of hate.

The bottom line is that people receive crap everywhere. It's not an isolated case.


Funny. You say now that 'people receive crap everywhere', yet you made sure in your first statement only to speak of America. How like everyone else, using one country as a scapegoat while acting like their own are so much better.

Utter nonsense.

And yes, the Poles, etc. do receive pretty bad racism as well. But the fact remains that non-whites and those without a lighter complexion will have a much worse time of it almost always, especially currently. Even the UKIP with its dislike of immigration is far more severe against non-white immigrants than white ones.

Europe has a lot of problems with racism at the moment, far more so than ever before and it is getting worse by the day. Either the non-whites are getting treated horribly or the Muslims are imposing their own rules all across Europe. Absolutely ironic how several people on here in comments are acting like Europe is some shangri-la. What next, Asia has no racism or Japan is a paradise?



27007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15


In case you missed it, this thread is about America. And I never mentioned slavery.

If you so desire, feel free to point out what my country has done. My profile states I'm from England and Norway, which is true. My ethnicity, however, derives from neither. I wasn't born in the country I was supposed to because people went around killing them for being different.
Posted 3/11/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Just let them have their flags... Does it hurt you physically in any way if there's an flag hanging somewhere? No it doesn't, so let it stay there!

This sounds like the stupidity of a thing that happened in my country (Sweden) a while back. I think is was the embassy of Iraq or something similar that had their flag pointing out from their embassy... And some nationalists took that as them violating Swedish air space... Even tho the flag was on a house that they owned. And then the media started talking about it for a day or two...

Sometimes you just have to table flip at peoples stupidity...!





Ah yes, Sweden. The country that has made it illegal to punish your children with corporal punishment and in doing so produced some of the world's most badly behaved children.

But yeah lol. I remember that incident now that you mention it.
4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 3/11/15

Lenalee1 wrote:



In case you missed it, this thread is about America. And I never mentioned slavery.

If you so desire, feel free to point out what my country has done. My profile states I'm from England and Norway, which is true. My ethnicity, however, derives from neither. I wasn't born in the country I was supposed to because people went around killing them for being different.

Yes but you are pointing out America's history as if other countries are somehow different and as if it's justification for banning the flag within it's own country.

The point I'm making is even if our history isn't perfect that is just a part of human history in general we have to accept and move past. We can't blame each other for it because everyone has their own dark history. So there is no reasons to be ashamed or insulted by the American Flag and thus no reason to ban it in it's own country.

If anything that is disrespecting the country and showing contempt for it.
Posted 3/11/15
It's disrespectful and if they don't like the American flag then they don't like America.

If someone doesn't like America they should go to another country and never come back. As for those who are not americans and hate this country because of its negative side (no country is perfect) then they should never come here, please.

46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

teallerina wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Just let them have their flags... Does it hurt you physically in any way if there's an flag hanging somewhere? No it doesn't, so let it stay there!

This sounds like the stupidity of a thing that happened in my country (Sweden) a while back. I think is was the embassy of Iraq or something similar that had their flag pointing out from their embassy... And some nationalists took that as them violating Swedish air space... Even tho the flag was on a house that they owned. And then the media started talking about it for a day or two...

Sometimes you just have to table flip at peoples stupidity...!





Ah yes, Sweden. The country that has made it illegal to punish your children with corporal punishment and in doing so produced some of the world's most badly behaved children.

But yeah lol. I remember that incident now that you mention it.


Sweden doesn't have any worst children then anywhere else in the world... Where have you heard that? Stop believing in stereotypes
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/11/15 , edited 3/11/15

Ssomething wrote:

It's disrespectful and if they don't like the American flag then they don't like America.

If someone doesn't like America they should go to another country and never come back. As for those who are not americans and hate this country because of its negative side (no country is perfect) then they should never come here, please.



You clearly don't know how immigration work... It's not as easy as just moving to another country, you need to immigrate to the country and get their allowance to live there... Unless you stay there illegally, in witch case you're just stupid...
Posted 3/11/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


Ssomething wrote:

It's disrespectful and if they don't like the American flag then they don't like America.

If someone doesn't like America they should go to another country and never come back. As for those who are not americans and hate this country because of its negative side (no country is perfect) then they should never come here, please.



You clearly don't know how immigration work... It's not as easy as just moving to another country, you need to immigrate to the country and get their allowance to live there... Unless you stay there illegally, in witch case you're just stupid...


No one said it was easy, I said that if someone doesn't like America they should go. Whether is hard or not I don't care.

42415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I don't even know.





I really felt anything towards the American flag. If I like a country's flag, it's only because I think it's pretty or cool looking. Don't really care too much about the history behind it.

Speaking of cool flags.




Cool huh?
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
The US is supposed to be a melting pot, so this seems pointless.
Posted 3/11/15 , edited 3/11/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Sweden doesn't have any worst children then anywhere else in the world... Where have you heard that? Stop believing in stereotypes


Members of my family who live there and have married with Swedes. So no, it is not a stereotype, especially as it has been commented on by people who have been there as well many a time.
62171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
You say " More inclusive" but all I hear is "WAH! WAH! I demand you change a fundamental aspect of your country just so I don't have to put effort into properly assimilating into YOUR country"

23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I'm all for free speech and what not, but that's just ridiculous. How does it make sense to ban the flag of the country you're in? When you come to America, the flag is kinda part of the package. If the flag offends you for some reason, that's fine, you don't have to like it or buy one. But don't expect the symbol of the country to be removed from places for your comfort.
27007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15


Um.. I don't believe I mentioned America's history!? Nor did I ever say I was pro banning the flag either. You're jumping to conclusions.
Posted 3/11/15
i think a lot of people don't understand what the whole situation is about and fox news doesn't do a good job of characterizing that for obvious reasons. some alternate links:

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-0311-uci-flag-20150311-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-does-uc-irvine-hate-the-american-flag-not-exactly-20150310-story.html

again, the flag flies normally all over campus and never was in the lobby until recently. if the student council did not involve their own ideological views in the written ruling then this probably would have never been an issue. hindsight and all that stuff.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.