First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply How long will we have the first ammendment?
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/15
With the rise of the far-left... freedom of religion is in jeopardy. I say "far" left, because this goes beyond what I see as normal. However, by today's standards, these are regular liberals. Five years ago, they'd be called far-leftists. But no... now they're regular leftists

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/american-dispatch/48663-former-seals-chaplain-could-be-kicked-out-of-navy-for-christian-beliefs
Now a chaplain AKA a minister, can face charges for allegations that... A. Are not proven, B. The result of him being pestered by questions C. Not offensive in the first place... I'm not for don't ask don't tell... however, is it possible ot have gays in the military without oppressing the religious people.

These two articles prove two things
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-bakers-who-refused-to-make-cake-for-lesbian-wedding-found-guilty-of-discrimination-will-have-to-pay-up-to-150k-133581/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/02/embattled-baker-claimed-christian-activist-wanted-his-cake-to-read-god-hates-gays-and-that-she-refused-but-theres-a-major-problem-with-that-story/

A. Both these cases are asinine. And discrimination laws in this country are threatening both economic and religious freedom
B. Dicrimination laws aren't applied equaly

And if conservatives were leading the "social revolution" ... then it'd be the same thing... only religious people would have freedom and gays would have thier first amendment rights taken away.

This is because liberals and conservatives are selfish and stupid. They only support freedom when it's convient for them. The perspective of a gay liberal activists, and a right wing evangelical is exactly the same.
"as long as I got my freedom, fuck how people I disagree with feel"

With that.... freedom of religion is getting gang-banged on both sides. The left seems to be the one banging the hardest, but all that means is that America is becoming a fucked up bird with two left wings who can't fly straight.

So... with both the left and the right trying to destroy what the first ammendemt stand for. Do you think it will survive forever? When America finally falls, do you believe the first amendment will still be on out books, or will liberals repeal it and enforce their own standards of "freedom of speech"
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

silversongwriter

This is because liberals and conservatives are selfish and stupid. They only support freedom when it's convient for them. The perspective of a gay liberal activists, and a right wing evangelical is exactly the same.
"as long as I got my freedom, fuck how people I disagree with feel"


yeaah....



freedom of speech isnt, never was, plenty of cases, examples and exceptions from all over the world.









24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15
The US will have it for as long as it is a nation. But it will be ignored more and more going into the future in my opinion.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

MysticGon wrote:

The US will have it for as long as it is a nation. But it will be ignored more and more going into the future in my opinion.


So basically what liberals do with the second amendment. Don't repeal it, but try as hard as you can to tip toe around it
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

silversongwriter wrote:

With the rise of the far-left... freedom of religion is in jeopardy. I say "far" left, because this goes beyond what I see as normal. However, by today's standards, these are regular liberals. Five years ago, they'd be called far-leftists. But no... now they're regular leftists

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/american-dispatch/48663-former-seals-chaplain-could-be-kicked-out-of-navy-for-christian-beliefs
Now a chaplain AKA a minister, can face charges for allegations that... A. Are not proven, B. The result of him being pestered by questions C. Not offensive in the first place... I'm not for don't ask don't tell... however, is it possible ot have gays in the military without oppressing the religious people.

These two articles prove two things
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-bakers-who-refused-to-make-cake-for-lesbian-wedding-found-guilty-of-discrimination-will-have-to-pay-up-to-150k-133581/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/02/embattled-baker-claimed-christian-activist-wanted-his-cake-to-read-god-hates-gays-and-that-she-refused-but-theres-a-major-problem-with-that-story/

A. Both these cases are asinine. And discrimination laws in this country are threatening both economic and religious freedom
B. Dicrimination laws aren't applied equaly

And if conservatives were leading the "social revolution" ... then it'd be the same thing... only religious people would have freedom and gays would have thier first amendment rights taken away.

This is because liberals and conservatives are selfish and stupid. They only support freedom when it's convient for them. The perspective of a gay liberal activists, and a right wing evangelical is exactly the same.
"as long as I got my freedom, fuck how people I disagree with feel"

With that.... freedom of religion is getting gang-banged on both sides. The left seems to be the one banging the hardest, but all that means is that America is becoming a fucked up bird with two left wings who can't fly straight.

So... with both the left and the right trying to destroy what the first ammendemt stand for. Do you think it will survive forever? When America finally falls, do you believe the first amendment will still be on out books, or will liberals repeal it and enforce their own standards of "freedom of speech"


Ever visited /pol/ I think you would like it there.
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15
I just waiting for the one idiot who will start another civil war.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

I just waiting for the one idiot to star another civil war.


Doubt it nobody's stupid enough to bite on this obvious bait.
Posted 3/19/15

megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

I just waiting for the one idiot to star another civil war.


Doubt it nobody's stupid enough to bite on this obvious bait.


