First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Make your own sentence!
Posted 3/12/15
I think I am a drug dealer because I was horny.

This is most intense and accurate.
13805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hideout #13
Offline
Posted 3/12/15

BlackRose0607 wrote:
I really don't see your point in posting all that. For one, only our age, if we choose to make it visible, is shown in our profiles publicly. Our birth month and year are not shown publicly on our profile.


Year of birth from profile, date and month from this thread.


For two, even if someone knows your exact birth date, month, day and year, there are so many other people in the world that have the exact same birth date as you do that unless they know other personal information about you, such as your real name or where you live exactly or something, then there's not much that they can do with that information.


The post in this thread is linked to the profile. Profile has a username. People tend to reuse same username (or its variations) on multiple sites, linking profiles on different sites can be automated, and matches then refined manually. If I obtained a lot of passwords and usernames (hacked big site, like happened with LinkedIn 3 years ago, or from malware on people PCs), since most people use same one or two passwords for everything, part of this will work for e-banking etc accounts. For services that ask date of birth for validation, I can try data from all threads like this. Probability of person both participating in such games and having their password leaked may be low, but it's surely better to try this, than simply give up - if total number is high, chances may be good.

Yes, I cannot know this for sure, also banks add extra levels of protection, but that's an ongoing process, there're always gaps, and just publishing extra personal info online for everyone to see makes one a more likely victim.


Heck, more information about you comes up when you apply for a credit card or a loan.


In your example you give information to a bank, whereas here you publish it on the Internet for everyone to see.
35412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 3/12/15

elan7aad10 wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:
I really don't see your point in posting all that. For one, only our age, if we choose to make it visible, is shown in our profiles publicly. Our birth month and year are not shown publicly on our profile.


Year of birth from profile, date and month from this thread.


For two, even if someone knows your exact birth date, month, day and year, there are so many other people in the world that have the exact same birth date as you do that unless they know other personal information about you, such as your real name or where you live exactly or something, then there's not much that they can do with that information.


The post in this thread is linked to the profile. Profile has a username. People tend to reuse same username (or its variations) on multiple sites, linking profiles on different sites can be automated, and matches then refined manually. If I obtained a lot of passwords and usernames (hacked big site, like happened with LinkedIn 3 years ago, or from malware on people PCs), since most people use same one or two passwords for everything, part of this will work for e-banking etc accounts. For services that ask date of birth for validation, I can try data from all threads like this. Probability of person both participating in such games and having their password leaked may be low, but it's surely better to try this, than simply give up - if total number is high, chances may be good.

Yes, I cannot know this for sure, also banks add extra levels of protection, but that's an ongoing process, there're always gaps, and just publishing extra personal info online for everyone to see makes one a more likely victim.


Heck, more information about you comes up when you apply for a credit card or a loan.


In your example you give information to a bank, whereas here you publish it on the Internet for everyone to see.


Wow, you're just being really, really paranoid about all of this.... It's just for fun. And like I said, it's a lot of trouble for someone to go through just to find some birth dates that might not even do them any good. And like I said, several other people have your same birth date. And yes, when you are applying for a loan then you are giving that information to the bank. However, when you apply for a credit card it can be through a lot of means, such as at a store, at the bank, through the mail, online and a few other ways. That information is more personal than just your birth date and could be easier accessed by someone if they wanted to.
Posted 3/12/15


In your example you give information to a bank, whereas here you publish it on the Internet for everyone to see.

You also know that credit card info isn't fully shown, even if they did manage to get your pass and email and were able to change it they would have to change your email pass first but even then there are fail safes. Really this has gone too far into the ridiculous dept. Don't want to put you're birthday down, fine don't but don't ruin it for others. Just move on
37232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15

UzumakiRyan wrote:

I named my cat after the tooth fairy because i'm a stripper. Deal with it. (*ノ・ω・)




I named my cat after the tooth fairy because voices in my head told me to. Birthday buddies!

16832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / fairy tail
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15
I PUNCHED ROBERT PATTINSON BECAUSE IM SINGLE .....i would never hurt my edward
1333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / up on Poppy Hill
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
"I killed Chuck Norris because I smoked crack."

CHUCK NORRIS... IS DEAD! *Insert Voldemort laugh here*
I guess drugs do have their moments...
Posted 3/12/15
"I went to McDonalds with a monkey because I ran out of other things to do"

It's true, you know
43713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/12/15

Roaryz wrote:

"I killed Chuck Norris because I smoked crack."

CHUCK NORRIS... IS DEAD! *Insert Voldemort laugh here*
I guess drugs do have their moments...


Oh boy.
192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
I licked a clown because i'm a stripper, deal with it.
waw, fml
58984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
I named my cat after a clown because i was horny.

Pleas take this out of context all you'd like.
3431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / A pastel land
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
I have Nightmares about Chuck Norris because I'm a Ninja
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
I used to date a gangster because I'm a ninja.

what?
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
I wrote a letter to a drug dealer because I ran out of other things to do.
12279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 3/12/15
I wrote a letter to a paper bag because I was horny.

w0t?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.