Post Reply Is manga cesnsored here ?
18066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/14/15 , edited 3/14/15
Ok , now that I have access to the manga , is it censored or not ? hate to get into a series & find half the page blacked out . Shows are bad enough (Sister Devil , So I Can't Play , etc) .
Posted 3/14/15
Probably not, but the bigger issue you're going to run into is the extreme lack of manga available.
18066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
Just took a quick look...slim pickings. Did there use to be more ?
389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
Well, this is how it is when you actually have to negotiate licenses and pay for the content on your site, SirGorilla ;)
Not ever going to see something like the Chinese bootleg sites as a legal commercial site IMHO.

That said, a lot of the major publishers in Japan have their own online manga sites these days.
12151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Planet Anime
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
They recently added manga to the first tier subscription probably due to CR's extreme lack in titles.
28173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
Read Sun-Ken Rock, Defiantly NOT censord.
24259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
Censored manga is a drag, but I haven't heard of any CR manga being edited yet. Viz does that sometimes though.
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/15

SirGorilla wrote:

Just took a quick look...slim pickings. Did there use to be more ?
The manga service is a relatively new thing. As far as I know CR has only added new titles and hasn't ever removed any. They have to start somewhere.

17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 3/14/15
cr manga seems to not be censored. buffalo girls has lots of topless ness.
but cr manga selection sucks. and the reader on firefox is less than perfect.

and there seems to be recurring problem with titles out of order or not being updated on time.
Posted 3/14/15
From what I have seen,no. If they ever do I will downgrade my subscription.
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

MysticGon wrote:

Censored manga is a drag, but I haven't heard of any CR manga being edited yet. Viz does that sometimes though.


Do you know which titles they've censored? (Besides JoJo: Stardust Crusaders)

Seeing this has piqued my interest, so now I'm stuck wondering if any of the series I've followed from them is edited....
24259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

ParadoxSpiral wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Censored manga is a drag, but I haven't heard of any CR manga being edited yet. Viz does that sometimes though.


Do you know which titles they've censored? (Besides JoJo: Stardust Crusaders)

Seeing this has piqued my interest, so now I'm stuck wondering if any of the series I've followed from them is edited....


Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Achemist and Zatch Bell are the three that instantly come to my mind.
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

MysticGon wrote:


ParadoxSpiral wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Censored manga is a drag, but I haven't heard of any CR manga being edited yet. Viz does that sometimes though.


Do you know which titles they've censored? (Besides JoJo: Stardust Crusaders)

Seeing this has piqued my interest, so now I'm stuck wondering if any of the series I've followed from them is edited....


Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Achemist and Zatch Bell are the three that instantly come to my mind.


I see. I did a little research. Apparently Pokemon is censored, and even Claymore has dialogue censoring in the first 20 volumes.

Now I'm going to have to look into every series I own to see if anything is different ;-;
You must be logged in to post.