First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Is a such thing as "near death experience" actually possible?
1988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Greensboro NC
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
Falling out of a plane without a parachute and surviving.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15



I didn't explain this thread at all.
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

qualeshia3 wrote:




I didn't explain this thread at all.


i don't understand, did you not understand what i wrote? because i don't understand what you meant by explain. i just went on semi rant mode incase thats what you were wondering.
Posted 3/11/15
No, it isn't.

And am tired of people making up stories to further their religious agenda.

2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
well, i've almost died many times, but the closest was when i was jet-skiing in mexico. The hotel sent a para-sailor out in the area for the jet skis. The rope that they were being towed by was stretched across the water. We were going like 50 mph and I was riding on the back, so i couldn't see anything. All i hear is "duck" so i do, and all i feel is the rope scrape the top of my head. One second later i would have died. And thats my story of how i almost got beheaded in Mexico. I'm glad I can look back and laugh about it.
54644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
Your brain is responsible for your perception of everything, and as you die the brain decides to throw a party (it's actually trying to do whatever it can to not die). As the organ responsible for our perception of reality begins to go off-line begins to fail, we get those NDE.

Since all we have to go on are the reports of people who managed to not have their brains irrecoverably shut down, the information is, at best unreliable.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

wolfsaiga wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:




I didn't explain this thread at all.


i don't understand, did you not understand what i wrote? because i don't understand what you meant by explain. i just went on semi rant mode incase thats what you were wondering.


It's not you it's me. Sorry.
2311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / meme hell
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I think it is possible because you can literally almost die but then somehow you can pull through. I am unsure about all this out-of-body experience or whatever but near-death is as real as living tbh
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
Yeah it's called life.
Posted 3/11/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

No, it isn't.

And am tired of people making up stories to further their religious agenda.



I don't think he asking a religious question. Last year I was hit by a car and right before I was hit I say. Well I'm fuck. Next thing I know I am 3 or 4 feet from the car and as soon I fall in the ground I get back up. I go to my counselor appointment and I tell him what happen. He tell me to take a deep breath and that when I feel my body in pain. And felt like could't breath for a few seconds because the car pull the air off my body. I when to the hospital and was told I was fine other than some pain I was fine.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

qualeshia3 wrote:
1) Do you know someone who had a near death experience?

2) Have you ever had one?

Enjoy!!!



My answer to both of those questions is no. The main question's answer was yes though.
Posted 3/11/15

byClear wrote:

well, i've almost died many times, but the closest was when i was jet-skiing in mexico. The hotel sent a para-sailor out in the area for the jet skis. The rope that they were being towed by was stretched across the water. We were going like 50 mph and I was riding on the back, so i couldn't see anything. All i hear is "duck" so i do, and all i feel is the rope scrape the top of my head. One second later i would have died. And thats my story of how i almost got beheaded in Mexico. I'm glad I can look back and laugh about it.


That's one pretty avi you have there.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/15 , edited 3/11/15
My closest experience was probably being hit by a car..... Broke my arm clean in half, but luckily made a full recovery in like 3-4 months. Luckily it happened during summer break from college...
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

severticas wrote:


byClear wrote:

well, i've almost died many times, but the closest was when i was jet-skiing in mexico. The hotel sent a para-sailor out in the area for the jet skis. The rope that they were being towed by was stretched across the water. We were going like 50 mph and I was riding on the back, so i couldn't see anything. All i hear is "duck" so i do, and all i feel is the rope scrape the top of my head. One second later i would have died. And thats my story of how i almost got beheaded in Mexico. I'm glad I can look back and laugh about it.


That's one pretty avi you have there.

Thanks, I love these kinds of photos
katt14 
15986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I had a smash in which a car went through a stop sign in pouring rain & hit me full-on into the passenger side door. As soon as I caught the car coming at me in my peripheral vision, I must have astral travelled into the seat behind me, because I was watching myself in the drivers seat, in slow motion, as the crash was happening - I saw the car hitting mine, & the body of my car crumpling into the passenger seat; I saw the container of black hair-dye that was on the dashboard slide along the dash & slam into the drivers strut & burst allover the windscreen & window; I saw my arms on the wheel fly sideways & my body going in the opposite direction, and I saw my neck getting momentarily caught by the seatbelt (I'm short, so belts always cross my neck instead of my shoulder) and my hair flying as my head slammed into the side window & shattered it. Then I floated through the car ceiling & watched my car slide along the road & roll 3 times before it landed on its side 50 metres away, and went for a little float around the suburb before everything went first multi-coloured, then a wash of white, then black. I woke up in hospital 2 days later!!
I also saw myself for a second while floating on the ceiling of the hospital while I was recently having emergency surgery! This was followed by the same colour progression as the smash, and then I woke up choking on the air-tubes to hear the surgeon screaming at the aneasthetist to get me back under!! I've had surgery 5 times in my life, and woken up in the middle of 4 of them!!
Anyhow, thats my experience of what most people would call an NDE. Being an atheist who puts my faith in science to explain the mysteries of the universe, I know that it is all the result of misfiring synapsis in my brain because of a lack of oxygen! But it is fun to imagine & watch peoples oohs & aahs as they try to explain it with a more spiritual slant!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.