First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Gintama is such a great anime
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15
I've been watching it. Currently 55 episodes in. The humor has been hit-or-miss for me, but there have been enough seriously funny episodes to make it worth watching.
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Every desk drawer...
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

xxJing wrote:


OniStatic wrote:

Currently at like episode 167 I think.
Probably the funniest show I have ever watched.
I put it off for so long. Never have I laughed so hard at anything. It's just so good.
Super excited for the new season.


Also check out Sket Dance. It's by one of Gintama's mangaka's former assistant's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room mate.



Also, Switch in Sket Dance is voiced by the same person as Gin-san.
19917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

BlazingRagnarok wrote:

I've been watching it. Currently 55 episodes in. The humor has been hit-or-miss for me, but there have been enough seriously funny episodes to make it worth watching.


Keep at it. I can't say I always enjoyed the humor, but 90% of it had me laughing or laughing too hard to breathe. Gintama is a really unique show and I've never seen anything quite like it. The action is top notch, the comedy is enjoyable if not hilarious, and even the filler is leagues ahead of filler in other series.
5813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/15

kurosakiichigo2010 wrote:


glenn119 wrote:

I usually avoid long animes but everyone was recommending it so I gave it a try. Currently on episode 56. It started out a bit slow but man everything after episode 20 has been brilliant.

Episode 56? One of the best Gintama arcs are starting in the next few episodes!!


Just watched it. Fricking awesome. Need moar of Katsura and Gintoki. Episdoes 56 (Otse gets kidnapped) and 50 were incredible also.
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/15

lilliputian_otaku wrote:
and even the filler is leagues ahead of filler in other series.

Isn't most of the show filler?
Le_Dom 
16897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 3/16/15
There are just so many kinds of humor in Gintama: absurd, vulgar, referential, character based etc etc so I'm confident that everyone will find at least a few episodes they find funny.

And it's not just that, it can actually deliver some very emotional and serious scenes when it tries.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/15
I need to watch it still. I think I'll start this week given the new season is so soon. Binge watching time for the mooing monkey!
14766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Yorozuya Gin-chan...
Offline
Posted 3/21/15

glenn119 wrote:


kurosakiichigo2010 wrote:


glenn119 wrote:

I usually avoid long animes but everyone was recommending it so I gave it a try. Currently on episode 56. It started out a bit slow but man everything after episode 20 has been brilliant.

Episode 56? One of the best Gintama arcs are starting in the next few episodes!!


Just watched it. Fricking awesome. Need moar of Katsura and Gintoki. Episdoes 56 (Otse gets kidnapped) and 50 were incredible also.


Katsura + Gintoki ftw!!!!

I love the ending song for that arc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q28QdpzqqQg
Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/22/15
gintama is horrible gosh y would u ever watch that show
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.