First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Personality Change
10350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/15/15


sounds more like ASPD than Aspergers to me. While Asperger's would cover the difficulty to integrate socially, and properly communicate with others, you specifically point out anger. You obviously don't trust people very easily it appears, my guess is because although you may can read them; you don't understand what they are feeling at that moment and can't translate to what they want to do next which gives you anxiety.

Antisocial personality disorder far better fits your behavior.

lack of empathy

fleeting emotions (subtle)

anger issues

typically had a behavioral disorder when younger, but you may not have been diagnosed. Fighting a lot would fit this requirement anyways

Prone to lawlessness - the fact you look for weapons without cause would attribute to this.

cold/distant towards others

manipulative of other's behavior - which is the only one you didn't mention that should show up to a degree.

1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 3/15/15
Personality can change and traits can develop/extinct since the environment plays a bigger role in shaping it; temperament is usually set in stone though (since it's biological)
Posted 3/15/15

Shishiku wrote:



sounds more like ASPD than Aspergers to me. While Asperger's would cover the difficulty to integrate socially, and properly communicate with others, you specifically point out anger. You obviously don't trust people very easily it appears, my guess is because although you may can read them; you don't understand what they are feeling at that moment and can't translate to what they want to do next which gives you anxiety.

Antisocial personality disorder far better fits your behavior.

lack of empathy

fleeting emotions (subtle)

anger issues

typically had a behavioral disorder when younger, but you may not have been diagnosed. Fighting a lot would fit this requirement anyways

Prone to lawlessness - the fact you look for weapons without cause would attribute to this.

cold/distant towards others

manipulative of other's behavior - which is the only one you didn't mention that should show up to a degree.



Maybe I did't write it but when I look for weapon is because feel I'm about to be attack, that when I star looking for it. Usually when I feel like that I am attack. So I'm hardly ever wrong about this. I haven't gotten in a fight in 3 years thou. Last year a kid try to get in a fight with me but a run crossed the street and ignoring him. Anger was when I was younger except now. I have very good control in that area to the point you may think is abnormal. I only cold/distant to people I hate or feel they are assholes.

Prone to lawlessness
This kind unfair to say, since I never committed a crime.

manipulative of other's behavior
Everybody do this to each-other to be fair. Is the reason hidden that make you a good person or asshole, depending of the situation too. I don't think I have this ether

ntisocial personality disorder far better fits your behavior.
Since I gave money to a girl I don't even know, so she could ride the bus home.
10350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/15/15


Yeah, that added clarification that you were always attacked first changes things.
Prone to lawlessness isn't unfair - i didn't say you did. it is just a typical symptom of the disorder. I have it and ive never been convicted of anything either.
Manipulation - there are extremes, normal people won't do it if it is genuinely adversely effecting the person's health, finances, or life in general. And it isn't always in a way that hurts others, it simply could be for self interest.

But yes, after the clarification you provided. you sir, do not.
Posted 3/15/15

Shishiku wrote:



Yeah, that added clarification that you were always attacked first changes things.
Prone to lawlessness isn't unfair - i didn't say you did. it is just a typical symptom of the disorder. I have it and ive never been convicted of anything either.
Manipulation - there are extremes, normal people won't do it if it is genuinely adversely effecting the person's health, finances, or life in general. And it isn't always in a way that hurts others, it simply could be for self interest.

But yes, after the clarification you provided. you sir, do not.


What do you mean by lawlessness ?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

mistletain wrote:


Well yeah, because 10 year old you did not have his personality set. If you're talking about fundamental changes, it's only really significant after your brain has finished maturing during your mid 20s or at least after puberty. At which point you can claim with some degree of confidence that a and b are your personality traits and they have now changed to c and d. Anything before that is just part of your normal development.


Ooh.~ How intelligent.~ You must have a Ph.D in developmental psychology.~
10350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/15/15



As stated, a common symptom of the disorder involves a lack of regard for rules and laws. These behavioral deficits are usually manifested in things like theft, fights, and just a lack of regard for rules in general. This is usually in correlation to the over-desire to seek thrills in a non-normal manner due to bad impulse control.

Either way you can forget what I stated. You seem dull, not sociopathic. Which means you don't have ASPD!
5012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 3/15/15
I honestly think that we can change our personality over a long period of time because no one stays the same. As we grow up and experience new things, we realize what's important to us and eventually shape our life around that as we learn. Our beliefs may remain the same but our personality and how we approach/respond to things may completely change, it's just up to the person and the way they view life.
Posted 3/15/15

Shishiku wrote:




As stated, a common symptom of the disorder involves a lack of regard for rules and laws. These behavioral deficits are usually manifested in things like theft, fights, and just a lack of regard for rules in general. This is usually in correlation to the over-desire to seek thrills in a non-normal manner due to bad impulse control.

Either way you can forget what I stated. You seem dull, not sociopathic. Which means you don't have ASPD!


You haven't see me angry or fight, because if you have, you would think I'm a psychopath. Now to the rules thing. I only live by my rules and morals code. If I disagree with something even if get me jail-time or kill. I would still do it if I think is the right thing to do.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

Shishiku wrote:


As stated, a common symptom of the disorder involves a lack of regard for rules and laws. These behavioral deficits are usually manifested in things like theft, fights, and just a lack of regard for rules in general. This is usually in correlation to the over-desire to seek thrills in a non-normal manner due to bad impulse control.

Either way you can forget what I stated. You seem dull, not sociopathic. Which means you don't have ASPD!


Yay!~ No sociopaths here!

Y'see, I was soooo worried Arararararagi might be a sociopath. We have an image to uphold on CR, after all. Sociopaths just aren't good for that.

By the by, sociopaths and psychopaths are antiquated terms of small minded plebeians, or so it is decreed by the American Psychiatric Association. Now the term used is Antisocial Personality Disorder, as socio/psycho connotes a negative image which can be detrimental to the improved mental health of those with the Disorder. Also, as is Asperger's Syndrome. Now Asperger's is merely a part of the Autism Spectrum.~ You can still claim it, if that is a prior diagnosis, however.~

The more you know.~
Posted 3/15/15

Phersu wrote:


mistletain wrote:


Well yeah, because 10 year old you did not have his personality set. If you're talking about fundamental changes, it's only really significant after your brain has finished maturing during your mid 20s or at least after puberty. At which point you can claim with some degree of confidence that a and b are your personality traits and they have now changed to c and d. Anything before that is just part of your normal development.


Ooh.~ How intelligent.~ You must have a Ph.D in developmental psychology.~


Not sure if I'm being mocked or not lol but I don't think this warrants a disclaimer. Imo as a 20 year old more focus should be put on the direction of your personal growth rather than the simple fact that you're changing.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

mistletain wrote:

Not sure if I'm being mocked or not lol but I don't think this warrants a disclaimer. Imo as a 20 year old more focus should be put on the direction of your personal growth rather than the simple fact that you're changing.


The captain's incapacitated, I'm afraid.~ This ship is just floating.~


karmacide wrote:

Too many variables. Some people are going to be a lot more flexible than others.


Posted 3/15/15

Phersu wrote:


karmacide wrote:

Too many variables. Some people are going to be a lot more flexible than others.




That avatar of his is far too suggestive.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.