First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Should there be changing stations in men's restrooms?
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

BlackRose0607 wrote:

Where I live in Vermont a lot of places have a changing thing in the men's restroom as well as the women's, including where I work at Home Depot. I know this not because I've been in the men's room at my work, but just because I've been told it's there. It's actually really common for a Dad to come in with their child alone without the Mom around for our store, especially if the Mom works out of the home and the Dad works for himself doing handywork or something like that. I even once had a Dad tell me that he used the changing station in the women's restroom real quick after checking to see if anyone was in there before realizing that there was one in the men's room too.


Obviously you don't know women like my mother.....or my gun toting lumberjack grandmother.. O.o

>.>

I'm not opposed to it, but I kinda find them silly. It's not like we didn't know how to change a diaper before the changing tables were there.
16295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Midland, Texas
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I think there shouldn't been changing tables in large public restroom at all for either men or women. Instead there should be always be a family restroom that's always stocked with powder, diapers, and whatever else for changing a diaper. Remember babies aren't the only ones that wear diapers. So, I just rather not have to see that scene being displayed for the unsuspecting restroom go'er such as myself(baby or otherwise).
24273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
I think family rest rooms need to be a thing. I see them in some places, but not enough.
35130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

serifsansserif wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Where I live in Vermont a lot of places have a changing thing in the men's restroom as well as the women's, including where I work at Home Depot. I know this not because I've been in the men's room at my work, but just because I've been told it's there. It's actually really common for a Dad to come in with their child alone without the Mom around for our store, especially if the Mom works out of the home and the Dad works for himself doing handywork or something like that. I even once had a Dad tell me that he used the changing station in the women's restroom real quick after checking to see if anyone was in there before realizing that there was one in the men's room too.


Obviously you don't know women like my mother.....or my gun toting lumberjack grandmother.. O.o

>.>

I'm not opposed to it, but I kinda find them silly. It's not like we didn't know how to change a diaper before the changing tables were there.


What does mentioning your mother and grandmother like that have to do with what I posted? All I said was that a lot of places around where I live have changing tables in the men's restrooms as well as the women's ones.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

BlackRose0607 wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Where I live in Vermont a lot of places have a changing thing in the men's restroom as well as the women's, including where I work at Home Depot. I know this not because I've been in the men's room at my work, but just because I've been told it's there. It's actually really common for a Dad to come in with their child alone without the Mom around for our store, especially if the Mom works out of the home and the Dad works for himself doing handywork or something like that. I even once had a Dad tell me that he used the changing station in the women's restroom real quick after checking to see if anyone was in there before realizing that there was one in the men's room too.


Obviously you don't know women like my mother.....or my gun toting lumberjack grandmother.. O.o

>.>

I'm not opposed to it, but I kinda find them silly. It's not like we didn't know how to change a diaper before the changing tables were there.


What does mentioning your mother and grandmother like that have to do with what I posted? All I said was that a lot of places around where I live have changing tables in the men's restrooms as well as the women's ones.


They're women that are more likely to do the handywork than us men.,,, >.>
31145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
It's no skin off my back if there are or not. I'm not going to be making use of them in either case.

I've seen them in men's rooms in Vermont, but I'd say they're still more the exception than the norm.

A point I didn't see brought up is that male restrooms are typically far less hygienic than female restrooms. Not necessarily because men are less fastidious, but because the cleaning staff just seem to have given up on life by the time they make it to the male restroom.
66218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / WA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/11/15
Having more changing tables would certainly have been more convenient. Minivan bench seats did the job, but the extra effort involved with getting everyone outside the store, diaper(s) changed, back inside the store was certainly irritating at the places that didn't have them. It feels like they're more common now than they used to be.
35130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 3/11/15

serifsansserif wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Where I live in Vermont a lot of places have a changing thing in the men's restroom as well as the women's, including where I work at Home Depot. I know this not because I've been in the men's room at my work, but just because I've been told it's there. It's actually really common for a Dad to come in with their child alone without the Mom around for our store, especially if the Mom works out of the home and the Dad works for himself doing handywork or something like that. I even once had a Dad tell me that he used the changing station in the women's restroom real quick after checking to see if anyone was in there before realizing that there was one in the men's room too.


Obviously you don't know women like my mother.....or my gun toting lumberjack grandmother.. O.o

>.>

I'm not opposed to it, but I kinda find them silly. It's not like we didn't know how to change a diaper before the changing tables were there.


What does mentioning your mother and grandmother like that have to do with what I posted? All I said was that a lot of places around where I live have changing tables in the men's restrooms as well as the women's ones.


They're women that are more likely to do the handywork than us men.,,, >.>


I wasn't saying that women don't do handywork, in fact we have plenty of women who come into the store that do. I was just saying that those Dads who do handywork for a living, as in they do it for their job for income, we have some that come into the store with their kids, especially babies, because the Mom most likely works outside of the home and therefore can't take the baby to work herself. Which I think is a wonderful thing that the Dad is being responsible and taking care of the kid while the Mom is able to work on her own as well.
Posted 3/12/15
the changing station here in australia is unisex... (it's called the Parents' Room)

didn't realise in other parts of the world... they're limited to the female restroom... how absurd... that seems a bit sexist, in my non humble opinion.

5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 3/12/15
Most of the rest areas and McDonald's around here have changing stations in the Men's Room... So I'm thinking we're almost there...

Sometimes Ma ain't around to change out the poopy kid and IT IS NICE to have a place where PA can take care of that crap....
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15
There already is here in the UK
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15
this change has been happening as far as i know. most places that are large usually incorporate a family or unisex bathroom. smaller places tend to only have unisex bathroom.

small and low populated businesses tend not to have any.

as far as i know most parents usually carry a changing mat int he diaper bag anyways. although it may suck to do it on the floor, changing mats rule. if your worried about dirtying the mat than lay a bunch of toilet paper on the ground and lay the mat over that. worse case scenario is either have a stranger do it for you or if the bathroom is small enough get the clerk clear out the womans bathroom for you.

places that truly need it are incorporating the idea already or will when there is enough demand for them.

it sucks, but parents usually find themselves in need of one in the worst places. they will have to figure out what to do and usually keep quiet about it. places that see more regulars with babies will hear more complaint and might install one from it. not that parents should complain more, but popping a "hey i noticed that your bathroom doesn't have diaper station to a clerk or waiter" will help in the long run.

i guess i should start posting a disclaimer for when i have 0 sleep that my grammer will ultimately suck, here it is. been corrected way to many times.
73268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Atlanta, GA
Offline
Posted 3/12/15 , edited 3/12/15
But there already are changing stations in men's bathrooms...


wolfsaiga wrote:

as far as i know most parents usually carry a changing mat int he diaper bag anyways. although it may suck to do it on the floor, changing mats rule. if your worried about dirtying the mat than lay a bunch of toilet paper on the ground and lay the mat over that...


There's an irony about worrying that the ground/floor is going to be what dirties a mat designed for the sole purpose of people pissing and shitting on it.
One Punch Mod
85929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/26/15
Closed because OP nuked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.