All that take one moron to start shooting and a few idiots to listing to him or her. And everything goes to hell.
24468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/15
Both of the far sides can be dumb, as you've said, supporting freedom of speech when it's convenient for them.

People always say, "You have the right to be free in speech, but that doesn't mean you can be an asshole."
Unfortunately, in some cases it does. Unless they're breaking the Discrimination Act or any other law similar, they can be as "assholey" as they want. I wish people would just leave these types alone in their own pool of gloom and hate, unless they're being threatening in some way.
24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 3/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

I just waiting for the one idiot who will start another civil war.


Who would be the belligerents?
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15
Umm where did one of the posts disappear? It was pretty good
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

I just waiting for the one idiot to star another civil war.


Doubt it nobody's stupid enough to bite on this obvious bait.


All that take one moron to start shooting and a few idiots to listing to him or her. And everything goes to hell.


Yeah but just some basic research will show how BS this whole thing is. The website is so obviously right wing fundamentalist and biased its impossible for anyone to take it seriously. Maybe im just naive.
Posted 3/19/15

MysticGon wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

I just waiting for the one idiot who will start another civil war.


Who would be the belligerents?


There people who live in private land and in communities in the USA that are a bit crazy when it comes to the government. A few months ago there some people calling for succession of the country. I think TEXAS was one of them, people reaction to that was, let them. But when they realize they will get power and water cut of from the rest of the country, they shut up pretty fast, especially when people point out to them Mexico and if Mexico invaded they will not get army support. There other senators in other states who when crazy too. But that was a few months ago.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15

severticas wrote:

Umm where did one of the posts disappear? It was pretty good


It might have been mine I posted it and then decided i didn't fancy defending my position for the next x many hours because well politics chat is draining and anime chat is fun. Sorry glad you liked it though. If it began by pointing out that the american Left from a global perspective isnt very left wing then it was mine.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Online
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15

silversongwriter wrote:

With the rise of the far-left... freedom of religion is in jeopardy. I say "far" left, because this goes beyond what I see as normal. However, by today's standards, these are regular liberals. Five years ago, they'd be called far-leftists. But no... now they're regular leftists

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/american-dispatch/48663-former-seals-chaplain-could-be-kicked-out-of-navy-for-christian-beliefs
Now a chaplain AKA a minister, can face charges for allegations that... A. Are not proven, B. The result of him being pestered by questions C. Not offensive in the first place... I'm not for don't ask don't tell... however, is it possible ot have gays in the military without oppressing the religious people.

These two articles prove two things
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-bakers-who-refused-to-make-cake-for-lesbian-wedding-found-guilty-of-discrimination-will-have-to-pay-up-to-150k-133581/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/02/embattled-baker-claimed-christian-activist-wanted-his-cake-to-read-god-hates-gays-and-that-she-refused-but-theres-a-major-problem-with-that-story/

A. Both these cases are asinine. And discrimination laws in this country are threatening both economic and religious freedom
B. Dicrimination laws aren't applied equaly

And if conservatives were leading the "social revolution" ... then it'd be the same thing... only religious people would have freedom and gays would have thier first amendment rights taken away.

This is because liberals and conservatives are selfish and stupid. They only support freedom when it's convient for them. The perspective of a gay liberal activists, and a right wing evangelical is exactly the same.
"as long as I got my freedom, fuck how people I disagree with feel"

With that.... freedom of religion is getting gang-banged on both sides. The left seems to be the one banging the hardest, but all that means is that America is becoming a fucked up bird with two left wings who can't fly straight.

So... with both the left and the right trying to destroy what the first ammendemt stand for. Do you think it will survive forever? When America finally falls, do you believe the first amendment will still be on out books, or will liberals repeal it and enforce their own standards of "freedom of speech"


Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Military chaplains fall into a weird state they are members of the government they are taught or at least used to be taught not to push their personal views and flavor of religion onto military personal. This was done because one chaplain can have many people of different faiths they work with.Now as an example of this if I the little old pagan cavalry scout walked into the chapel to ask for help and advice and the chaplain started to push his views on me first he would find out I'm pagan than he would meet the JAG and explain to them why he was doing this. You don't push your personal views as a chaplain the good ones get this and they are really good.

As for the anti discrimination laws well I will point out that some folks have a history of doing this and using religion to justify this. Your religious freedoms do not trump another persons liberties.Also we were not founds as a Christian nation. I will provide proof to this first the treaty of Tripoli which was written and voted on by many of the founding fathers. Second the very first veto by James Madison fourth president of the country(the guy that wrote said Constitution) was on the grounds of the establishment clause in said amendment. HJe also told congress afte rr this to setup a poor house in DC which is what they wanted the Church to do.

If you are really worried about this kick the ACLU twenty bucks they will defend anyones rights and liberties.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.